My Range has been reduced greatly.

Reaction score
i no longer can fly more than 600 feet away from my controller without getting a lost signal warning. i have been flying my phantom 3 standard for 4 months with no problems until one day i continued to get strong interference warnings during my entire flight. i was flying at a local beach that i have flown at many times before with no problems. i have a range extender and have flown over 5400 feet while using it. for some reason i cant go past 600-700 feet now :( even when i am in ideal flying conditions. I have the lastest updates installed.

please please pleas help

Take apart your controller and make sure the extender is still connected properly. If one of the connections came lose it could cause the problem you're describing.

I am in the same boat. Mine flew well for 4 months and then it suddenly, over night, lost signal at under 100m. If I try real hard now, with a windsurfer and after a few RTH's, I can maybe get to around 300m. I used to make 1000m with no problem...

You guy's should be thankful your even getting that, I'm lucky if I can even get much past 100m out.

Even with ARGtek the most I have got is 2000ft, and the least 500ft. All this with continuous interference warnings. I put it down to bring a built up area, and continue to be amazed at these flights running into miles away that some talk about.
I wonder now whether it's something specific to the hardware of the AC.

I don't think it is a hardware issue. As previously stated, I used to get 1000m in a rural area, stock standard. With a windsurfer in the same area I could reach 1350m. Over night my problems started, and i would lose control signal at anything between 50m and 100m, my video feed would still be perfect. Before this problem started my video would drop off first.

Firmware updates to the AC / RC sometimes can be the culprit. Do a search for further info.

Take apart your controller and make sure the extender is still connected properly. If one of the connections came lose it could cause the problem you're describing.

I have the basic signal booster that slides over the factory antenna

upload_2017-4-5_7-42-7.png

Here is a screenshot..i was over 5000 feet away no problem now i cant even fly anywhere near as far

One person said he didn't do a FW update.

How about the rest?

Firmware up dates has killed my P3S twice, (Remote signal loss, RTH activates).
Video and Telemetry have always worked fine.

Rod

Speed b**p

Rod

@yamisolja04

Why did you start a new post?
HOW CAN I DOWNGRADE MY FIRMWARE PLEEEASSEE HELP

I was waiting for you and maybe some others to answer the question on post #13
I thought you would comment on this on, if you just did a firmware or not. :rolleyes:

It wasn't clear what your said in your first post "I have the lastest updates installed"

I even did a bump. :eek:

Rod

@yamisolja04,

Since you have now stated,
"Hello,

if at all possible can someone please guide me in the right direction in reference to downgrading my firmware on my P3S. i installed the latest upgrade and now cant fly more than 600 feet from my takeoff location. all help is welcomed.
"

What firmware were you at and what made it fail?
Have you been able to downgrade, with the app or SD card method?

Rod

Like some others have said, I also lost range overnight and NOT right after any firmware or app updates. I have the Alfa panels installed and could go over 12,000ft before and now I can't go more than 600ft. The video is perfect, I just lose RC connection. I have since replaced the center 5.8ghz antenna with a new one and it did not solve the issue. I have also downgraded the AC from 1.8.1 to 1.5.7 and downgraded apps to previous version and still have the range issues. I have some cables coming today to replace the controller cables from china I got for the original mod. But I'm thinking this could perhaps be a hardware issue. Maybe something short circuited on the board? It seems many who are losing range also have range extenders of some kind, so I'm not sure if that's causing something to happen. Obviously I modded it so not under warranty. Guess I'll be selling for parts if these cables can't fix it today since no one seems to be able to figure out why this is happening :(

Thanks,
Not familiar with names of mods, did you modify the Phantom itself, some send the Phantom in only, or they buy another remote to send in?

I'm still curious time frame between firmware and failure.
week?
day?
weekday?
week x 2. :)

Rod

I have modded both the remote and aircraft, so sadly no sending anything in for me. I'm also curious of time frame. Seems like I upgraded firmware when I first bought it 2 months ago. Then it just went to 10% range of what it was suddenly a few weeks later. Just read post #20 from Losing Signal At Close Range Randomly?. My 2.4ghz connector is very close to metal next to it inside controller. Gonna go try to make sure they don't touch and see what happens. Maybe this is the solution.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl