MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

I did another couple flights at a farmers field today. I am disappointed in the results. I really dont like the drop outs I am experiencing with this setup at all. Normally when I lose signal, it comes back once it is back in range. Not today... I thought I would be looking for a downed drone, but it came back as it suppose to but the link was sporadic at best. I was even disconnecting with the drone on top of me descending in auto land.

I am unable to get anything close to the stock setup. :(

Here is a flight from today with my GL300A Remote with the itelite antenna, look at the errors in the notifications:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Here is a regular flight with my GL300B completely stock:

As for the install; I have done it as per the video..
PM me your order number. Let's see if we can do some troubleshooting.

I did another couple flights at a farmers field today. I am disappointed in the results. I really dont like the drop outs I am experiencing with this setup at all. Normally when I lose signal, it comes back once it is back in range. Not today... I thought I would be looking for a downed drone, but it came back as it suppose to but the link was sporadic at best. I was even disconnecting with the drone on top of me descending in auto land.

I am unable to get anything close to the stock setup. :(

Here is a flight from today with my GL300A Remote with the itelite antenna, look at the errors in the notifications:

Here is a regular flight with my GL300B completely stock:

As for the install; I have done it as per the video..

I understand that you followed the video but that doesn't mean it's correct. You could have a loose internal wore that's causing your issues?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I understand that you followed the video but that doesn't mean it's correct. You could have a loose internal wore that's causing your issues?

I wish it was loose. I disassembled the radio tonight and the connections were solid.

I wish it was loose. I disassembled the radio tonight and the connections were solid.

You check if the pins inside the connecters weren't bent over . Not just inside your TX but the cables outside as well .
I have had that issue before and liked to never found it .

Reactions: dirtybum
Did you make sure that the cable ends outside of the controller were correct? The radio has a male pin and the panel has a female jack.

Reactions: dirtybum
You check if the pins inside the connecters weren't bent over . Not just inside your TX but the cables outside as well .
I have had that issue before and liked to never found it .
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion! I took the antenna off and all the pins are straight and perfect.

Reactions: dirkclod
Did you make sure that the cable ends outside of the controller were correct? The radio has a male pin and the panel has a female jack.
Hi,
Yes the cables are the correct ones. rp-sma on the radio.

Thanks

Just want to give a quick shout out to Jake at Maxx UAV for the kick *** customer service!
I feel for him because there are so many environmental variables that can affect everyone's results.
But I had an issue and he went above and beyond the call of duty for me, I am definitely glad I purchased from him.

Just want to give a quick shout out to Jake at Maxx UAV for the kick *** customer service!
I feel for him because there are so many environmental variables that can affect everyone's results.
But I had an issue and he went above and beyond the call of duty for me, I am definitely glad I purchased from him.
Oh make no mistake...Even if I am unable to figure this out, the last thing I would do is crap on Jake or his products.

Jake's customer service is second to none. If I can't get any satisfaction from this setup, I'll just part it out and move on.

This is mostly an experiment for me. I wanted this setup for when I travel back home, a place that has a lot of forestry.

I maybe disappointed in the results, but I'm no where close to being fed up with my Phantom or feel that I MUST have a modified remote to use my rig to its fullest potential.

I just wanted it because it's awesome and I thought it would be far superior to stock (which it is to most people). I however am not interested in losing distance, that's just not the direction I want to go.

Hey guys, attached is an illustration regarding physical interference. If you're flying in the red zone, no antenna is going to help you penetrate that house like you want it to. I'm not saying you won't get signal just past the house, but it will limit your range beyond that. Even our boosted kit won't help much. Trees are a little more forgiving, but they still block a significant amount of signal. The trick is to decrease that angle by moving further away from the physical object. My wife is putting together some other illustrations to help get the best out of the antenna. More will be posted here and on my website either this evening or tomorrow.

Attachments

• Remote signal Illustration.png
    Remote signal Illustration.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 375
Jake, question on the holder. If I click on the favor option can I still use the dubs ant. ?

Hey Jake, have you heard or do you know what is the best hard case ,with wheels preferably, that will house the P4 Tx with your antenna upgrade that I got from you without taking it off? Love it if it would fit in overhead when flying too. But I'm seeing a lot of them that are 24 in. which is 2in over I think. Thx man.

Hey Jake, have you heard or do you know what is the best hard case ,with wheels preferably, that will house the P4 Tx with your antenna upgrade that I got from you without taking it off? Love it if it would fit in overhead when flying too. But I'm seeing a lot of them that are 24 in. which is 2in over I think. Thx man.
I have not come across one yet. When I get some time, I'll look at all the different options. I still have not heard back from GoProfessional.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Flew a couple more times to troubleshoot and it seems like all is fine as long as I fly at the height limit.

I added a couple of those cheap black amps and flew till my battery told me to come back. I did this at 1640 feet altitude.

Guess the trick is to fly high, very high.

I noticed in my testing that if I want to fly at 400 feet, that I would be better off flying with my stock radio because it goes further than the modded radio even with the amps.

Modded radio looks cool though haha

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart