New to dji drones. Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the forum and I had some questions. I recently aquired a phantom 3 pro that is in need of some work as the PO ripped the gimble off. So I know I am looking at a ribbon cable replacement but also broken is a ring that connects the cam to the gimble. I'm hoping that will be an easy fix.

My main question is the drone only came with drone, cam and controller. I assumed I could use a standard hobby charger to charge the battery and controller am I correct or us it a proprietary charger?

Thanks

First off, welcome to the forum! There is a charger that came in the box specifically for the P3. I believe it is in 2 parts, the charging "brick" and battery cable, and then the plug.

00000076590_variant_418_231.jpg

I did see the factory charger I was just wondering if I could use say a laptop power supply that is 17,4v and close to 100w? Or by using a pc power supply as i have access to many of these just don't know if there is an adaptor to use for the batteries... That being said it is probably more work and not as safe as using the factory or after market made for the phantom.

Thanks for the tips guys

Wrong assumption... proprietary intelligent battery on Phantom 3 requires proper charger:

You could get one of these:
Buy Phantom 3 - 100W Battery Charger | DJI Store

Or even better, one of these:
Amazon.com: Anbee 4-in-1 Parallel Multi-battery Balance Charger & Remote Controller Charger for DJI Phantom 3: Toys & Games
Actually, you should skip the Anbee right now because they don't answer their orders. I tried ordering one a couple weeks ago and after a week of waiting, never heard back and they didn't ship. Plus it's an Amazon Prime order, so I called them. So I ordered the other one Thursday and was guaranteed it would be be here by Friday by Amazon Customer Service but I haven't been to the Post Office because a friend moved this weekend and I can hardly move my aching bones tonight, lol. I'll go tomorrow and see if it's here and report back because it doesn't show it as being sent yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl