no connection

Hello again , well unfortunately nothing worked, the software says the same . can not downgrade. talked to DJI support for a while and they say it must be the controller reading bad

So they're saying your controller is not communicating with the aircraft? What does that have to do with successfully downloading firmware into the aircraft while the controller is off?

Btw, if 1.7.6 did not work, then you obviously installed 1.9.6 early on. Had I known that I would not have tried all these other versions. Now 1.8 is going to be your firmware option. And, you are most likely have issues with the R/C because of this. The R/C has to be updated in sequence way before the firmware you installed.

Last edited:
And because of the controller you have plus with it having older firmware in it, you will probably have to send the a/c in for repair now.

Do you have 1.8? I think it is on dji's website. Install that and let me know what you have....

Reactions: dimoleon
And because of the controller you have plus with it having older firmware in it, you will probably have to send the a/c in for repair now.

Do you have 1.8? I think it is on dji's website. Install that and let me know what you have....
Hi , sorry about that , I was out. I have the 1.9.6 in it now apparently andI can not get it to down grade. I will try one more time but I have my doubts.
It says in the ab file that a better version is already in and it doesn't have the correct firmware to downgrade.

As it is still in the last month of the warranty , I will take it with me to Florida and take it to best buy who seems to be dealers, so they can send it in for repair . As I heard that might take some time I have decided ( also out of frustration) that I will go for the new phantom 4 . I have heard a lot of good things about that one . your thoughts ??
Thank you so very much for your help frank , oso and msinger . I learned a lot even without being able to get it back to work.
Take care all and happy flying

I wouldn't even give that one thought. Absolutely I would have the new Mavic. That is a super cool aircraft.

I wouldn't even give that one thought. Absolutely I would have the new Mavic. That is a super cool aircraft.
Hi Frank , I just also ordered the new Mavic , just to let you know :)
Also I have still been trying to update the controller. ( can't ruin anything now I thought) and after inserting the sd with also the 1.9.6. on it .(same as drone) it started beeping after one minute. I better let it go beeping now right ? or is it because there is no connection ??

Hi Frank , I just also ordered the new Mavic , just to let you know :)
Also I have still been trying to update the controller. ( can't ruin anything now I thought) and after inserting the sd with also the 1.9.6. on it .(same as drone) it started beeping after one minute. I better let it go beeping now right ? or is it because there is no connection ??
no worries , it just switched off , no luck

Do you have anyone with in driving distance who also owns a P3?

You may want to keep the P3 along with the Mavic once you have everything in hand and working. I have spoke much about this yet, but the Mavic is really nice, but it wont take as nice of pics or video as a P3 or P4. It has a smaller chip and I saw a side by side comparison with P4 video and there is a difference. Mavic field of view is smaller also.

Do you have anyone with in driving distance who also owns a P3?

You may want to keep the P3 along with the Mavic once you have everything in hand and working. I have spoke much about this yet, but the Mavic is really nice, but it wont take as nice of pics or video as a P3 or P4. It has a smaller chip and I saw a side by side comparison with P4 video and there is a difference. Mavic field of view is smaller also.
I do know Bob barnes in new port richey who also has a p3p , why ? would you think of another solution ? I was thinking of actually keeping the p3p to as I paid at the time full price for it anyway

You can pair/bind your remote with another aircraft that doesn't have the newer firmware to get your R/C updated.

Or ship it to someone not far to do it.

You can pair/bind your remote with another aircraft that doesn't have the newer firmware to get your R/C updated.

Or ship it to someone not far to do it.
But will it then still work with my aircraft as that has the newer firmware in it now ??

But will it then still work with my aircraft as that has the newer firmware in it now ??

If the firmware versions are close enough it should work. But you would need to find out before hand on what you need for firmware version prior to sending it anywhere.

If the firmware versions are close enough it should work. But you would need to find out before hand on what you need for firmware version prior to sending it anywhere.
Guess I know what you mean but I do not want to mess up someone else his connection because I might have a problem . It would not hurt his right ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers