no connection

Reaction score
Still no luck connecting my ipad mini to rc , keeps coming back how to connect in the app.
its a phantom 3 professional btw. looks like RC doesn't recognise the Ipad , tried android phone too , same result.
As there are more of you guys who had this same problem , any successful ones ?
Looking for tips for repair or reset . or is it paperweight now ??
used altogether 7 times . sad.
all help very much appreciated.

You tried the trick of rotating to a different bird on that screen and then choosing the professional?

Hi, I wished I could . I can only get " how to connect" no video at all

At this point the aircraft needs to be powered up.

If it does not recognize the aircraft then you have to pair the R/C and aircraft together. There is a small hole on rightside of aircraft near air vent. There is a small red light next to the hole.

If that doesn't work then you have to manually pair the devices.

Still no luck connecting my ipad mini to rc , keeps coming back how to connect in the app.
its a phantom 3 professional btw. looks like RC doesn't recognise the Ipad , tried android phone too , same result.
As there are more of you guys who had this same problem , any successful ones ?
Looking for tips for repair or reset . or is it paperweight now ??
used altogether 7 times . sad.
all help very much appreciated.
In your other thread regarding this same issue, you noted "I did update the bird with success my controller doesn't seem to update" but you did not clearly answer the question from @msinger about whether or not this issue arose after you updated the P3 firmware. If you updated the P3 to 1.8 or 1.9, it wont connect to the RC unless you also update the RC to 1.6.

Which versions of FW do you have on your P3 and on your RC?

Reactions: JoBe
In your other thread regarding this same issue, you noted "I did update the bird with success my controller doesn't seem to update" but you did not clearly answer the question from @msinger about whether or not this issue arose after you updated the P3 firmware. If you updated the P3 to 1.8 or 1.9, it wont connect to the RC unless you also update the RC to 1.6.

Which versions of FW do you have on your P3 and on your RC?
It all happened after I took it out of the case after say 4 months, no video. after reading some threads it said you have to update. thought that might be true and updated the copter with succes , trying to do so with controller failed like it did not recognise the usb. connection seems to be there as I can make pictures ,(while its on the table) and move the gimbal. Now trying to do an upgrade with cable going in from copter to controller. guess not the right way to do but I was getting desperate.
Also renewed dji go app 4 times and reset my ipad mini to factory setting 3 times. now working on restting through my computer with itunes. hope something will finally work

At this point the aircraft needs to be powered up.

If it does not recognize the aircraft then you have to pair the R/C and aircraft together. There is a small hole on rightside of aircraft near air vent. There is a small red light next to the hole.

If that doesn't work then you have to manually pair the devices.
Hi there , tried that too . set on controller on discovery mode , blue light coming on, pressed with a toothpick into the small hole next to red/green flashing light . all without luck so far. pretty annoying , been with it seriously over two full days now . I'm sure it must be something stupid as it worked fine when I packed it up

It all happened after I took it out of the case after say 4 months, no video. after reading some threads it said you have to update. thought that might be true and updated the copter with succes , trying to do so with controller failed like it did not recognise the usb. connection seems to be there as I can make pictures ,(while its on the table) and move the gimbal. Now trying to do an upgrade with cable going in from copter to controller. guess not the right way to do but I was getting desperate.
Also renewed dji go app 4 times and reset my ipad mini to factory setting 3 times. now working on restting through my computer with itunes. hope something will finally work

Right there is your problem. Your R/C updates through the app only! It does not update by usb.

I hooked the drone up with supplied cable to controller now, set controller on recovery mode , blue light flashing, if that doesn't detect anything it goes back to green but this time it is beeping frequently.
Just how long might this take ? its on already for half hour beeping

Right there is your problem. Your R/C updates through the app only! It does not update by usb.
Hi Frank , that makes sense , only thing is that I am not able to connect my Ipad , it doesn't recognize it or v.v. I did actually also try it with android that I use for osmo but same thing . only how to connect comes up

Are you trying to update the firmware in the aircraft again?

sorry while osmo camera view is there although I did not switch that on obviously

Ok let's slow down as we're talking about things that do not pertain to the issue at hand.

You do not connect any cable to aircraft to update the R/C. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Oso
With your ipad and r/c powered on, in the app menu near the top it will mention the controller needs update. You select that and allow it to download.

I will give that I try in a bit , at this moment my Ipad is connected to my PC to do a full software update and recovery through I tunes if that might help at all. I will try it with my android device , hold on

I will give that I try in a bit , at this moment my Ipad is connected to my PC to do a full software update and recovery through I tunes if that might help at all. I will try it with my android device , hold on

Ok I'll wait.

With your ipad and r/c powered on, in the app menu near the top it will mention the controller needs update. You select that and allow it to download.
on my android screen it only says how to connect too. . i can not get into the main screen.
light on controller is green though, but it looks like on the copter little light flashes green/red

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj