MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

What are the advantages or differences between both setups, please?
My personal results:

Just the ItElite antenna, about 9,000 feet. With the ItElite plus amplifiers I was able to hey just over 18,000 feet.

that said. Is it $349 plus $99 for install, less CODE Lucky 7? Or is install included in the $349? Sorry for all these questions.

that said. Is it $349 plus $99 for install, less CODE Lucky 7? Or is install included in the $349? Sorry for all these questions.
Install is not included in the $349. So total for amp kit plus install minus discount would be about $417

And no worries! Happy to help :)

Thanks again.Is the amplified version much heavier and spacious? Any suggestions for a case that would fit this modded options?

It is heavier, yes, and I don't know if anyone has successfully put it in a case or not, but it's easily removes me. Just two wing nuts.

Jake - CEO Maxx UAV

Could I conservatively upgrade to the non amplified version and eventually upgrade?
Yep! That's actually what I recommend. See how the range is with just the ItElite and then if you need more, then go with the amp kit.

Sounds great! that said. Any chance I can get a specific quote on the itElite plus whatever I need, less discount, plus shipping, if any? Thank you! I am quite excited about this!!

Sounds great! that said. Any chance I can get a specific quote on the itElite plus whatever I need, less discount, plus shipping, if any? Thank you! I am quite excited about this!!
If you're in the US, it's free shipping. For international it's about $20.

The antenna is $109. Although not necessary, the clean install kit should be available by the end of next week but the price has not been determined yet. I want to make sure it's what I'm looking for before i put pricing together.

Cool! Thanks. I'm convinced and ready to buy your product. Thank you for patiently answering all my questions. Would it be possible for you to email me when your clean install kit is available?

Cool! Thanks. I'm convinced and ready to buy your product. Thank you for patiently answering all my questions. Would it be possible for you to email me when your clean install kit is available?
Yep, I will add you to the notify list!

Brings up an interesting question....a video I saw of an install they cut the antennA and left the 5.8ghz connected inside the rc. Does the Itelite work for both the 2.4 and 5.8 signals?
That's the inspire rc install video. The inspire controller uses a 5.8 to communicate with a slave controller for dual operators. The phantom is only the 2.4 ghz .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My personal results:

Just the ItElite antenna, about 9,000 feet. With the ItElite plus amplifiers I was able to hey just over 18,000 feet.
Doug,
I can help. I'm in Vaughan. I have some stuff coming from Jake this week for my remote. Jake has done me a solid so I'll help you out no charge.

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think this is the best online community I've ever been part of, also Jake is a stand up guy who also done me a favour, I would reccomend him and and his shop Maxxuav to anyone.

John, all I have right now is this photo. A customer of mine is doing the mod today and is going to send me a complete picture.

View attachment 48786
I have a stupid question. Right now I can fly my P3A out so far I can't see it. I run out so far I worry about having enough battery to get back. What is the advantage of flying 3 times that distance? Just saying.

I have a stupid question. Right now I can fly my P3A out so far I can't see it. I run out so far I worry about having enough battery to get back. What is the advantage of flying 3 times that distance? Just saying.
Everyone's flight conditions are different. If there's a lot of interference, some may only get 2000 feet. 2000ft X 3 = 6000 feet. If you're running out of battery before signal, you've got a great place to fly!

Seems like the blue cables are mostly used pre amp.
No not true... They are used in the stock antenna holes so the included DBS wires don't bend....

See this pic... The old wires look like this...
8fb503c9207105954b0486387127452f.jpg

864caa7cfc799db69389dd7c031940c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Jake i prefer a clean install so could you tell me if you could sell me these blue cables please?:)
And what are the plugs and lengths of these cables so i can maybe search for them myself?

Everyone's flight conditions are different. If there's a lot of interference, some may only get 2000 feet.

Absolutely! In my opinion, some people can't seem to realize that the surrounding environment makes a HUGE difference on whether you'll get a few miles or a few hundred or thousand feet.

In my area, I have wifi congestion, power lines, trees, and two-story houses. I could fly and face one direction and get 2000ft until I start to drop a bar or two of video signal....then rotate myself a few degrees (while keeping the bird in line with my controller) and get over 4000ft. And when I fly in an area with not much interference, I can go over 6000ft (only turned around because I was too nervous to go farther).

The above performance is with DBS and FPVLR antennas, both with and without amps. The DBS performed better and went a little farther than the FPVLR setup...but all-in-all, am still very happy with both systems.

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart