MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

Are you flying beyond houses? And when I say that, if you attached a string from your transmitter to the drone, would that string touch anything? Physical objects will kill any antenna signal.

Yeah I'm flying beyond houses, 400feet high but yeah, in a neighbourhood.
42344e145ee4358f399d4e766f8d599d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's hard to say what you should be getting as everyone's experience is different. Can you take it out to the field where you got your max distance and try it out there? Your battery should have no problem going from 21,000 to 25,000 feet. Keep the speed between 30-32 mph and climb & descend slowly.

42344e145ee4358f399d4e766f8d599d.jpg

You have to imagine that your controller is shooting a laser out at the bird. If you keep it parallel to the ground, with no obstructions you get best results.

Imagine if you had a laser pointer and you were trying to point at something on the other side of a house or tree.... It would be very difficult right? There are not just "fly anywhere" and "go wherever" things... Antennas just like all antennas have to be situated to the target, in this case the Drone.

I would say 18,000' is good for any unboosted setup. You need to keep People, Houses etc. out from between you and the bird.

I've lost signal on a long flight when two people walked between me and the bird, albeit momentary, it blocks the signal or weakens it!

Reactions: KevMo Photog
It's hard to say what you should be getting as everyone's experience is different. Can you take it out to the field where you got your max distance and try it out there? Your battery should have no problem going from 21,000 to 25,000 feet. Keep the speed between 30-32 mph and climb & descend slowly.

I agree... Also be mindful always of WIND! I usually fly into the wind on the way out, that way I have the tailwind to push the bird back. I flew the other day in good wind, went out three miles, and turned around.... On the way back I barely had to push the stick, it was going 30mph while the motors just keep it in the air!

I agree... Also be mindful always of WIND! I usually fly into the wind on the way out, that way I have the tailwind to push the bird back. I flew the other day in good wind, went out three miles, and turned around.... On the way back I barely had to push the stick, it was going 30mph while the motors just keep it in the air!

Very good point! I should have mentioned that as well. You should not have to press the stick all the way forward to get to that speed. If you do, then you have wind resistance and it's not a good idea for a lot range flight.

Hey Jake have you heard anymore about the cases/backpacks? I am flying to Quebec in June and I need a carryon for my p4, remote with ltelite attached, Shield tablet and 4 batteries.

Hey Jake have you heard anymore about the cases/backpacks? I am flying to Quebec in June and I need a carryon for my p4, remote with ltelite attached, Shield tablet and 4 batteries.
Unfortunately not. I heard GoProfessional is at a trade show which may be the reason I have not heard back from them.

1. Here are some antennas that are similar to stock that are compatible with the SMA connectors: 7″ Inch 7dbi Gray Antenna (pair)
I may get a pair to have on hand just in case. For that price it's worth having them around.

3. Yes, you'll be able to use the amplifiers with the MaxxRange, which will make a killer setup. It will give you the best chance at penetrating through trees and through wifi interference.
I'm really considering adding AMPS to my standard set up for this reason alone. Better TREE penetration.

With the ItElite MaxxRange Antenna [ITE-DBS-MR01.2W], do you still order the same 'DJI Clean Install Kit' (that you would have previously ordered for the DJI Range Booster ITE-DBS02 before the ITE-DBS-MR01.2W was released) if you want to reuse the stock antenna holes?

I didn't know if it would require different length cables for the different antenna?

I've been real happy with my ProCraft backpack case Altaman. I just got back from Vegas NAB Show with it. No problems at all fitting it in the overhead compartment. If you were on a smaller jet you might have a problem fitting it in. And that would suck if you had to have them check it because they might throw it around if you know what I mean. But anyway, I'm really happy as far as the quality of the pack for 120 bucks! And it has perfect amount of room for my antenna upgrade that I just got from Jake last week! Plus 4 batteries, Ipad Air 2 and charger ect.

With the ItElite MaxxRange Antenna [ITE-DBS-MR01.2W], do you still order the same 'DJI Clean Install Kit' (that you would have previously ordered for the DJI Range Booster ITE-DBS02 before the ITE-DBS-MR01.2W was released) if you want to reuse the stock antenna holes?

I didn't know if it would require different length cables for the different antenna?
No, in this case, you would just need the internal cables: DJI Custom Cables - RG178 RP-SMA to MMCX (6.5")

I did another couple flights at a farmers field today. I am disappointed in the results. I really dont like the drop outs I am experiencing with this setup at all. Normally when I lose signal, it comes back once it is back in range. Not today... I thought I would be looking for a downed drone, but it came back as it suppose to but the link was sporadic at best. I was even disconnecting with the drone on top of me descending in auto land.

I am unable to get anything close to the stock setup. :(

Here is a flight from today with my GL300A Remote with the itelite antenna, look at the errors in the notifications:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Here is a regular flight with my GL300B completely stock:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

As for the install; I have done it as per the video..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart