New Dji Go 4 app just released by DJI!

Just installed DJI Go 4 for iOS from the Apple App Store. Search for "DJI GO 4" to find it. Still evaluating it and only noticed subtle differences from the "3" version so far. Will have to wait until tomorrow to go flying with it. It DOES support the Phantom 4 !

I find connecting to Samsung Tab A 8" has been a lot better on version 4. Apart from that issue being fixed (it seems) it's all the same to me so far :)

Sent from my SM-T355Y using PhantomPilots mobile app

Most peoiple don't bother to read the RELEASE NOTES with each software rollout (upgrade). These are same people that don't read the EULA (End User License Agreement) on software before installation.

Now on to my review. I noticed my flight times have decreased by about 15-20% on the new DJI GO app. Instead of flying 20-25 mins before 30% warning, now it's more like 15-20 mins. What gives? Did they FUBAR reading the battery level firmware? Yes, batteries have firmware like in laptops and mobile phones.

I really dislike the dji go apps. I have a question when I first turn on my system and click on the dji go the app the video feed seems pretty good and fast . After I send it up and connects to the gps its completely lags to the point that I can't use it. Does any1 know why this is happening . I quickly turn it off and get on litchi and the problem is gone. I hate that app.

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Since GO4.0 the only condition is with my tablet (Samsung tab4) video is having some difficulty keeping up with the image, It didn't in previous GO's. Some slight stepping but no break ups'. The video in my headplays are smooth as usual so for me it's the tablet. I can see the need for a better tablet if dji keeps this up.

well I just installed the Dji Go 4 app on my k1.to be used on my p4
tomorrow I will try it out.

Just did a flight with the new go 4 app with phantom 4. No issues no break up in video map footage seemed to stay up with drone no lag. So far pleased with it. Used a iPad mini

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I have DJI GO 4 installed on my Samsung galaxy Tab S2 and Galaxy S6 edge... I can see the new interface but only till I connect the P4... when connected, the interface changes to the DJI GO 3 layout...

I tried to uninstall and manually delete files but doesn't change anything.

On my new iPhone 6s (never installed DJI GO 3 before) I installed DJI GO 4 and I get the new layout also when the P4 is 'online'...

Anyone experienced that??

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Since GO4.0 the only condition is with my tablet (Samsung tab4) video is having some difficulty keeping up with the image, It didn't in previous GO's.

Maybe related to video feed reduced latency improvement specific to this version so bit more resources demanding and device now reaching bottleneck.
You might want try disable live video feed recording if enabled to save some CPU. Probably not enough but an easy one to try.

Last edited:
Maybe related to video feed reduced latency improvement specific to this version so bit more resources demanding and device now reaching bottleneck.
You might want try disable live video feed recording if enabled to save some CPU. Probably not enough but an easy one to try.

Yesterday I disabled the video recording and that helped, but what stopped the stepping and some pixalation was to change from auto to manual channel and reduce to 4mbps transfer rate. All runs ok but my little tab4 is at it's max. So all you fellow pilots now know what I would like for xmas!:D

Yesterday I disabled the video recording and that helped, but what stopped the stepping and some pixalation was to change from auto to manual channel and reduce to 4mbps transfer rate. All runs ok but my little tab4 is at it's max. So all you fellow pilots now know what I would like for xmas!:D

Well done - Since a while I got under impression that auto channel looks more demanding than manual. Probably more polling work in auto mode. I wonder if polling speed could be autotuned in some extend depending phone/tablet performance. But anyway Phantom is nice flying computer and makes sense to use performing device for best experience.

Whatever Santa's added your name or not to the list of who's been good this year, I think you deserve brand new device for happy flights ;)

Reactions: Erised
Well done - Since a while I got under impression that auto channel looks more demanding than manual. Probably more polling work in auto mode. I wonder if polling speed could be autotuned in some extend depending phone/tablet performance. But anyway Phantom is nice flying computer and makes sense to use performing device for best experience.

Whatever Santa's added your name or not to the list of who's been good this year, I think you deserve brand new device for happy flights ;)

Another condition that I may have is that my RC says latest firmware but shows NA, The AC updated fine but my RC tried to update and it took forever so I just left it there for a long time. 30+ minutes later it was beeping but I never got a succesfull notice. It was 1.6 before now it's NA. The bird flys well and all seems ok. I tried the c1-c2-wheel to update and that did not work, some say not all remotes need updating, I probably have the third batch of P4 produced. I can leave the main screen on for many minutes and I never get a firmware required. I try every day to see if it will get a notice but no luck so far. Maybe I'm missing something.

Another condition that I may have is that my RC says latest firmware but shows NA, The AC updated fine but my RC tried to update and it took forever so I just left it there for a long time. 30+ minutes later it was beeping but I never got a succesfull notice. It was 1.6 before now it's NA. The bird flys well and all seems ok. I tried the c1-c2-wheel to update and that did not work, some say not all remotes need updating, I probably have the third batch of P4 produced. I can leave the main screen on for many minutes and I never get a firmware required. I try every day to see if it will get a notice but no luck so far. Maybe I'm missing something.
You maybe getting a NA because it is up to date and there is nothing to to update.

You maybe getting a NA because it is up to date and there is nothing to to update.
Could be, In the past in GO in the about portion I had the firmwares versions of the AC the RC and GO. NO more RC but the others are there.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj