New Firmware Released for Phantom Vision

Firmware Updates on Jan.20
Overviews:
a) The DJI Vision has been updated and now can be downloaded. (iOS App: v1.0.32; Android App: v1.0.38)
b) The firmware of Phantom 2 Vision’s camera FC200 has been updated to v1.1.9. Please download it
through our website.
Major New Features:
Thank you for your patience! The latest camera firmware v1.1.9 now supports Adobe DNG RAW format
capturing. It also records the GPS location and relative attitude in the metadata of the Adobe DNG RAW
file. DJI will keep working hard on improving the quality of the RAW file and providing the best aerial
photography solution to our customers. Thank you for your constant support!

Bazinga!

Photoshop not opening.

Stand by one, updating Adobe.

Updated and nothing. Tried Adobe's stand alone converter, no bueno either.

How do you check the camera firmware version? I'm sure I updated it correctly but I'm guessing that maybe I did not.

I've just updated, but to make the update work I needed to rename the file firmware_v1.1.9.bin to firmware.bin

At the moment I have no time to test the "Adobe DNG RAW format"

Renaming did something, took about 10 seconds for camera to initialize and it changed the name of the file to firmware.bin.bak00 but still can't open the pics.

iResq said:
Renaming did something, took about 10 seconds for camera to initialize and it changed the name of the file to firmware.bin.bak00 but still can't open the pics.
Are the new raw pics saved as something.dng? And do you have the latest updates for Adobe Camera Raw installed?

I can confirm this works perfectly, after renaming the firmware to firmware.bin.

My camera produces a DNG file which opens in the latest Adobe Camera Raw.

Brilliant.

Yeah but can it open in MSPaint ?? I like to draw squiggly lines all over my pictures ?? heh heh kidding

That is good news .. thanks for the update

Did an indoor test and yes (bad picture / low light). Adobe is reading / showing the .dng with no problem now!
No clue how I can access the "GPS location, relative attitude" data.
(maybe it does not work indoor as I did not have a lock??)

Bïlly said:
I can confirm this works perfectly, after renaming the firmware to firmware.bin.

My camera produces a DNG file which opens in the latest Adobe Camera Raw.

Brilliant.

I can confirm it also like how you said with Adobe Camera Raw

14 mb :)

Noël said:
Did an indoor test and yes (bad picture / low light). Adobe is reading / showing the .dng with no problem now!
No clue how I can access the "GPS location, relative attitude" data.
(maybe it does not work indoor as I did not have a lock??)
Adobe Bridge has a very detailed metadata viewer. If it's present in the file's metadata, that will show you... but you're right - maybe it doesn't include values if you haven't actually got GPS when the image was taken?

Opens fine in Photoshop, wanted to upload both a saved TIFF and the JPEG, but not sure where to upload the tiff. Meta has the coordinates aswell! :)

• rename the v1.1.19.bin to just plain .bin and it updates fine.
• might be just mine but took 9 seconds to go back to camera view in the app after taking a RAW shot , marginal filesize increase though on card when compared to RAW shots i took immediately before the camera firmware update
• opens fine in Adobe Raw converter

doesn't bode well for the back catalogue of RAW files :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20