Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

SK what was the farthest you had gone un mod in your P3p? I know weather condition are a factor. With My P3a, easy 8 or 9000ft
12,000 feet in the same beack over the ocean . It was a little different direction but the same start point over water .

I used the clean install kit . I assume those are good cables . If a cable was loose it probably wouldnt go 7000 feet ,. What else can I check on the cables ?

All you got to do w/ these panels is point in the right direction so it should work well! Which setup do you mean Beau
Oh, I was talking about the youtube video I added in my last post. I believe that is Will from Horizon. Check out his setup, he has long RP-SMA going from the tripod to his controller.

Oh, I was talking about the youtube video I added in my last post. I believe that is Will from Horizon. Check out his setup, he has long RP-SMA going from the tripod to his controller.
I did like the leads that guy had. gives you some movement but keeps the antenna on track.

I have the clean install kit . What can I check on the cables ? They are onviously connected . I dont see anything loose .

I have the clean install kit . What can I check on the cables ? They are onviously connected . I dont see anything loose .
Recheck the plugs that connect to the circuit board. they can be finicky some times and work them selfs off. did you use any type of glue to hold the new cable ends in place.

I would try it again an watch the direction as Db said make sure your pointing correctly. That bring up and other question you just holding it or chest rig or tripod?

I hold it with a shouldet harness the dji 10 dollar straps. Ill try again but it should have worked over the ocean. No trees or buildings. Unless some of those boats that i approachef had some interference.

If you overtightened the connection at the RC then the cable inside the RC could have spun/twisted. Tighten then snug but dont over tighten because it will twist the cable inside the controller and damage/disconnect.

I obviously couldnt see the drone and I was trying to fly towards some boats in the ocean so I guess I kept adjusting so yes its possible I wasnt pointing perfectly straight at times . You can see with the Terminator a grren signal and then suddenlt RTH with no chance to fix ,while the TP links are wek signal but allowed me to adjust and climb .
I would think most people dont fly in exact straight lines unless they are trying to create distance records ,so in real life if the Terminator is so unforgiving its going to conk out in that second when you are not pointing straight at it

You're right the Terminator and Maxx are not "super" directional but there's no way of seeing which way you were aiming in the logs. Also theoretically, the farther out you fly, the wider your signal beam is so I don't suspect that is the issue. I'd be looking at your cables/connections.

You're right the Terminator and Maxx are not "super" directional but there's no way of seeing which way you were aiming in the logs. Also theoretically, the farther out you fly, the wider your signal beam is so I don't suspect that is the issue. I'd be looking at your cables/connections.
I agree

Reactions: dirtybum
At that range you should have a very large window.

I just opened the Rc up . All the connections look good . The water was rougher today but I was 130 feet above the ocean . How could that be an issue ? 12,000 fet last week stock ? and 7000 today ? I guess the only way to really test is to get another stock RC and fly both back to back .

Reconnected the connection inside the RC? Made sure you didn't pinch a wire when putting it back together? Wires should be laid out with smooth bends, no sharp corners or kinks.

If the aim on the Terminator is so unforgiving ,them Im not sure how practical it is for most people who are not just flying for distance , but fly around to video sites ,especially in urban areas

Reconnected the connection inside the RC? Made sure you didn't pinch a wire when putting it back together? Wires should be laid out with smooth bends, no sharp corners or kinks.

No kinks and everything is tight

If the aim on the Terminator is so unforgiving ,them Im not sure how practical it is for most people who are not just flying for distance , but fly around to video sites ,especially in urban areas
The aim is not unforgiving on the terminator or the maxxpanel! The aim was not forgiving on the original smaller DBS panel! Something else is going on and yes over water even with a lot of boats, you should be able to do way better than that. If you don't think it's your equipment and you've checked and double checked it and change the cables just to be sure then I'm sure Horizon would gladly exchange new panels! Because I'm telling you something is going on with your situation these panels are better than that

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews