New Dji Go 4 app just released by DJI!

I don't believe DJI has the Pixel on their approved list for P4.

You are right, it's not the list, but neither is my shield tablet, but that works fine. As do a number of other "unlisted" devices. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect support for google's flagship phone. I did just talk to support and they said "there is no official plan to support google pixel". Wow...

You are right, it's not the list, but neither is my shield tablet, but that works fine. As do a number of other "unlisted" devices. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect support for google's flagship phone. I did just talk to support and they said "there is no official plan to support google pixel". Wow...
You're right, it's logical that all android devices run an Android app, regardless of vendor. There are thousands of apps out there that seem to run on any android platform (most the time), which amazes me. However we're dealing with DJI. They aren't as astute in the Android world as need to be, which may be why they are pushing people to one android device, their high bright device, to make things simple. Android manufacturers have much more freedom to do whatever they want, which results in wide variations between vendors in CPU architecture. On the contrary, Apple devices are locked down and do not vary on architecture as much, because there's one one vendor, and only a few architectures (A7, A8, A9). It's much easier for DJI to comply with Apple devices versus a dozen manufactures that make a hundred phones using a WIDE variety of CPU architectures. This is exactly why I chose to fly with iOS products, even though I prefer Android architectures. You couldn't give me a iPhone to use, it's just not as flexible or accommodating as my LG-G5. But when I fly, I use an iPad Air2. That may change if the CrystalSky 7.9" device proves optimal.

Reactions: RémyHeli
I will never give Apple any of my money, nor will I buy "legacy" android hardware to keep flying my P4 or other DJI products. I will simply go to another vendor who supports the devices of my choosing. DJI no longer enjoys the monopoly on decent prosumer drones on the market they once did. Android is now ~90% of all smartphones, if DJI can't see their way to support a significant percentage of them, they are painting themselves into a corner from which they won't be able to escape.

Reactions: JohnnyB
It was dji support that said not recommend. It did use it and it works fine but for some reason they say no. So I will just use the older one. I have had no issues with any apps working each has a nice feature or something I like so I just bounce round each flight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I completely disagree. Name one company that has a drone that competes with the P4, P4P, Mavic, and Inspire 2 in their respective class.

Hint: there isn't anyone even close.
Absolutely, right now nobody is even close for H/W capability or software capabilities to DJI. And I don't seen anyone catching up, not even in the hunt. With this last round of hardware releases (Mavic, P4P, Inspire2) everyone else is clearly left in the dust. DJI has 1" and 4/3 sensors, while everyone else is 1/2", no comparison. If you know me I'm not a fanboy, I'm pretty active at pointing out issues with DJI. However facts are facts, today DJI is clearly king of the hill, it's not even a contest IMHO. I see their market share growing even beyond 70% this Christmas. Yes, we all know DJI has warts, but as complex as these craft are, the DJI line, from top to bottom, they work pretty darn good. The DJI engineers seem to work night a day at fixing problems that their customers (their beta testers, LOL!) find and report.

For me focus is choosing craft and flying it. Device is complementary and I select one working best with, and put enough money as for the craft. Kinda using best tires for a car, driving being priority. There is enough possible issues with a flying computer, I don't want add extra problems or risks.
Many pilots here are using dedicated or alternate brand phone/tablet just for the drone. But I understand someone buying a flagship and finding not compatible.
You notice I have not mention any brand.

By the way we still need to know -WHY- P4 non pro is not recommended with 4.0.

Last edited:
Here is the WHY, finally, and nice detailled information from DJI Natalia.

Then the DJI official website Phantom 4 download page should be logically updated;

- app version not aligned as currently showing only GO 3.1 is supported for P4 (even DJI support person can be lost with this)
- add document with Natalia's information - actually a new dedicated section for GO app could be an idea, instead at the bottom of download page
- improve new release notes by systematically showing the list of all required last firmwares and softwares, battery included (list with last versions working together)
- be more explicit on bug fixes and improvements, there is nothing wrong saying what is fixed and customer appreciate transparency

Last edited:
And their official website which is not aligned, see P4 download page with no info about v4 currently.

05722e255ee011cdbc8437790fcb625e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Badgenes
Typically DJI... I've been with them since 2013 and this doesn't surprise me anymore :). This is DJI dark side...

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Badgenes
I have been running GO 4.0 (android) since it came out, I have not had the weather for any long distance test runs yet and it's getting cold here. My biggest concern with the new app is flying off the map and now when I take a snapshot my tablet screen frezzes for about 4 seconds then returns to normal. Evething else exept the main screen looks the same.

I don't see a lot of the features available on IOS on the Android app. From my android tablet i don't have Tripod mode or focus peaking available. I can see them on my wife's Ipad Pro, but not on my two Android devices. Can someone using the Android app confirm if they have them available? TIA

I don't see a lot of the features available on IOS on the Android app. From my android tablet i don't have Tripod mode or focus peaking available. I can see them on my wife's Ipad Pro, but not on my two Android devices. Can someone using the Android app confirm if they have them available? TIA
2X lossless zoom has been supported in iOS for over 6mo, and it still doesn't exist on Android. Seems very odd.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl