New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

I just updated my P3A and iPad Mini 2 and took a test flight. The video is awesome at the 2.7K setting being viewed on my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with about the same resolution display.

I am very happy that DJI increased the resolution on the Advanced model. The upgrade was easy. I can't wait to try the other features but figured I'd let other P3A owners know that it is well worth the upgrade.

Thanks again DJI team! I am happy with my P3A purchase.

I did a test flight of about 10 minutes flying circles around my house in poi mode. The 2.7 video looks amazing. I did notice a bit of jerkiness in my downlink video that wasn't there before. Ill need to fly more to see if its really an issue.

I did a test flight of about 10 minutes flying circles around my house in poi mode. The 2.7 video looks amazing. I did notice a bit of jerkiness in my downlink video that wasn't there before. Ill need to fly more to see if its really an issue.

Hi bracKopter, my downlink was totally smooth into my iPad Mini. I went pretty far out too and I had no signal loss either. Not sure what you use for a display but figured I'd let you know.

I just updated my P3A and iPad Mini 2 and took a test flight. The video is awesome at the 2.7K setting being viewed on my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with about the same resolution display.

I am very happy that DJI increased the resolution on the Advanced model. The upgrade was easy. I can't wait to try the other features but figured I'd let other P3A owners know that it is well worth the upgrade.

Thanks again DJI team! I am happy with my P3A purchase.

Did you calibrate the imu before flying?

Hi all,

Updated P3P to last FW and IOS app from iTunes.
Tested the POI, and it works like a charm !

Well done DJI !!!

Did you calibrate the imu before flying?
That is a great point for all to remember. After a FW update you should recalibrate the:
1. IMU
2. Gimbal
3. Gimbal Thumb wheel on the RC
4. RC
5. Compass (that should start an argument)

Hey Matt
Where did you see that. It makes sense since I am not seeing a link through the app but I don't recall seeing the statement that none is needed.
Thanks
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441637404.241307.jpg
its here on the DJI website

Reactions: Jbundy63
At the risk of starting a war, I would like someone to explain - with actual factual info - why an IMU calibration is "necessary" if the system tells you it isn't, and all of the sensor values are the same as they were before the firmware upgrade? I'm trying to pick a scab, but so often "conventional wisdom" is grounded more in custom than in fact.

While a bummer, the waypoint feature was actually pretty smart on their part.
1. It allows you to frame your shots
2. While I'm not sure if intentional, one can't claim "I didn't fly there it just automatically went there" no, you have to purposely preselect your spots on a first flight. Think of a prison drop...
That's true, in theory. But if you have a rather long mission, something that is going to push a battery, you don't have time to screw around at each point. And you cant modify a mission once its saved. So if you cant create an entire mission before the battery dies you area bit screwed.

I skipped a few pages so I'm not sure this was pointed out...

**** You do not lose the 32 channel hack after this update ****

qwLi7Y_wLbXI5vW9p9ZO88lsMbQ8NoO9I0JAjN1QkbdcX2EaGBRZ1rPKZE97BWufbjvPIK6v4wE8oLlaesv6i6Va9wCptX_kpR_oHokyASWH9G3QBN79YrVSLOYAfyWEj9kqObnJKjHCT185ZcUwyP-vd1335KkMKvn_FUbUJHtc_bIh8g3bK31f8YU2t7gdvK9aMYllEOXCaggtMfuAyGHFYChPYCkWvNIhMiWH4yrhjXzPGds-yaPdOZPQHXz-FOKQ2PgfCyNnYpZyTtaKcZuLHj9f9sr3NqYWKLjizLKKE2y4NRpwX7yAmimu-4hPiQOINTAZAC5HHzeOfymX_L50e4Yd-KuDWrz6sGmi3-kr-Lo8tf-lFvBRARBeVU5E0kgqXEfzj3Bj0fYc00Cf23KUsAseQXy5-K9uucNsLiyE6i_2oFFEuUrRM5zBrT4jRUxr6cLXWltwAT6dlew5f1eUJK0WTKT-aadi0S5ky62vKq8m4GQ7N8g_LPG-srtjlMTGo1WxuMI7xBwsX_p3c8ZAQOIRfZoUb8Lv9xI7=w2674-h1503-no

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka