New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

Upgraded iOS App to 2.2, upgraded AC with new firmware (took about 10mins with lots of beeps and startup sounds.) Restarted AC and switched the TX to F mode and Intelligent Navigation options appeared next to the "Safe to Fly" section in the iOS app.

I must say that DJI's procedure of updating FW is quite nerve wrecking. Going by some weird sounds rather than a blinking pattern is stupid.
I am at the point were mine was just making that grinding sound since it started. No distinct beeps or anything. Now I am afraid I might have to shut it off in the middle of whatever it is doing.
Not very intuitive.
They also were too lazy to update the How To that comes with the download. It's the same document that came with the last update.

Guys, to see the new features, switch to F mode.
No need to upgrade TX.
And yes, it takes a long time, and the quad reboots a few times, hence the boot sound during the upgrade

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Android Switched to F mode nothing on new features.

OK just finished update, successfully, took thirteen minutes, when it was finished the LED went solid green.

this was not like any update i've done before, lights on lights off, no D-D-D-D at all. The only thing that was the same was the LED went red/green while the update was in progress.

In all honesty, I can't say that I am very interested in your testes, but I am somewhat impressed that they can report on the tilted horizon issue.
Yeah, but I personally wouldn't have the balls to listen to them.

Tried updating batteries...didn't make any noises or take any time at all, do we know if the batteries need an update as well?

Okay for Bench Testers

To Access the New Features with Props off.

Enable Multi Flight Mode
With Props off start the bird...
Goto F Mode
Pretend you taking off and lift the bird up off the Bench as if it's flying.
The Additional Options window will pop up with a few questions.
Then a blue box will pop up and ask witch option you want to use...

Go from there
All options are only Active while you are in the air hovering.
Thats all I have for now..
So if your looking for the options on the bench this will just pull up the menu but not let you do much other than that.

I have to Re Calibrate everything then I am going to take it out.
But First another cup of Coffee. :)

EDIT: You can play takeoff in P mode then go to F mode as well to see the Option menu pop up.

And Sammy your a chicken! Buck Buck Buck! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: brianb87
Anyone played with the new firmware yet?

Any issues?

Also I'm on 1.1.9 and have not updated to 1.3.20 what would I need to update?

Thanks

Looks all straight forward, but remember you have to fly the route or fly above the POI to activate it.

Shame its now raining here ....:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

Anyone played with the new firmware yet?

Any issues?

Also I'm on 1.1.9 and have not updated to 1.3.20 what would I need to update?

Thanks

all looks cool.

selected 2.7k for video

checked all the settings (flight height had been turned down to standard 120m)

Yup. Navy options in F mode. Tried the POI. It works, looks nice. Lots more to try out. This seems to be a good update so far.

Reactions: Sammynels
Why ios app says it's compatible with the FW 1.4.30 and above? It doesn't exist.
The firmware is on the DJI site and the app v 2.2.0 is in the IOS AppStore - I have the whole lot installed, and it all seems to be working properly.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik