New Firmware Released for Phantom Vision

michaelpoland said:
dastagg said:
Update on Firmware Bricking my camera:
I called and called and finally got an answer to the phone after many tries. I talked to the guy on the phone and he was most responsive and had me turn everything back on again. I did so and lo and behold, it worked this time. After a hundred tries yesterday, rebooting by turning off all power on everything, resetting and binding the system and didn't work yesterday, it worked the first time I tried when I had the man on the phone. Talking about sucking eggs....... Anyway, he said that is not entirely abnormal and recommended to always start by starting the wifi extender first, starting the transmitter second, starting the aircraft third and last start the phone app. He also recommended to fully close the app each time when finished using the aircraft.

Not sure what made a difference in it working today, other than a good nights sleep but can say that I was able to reach support by phone after a lot of tries and the man was most helpful with support, which help ease my mind as I have the original phantom also and never had a problem in the past with it up until now with the Vision. Hope it continues to work and at least I know that it does or will work, so hopefully others can have same success as I was just about to give up and request a replacement from Amazon, but all appears ok and do know that they do have a level of customer support that can be reached, just don't give up on the calls.

Dear Dastag,
I will try 1000 times today again :) Did you asked the support about "camera factory reset" procedure?

No, sorry, wished I had now. Since it worked when during my call to him, I thought all was well, so didn't ask him about that. Sure do wish I had proceeded with more and I now have a new Phantom coming with overnight shipping from Amazon and is due here tomorrow. Still, I see another thread was started with multiple people have similar issues with firmware update. Makes me more fearful of updating my new one now and was since I thought I was a lone wolf from this thread, but now that another thread was started, it looks like there are quite a few more having bricks for a camera. Not sure how bad I want to update my firmware tomorrow now, although likely it will work great, but with more having issues, I may just wait to see if a fix is available before proceeding. You may want to go to the other thread for more info as this one is more of successes for the firmware.

I modified the .lcp file to "true" vs. "false" and saved into the folder specified. I have already been able to open a jpg file in Camera Raw, but the raw file that was recorded at the same time as the jpg shows up as a "PS" Adobe icon in Bridge CS6, but if I try to open in Camera Raw, it does nothing… Thoughts/suggestions?

Klaus said:
68gtconv said:
So where do we go from here, as much as I enjoy flying the P2V it is obviously never going to have exceptional image quality. The construction companies I work for are enjoying the construction progress photos I am generating with it I'm pretty sure the architects would never accept its output. So what's the next step if better images are desired. I don't know much about the RC hobby and I don't need to get a DSLR into the air but is there something out there that's set up for a better camera than a GoPro and gives us the type a camera interface like the P2V. I would really appreciate some guidance, Thanks.

Take a look at Sony RX100 II.

Drone Expert make a complet kit with Gimbal and everything, take a look here:
http://dronexpert.nl/product/dji-ph...e-shutter-integrated-hdmi-to-video-converter/

I'm in exactly the same boat as 68gtconv. I use a real helicopter for my aerials but need a cheaper solution for construction companies etc.

I have an RX100 and had a Vision (that went back). Now thinking P2 and would love this mount...but 825 euros??? WOW. That's a $1000 (give or take). We are now into the area of S800 or similar. These guys really are proud of their mounts (both this and the Vision one)

Is there any way to update the firmware with a Mac? all I get when I click on the zip file is a page that says file not found. I have access to Windows PC at work so I can do it there if not at home with mac. Last time I did firmware upgrades I still had a PC at home

It looks like they may have pulled version 1.19 - it's not accessible thru the link on the DJI website

Mosleyh said:
It looks like they may have pulled version 1.19 - it's not accessible thru the link on the DJI website

Well from all the stories of bricked cameras post update they might have finally realised it's costing them a fortune in returns.

Wonder whether it will ever make a return.

JUST received this response today.
DJI customer support said:
Hi Scott,

We will always be striving to improve the performance of the Phantom series. At this moment, the latest news on the firmware update to enable Ground Station capabilities in the Phantom 2 will be early February.

Best regards,
DJI U.S. Support

Best regards,

DJI US support
[email protected]

Pull_Up said:
So let's all just assume it'll be the end of March, then we can only be pleasantly surprised!

Hope it is early Feb, though... That's one update I want to play with just for the fun of playing with it, not because I have any actual use for it (that I can think of!)

I agree! Not getting my hopes up based on their optimism.

After I updated and camera went bad, it did work for a few minutes the next day and when it did work, the screen went very bright, and after taking a RAW Photo, it then went dark and never recovered and after turning everything off again, it never worked again.
Funny thing is that now that it is a week later, I get a response from DJI after sending in a service request by email.
Hi Dale,
We are working on a fix for this issue. One of our customer service representatives will be following up with you to help you with any updates.

Best regards,

DJI US support
[email protected]

Sounds like after over a week, they are all over this thing to help. Too bad I already returned it and got a replacement. Still want to discuss the eventual update that will not brick my camera again. Just don't want to chance another mishap as can't say for sure the reason mine went bad and if it was I didn't do it right, or some just got bricked....... Can say, if you want support, I got more from calling and calling until I got an answer but since mine worked while talking to their support, I never got a full resolution and don't sound like there was one other than returning it.

Over this past weekend, DJI had pulled and then re-posted v 1.1.9 camera firmware with some code change.

Has anyone applied the "latest" version of the v 1.1.9 camera firmware?

Any differences or new camera bricking issues?

danmiami said:
Over this past weekend, DJI had pulled and then re-posted v 1.1.9 camera firmware with some code change.

Has anyone applied the "latest" version of the v 1.1.9 camera firmware?

Any differences or new camera bricking issues?

I installed the first 1.1.9 version and I am actually considering installing the new version of the 1.1.9 release

Scottrod said:
I installed the first 1.1.9 version and I am actually considering installing the new version of the 1.1.9 release

In the same boat. Just trying to see if anyone has applied it yet and what the feedback is - already on my third P2V :-/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart