New Dji Go 4 app just released by DJI!

Hi all,

If I start using GO v4 in my Phantom 4 (non-pro), will the new app recognize my previous flights/logs? Will it preserve/bring over my total flight time, total distance, total flights, etc?

Thanks!

I really dislike the dji go apps. I have a question when I first turn on my system and click on the dji go the app the video feed seems pretty good and fast . After I send it up and connects to the gps its completely lags to the point that I can't use it. Does any1 know why this is happening . I quickly turn it off and get on litchi and the problem is gone. I hate that app.

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app
I've had similar problems with Samsung Android devices. Even though I'm an Android fan, I fly only with iOS because of these past issues. It seems the Google play services in android systems use up CPU bandwidth, causing havoc with video decoding the device has to do. This decoding is no trivial matter, it's a lot of work, so other things running in the background may disrupt things. As for Litchi working OK on the same device, maybe Litchi has a trick up their sleeve to get priority over all other apps in the device (just a guess).

Do you have hardware decoding enabled in the GO app? If not, enable it and try again.

Hi all,

If I start using GO v4 in my Phantom 4 (non-pro), will the new app recognize my previous flights/logs? Will it preserve/bring over my total flight time, total distance, total flights, etc?

Thanks!
Yes It will, BUT My sync only showed total flights and distance and hours but the only actual flights you could replay where those I had done since 3.1. Make sure to copy from GO all your flight records from your tablet or you can transfer DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord. The new 4.0 app is another app in your tablet and mine did not re-sync all the flights. The new app will be DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord . Place the flight records in the new 4.0 and all of mine are shown and can be replayed now.

Yes It will, BUT My sync only showed total flights and distance and hours but the only actual flights you could replay where those I had done since 3.1. Make sure to copy from GO all your flight records from your tablet or you can transfer DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord. The new 4.0 app is another app in your tablet and mine did not re-sync all the flights. The new app will be DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord . Place the flight records in the new 4.0 and all of mine are shown and can be replayed now.
So if I copy all my 3.x flight logs to the v4 app then they will show up in v4, correct?

As for the video, couldn't I just copy all those videos from the folder of 3. x to the folder of v4? Would that work?

The flight records worked for me, the videos should work, I transfer all my videos to my laptop because they take up to much memory in my tablet. No risk in tying. If any thing would not work just remove them as they will not alter the app.

The flight records worked for me, the videos should work, I transfer all my videos to my laptop because they take up to much memory in my tablet. No risk in tying. If any thing would not work just remove them as they will not alter the app.
Cool. My iPad is 128 GB so I like to keep the last dozen or so videos on it.

I just got back from my first full flight using DJI Go 4. It was a Tap2Fly long distance run out to 17,740' with a total round trip of 35,980'. I was surprised I got out there with no interference since it doesn't have the 32 channel hack. I pretty much had full bars all the way there until the last second or two where I started having a dropout. By luck, RTH low battery warning started due to low battery(58%), and I continued to 57% before I pressed the RTH button to bring it on home.

Before the flight, I did an IMU and gimbal calibration. In flight, I saw it had a little horizon problem but I wasn't able to correct it in the app or the buttons. I could see movement but it never clicked over to where I believed it was level while using grid lines. I will try again on a less breezy/windy day.

Also, my flight records were all there from day one after synchronization.

When I get perfect conditions, I want to make some long distance runs with Go 4 to see how it compares with my other long distance runs of over 26k'.

I just got back from my first flight with Go 3.1.1, and it was a similar flight as my last post. I went out 20,226' on this run with connection problems around 17.5k'/18k', so I'm not seeing any differences between the two Go apps. I had lighter winds and a different battery on this run. I could have gone farther on the first run with Go 4, but I didn't know if I'd get back home safely due to the higher winds.

Before my flight, I did an IMU, gimbal and compass calibration but I still had a little horizon issue during the flight. It gave me the same problem trying to fix it with the app and the buttons, but this time, I leveled it out using the buttons after messing with it more.

Overall, I will use whichever Go I just happen to open at the time unless I spend a little more time finding something worth staying with one over the other.

I just tried a test run and used both go apps, litchi and AutoPilot all of them showed 12 satellites. The bird would glide a bit not locking on gps or something. I am in the correct mode P as normal for me. Any ideas or just not good sats 12 is not the normal 15-18 I get. The temp was about 37 degrees too cold? Thanks team for any feedback

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I talk with DJI support, they said the new app 4.0 is not recommended to use in P4
And the next natural question you would have asked was ... "Why?"

So why we can select and use P4 then?
'Why' is really needed I think. DJI person saying no without explanation is contradictory vs aircraft picture and name appearing as selectable aicraft.

Strange:
The first time i used 4.0 I noticed a case where P4 (non pro) was 1) not selectable as output fields only, or 2) not appearing as an available craft. Maybe something to do with startup sequence of RC, device and craft.
But once selected success the 4.0 does remember and under certain condition next time it does even bypass the initial screen and goes directly to camera screen. Sort of autologon feature.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be nice if DJI did a proper job of releasing something some like this, with a clear statement on why they did it, what feature changes it embodies, and which version you should use, depending on your situation?
As it is they seem to just push it out the door and let the user community figure it all out for ourselves.

Reactions: RémyHeli
I just received email reply as well stating the phantom 4 is not suitable for the dji go 4 app. Yet it has a selection for it on the app. Hmmmmm

Reactions: RémyHeli
I just received email reply as well stating the phantom 4 is not suitable for the dji go 4 app. Yet it has a selection for it on the app. Hmmmmm

Yes we can clearly see P4 (non pro) implementation in logon screen. Maybe some feature left which should not have been published - usage not recommended as per DJI advise.

I prefer to stick with v3.. which seems still supported and remove immediatly 4.0 from my device until further notice.

From whom was this email?

Both the original DJI GO and the new GO 4 app are hugely problematic on my new Google Pixel XL phone. I had the original DJI Go app on my previous galaxy S5 phone and everything worked flawlessly. I then migrated everything to my new Pixel phone, and the DJI Go app has horrible intermittent video connection, and crashes every couple minutes. I downloaded the new DJI Go 4 app thinking it might help but it won't even start! Just given me a "failed to start" crash error report.

Basically my P4 is un-useable with my Pixel. I really hope someone at DJI is aware of and working on the problem. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl