Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

I think the one plus with the new gold ones is that you can use a high mah usb powerbank connection ,instead of those junk blue batteries .Do any of the cheaper amps let you use that type of battery ? Any good recommendations?
Is it possible that there could be a scenario where the booster will give you enough of a connection that prevents the RTH from kicking in ,but its too weak to really control ?

No if you cant control it the light on the controller will turn red and rth will kick in

I think the one plus with the new gold ones is that you can use a high mah usb powerbank connection ,instead of those junk blue batteries .Do any of the cheaper amps let you use that type of battery ? Any good recommendations?
Is it possible that there could be a scenario where the booster will give you enough of a connection that prevents the RTH from kicking in ,but its too weak to really control ?

I don't have any problems with the blue 12v batteries; I have 2 of them. I've thought about rigging up a voltage regulator to one of the many 14.8v packs I have laying around which should give me more flexibility to use more batteries. Yeah it will bulk up the rig a little to have a 4S lipo and a tiny regulator but that is an option to not be tied to proprietary batteries.

The 5v usb powerbanks can last much longer .Probably 2 to 3 times . And then you just plug into a regular micro usb to recharge .

Reactions: B_Squared
So you can't use the power bank with the cheaper amps, and also can you run two amps off the one power bank I've been looking at these but there is not much info on horizon fpv

Yes. You can run 2 off 1 power bank. Just make sure that both ports can output 2.1amps at the same time. It usually will say output is 4.8 amps. Many of the power banks only output 2 amps on one port or either port but not at the same time. They will say output 3 amps or something less than 4.8

Reactions: seb evans
The 13,400 mah power bank is 35 dollars on Amazon. How much is the 4800 mah blue battery ?

So you get almost 3 times the capacity for the same price. But you need a booster that can take 5 volts.

The small panel and the big panel have some thing in common.... In bit cases I run out of battery before signal.

Who has the battery mods?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any news on the home made panels ,or the China junk?? Im thinking China junk my work with a fine tune job.
I cant help it I like to take things apart and see how they work.
I got new P3P, as you all know I crashed my other one. Well I had the old P3P moded and I miss the video range I got out of it. The new P3P loses video at 3,000ft. My old one did to before I did bird side mod. I live in a area with a lot of interference. Just don't want to void my warranty.
So with the Max range will I get good video range too.? Or the Terminator ?? I just don't know if it will work for me in this area. I guess I can toss a coin.

Any news on the home made panels ,or the China junk?? Im thinking China junk my work with a fine tune job.
I got new P3P, as you all know I crashed my other one. Well I had the old P3P moded and I miss the video range I got out of it. The new P3P loses video at 3,000ft. My old one did to before I did bird side mod. I live in a area with a lot of interference. Just don't want to void my warranty.
So with the Max range will I get good video range too.? Or the Terminator ?? I just don't know if it will work for me in this area. I guess I can toss a coin.
I have a early busy week ahead so don't think I'm gonna be able to fly my home made until the weekend, but on the plus side I've sorted out my cables and I've connected the the phantom all seems fine so far :cool:

Yeah seb, the terminator/ maxxrange have being tested in some pretty urban areas, they do pretty well even with houses blocking you

I haven't opened up my P3s yet but I'm wondering if the amp/transmitter on the bird is removable? Could you swap an old vintage P3 bird side transmitter to a new one?

What you need lightspeedz?

Why can't they make a non intrusive battery mod like we had for the P3? You know the battery mod deal? Is there something that's preventing us from have that with two saddled batteries?

I want a battery Mod for my P4

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl