Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Here ya go....
59cfac2ea4644ec67429fdc51210c1d7.jpg
74620e68f10c5d90a0afc446485df794.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's the one I was looking for lol thanks MasterBlaster so two patches then.

I noticed that the smaller Itelite panel used metal for a back-plate and the Maxxrange uses plastic. Does the back plate material matter much?

I noticed that the smaller Itelite panel used metal for a back-plate and the Maxxrange uses plastic. Does the back plate material matter much?
Got to be conducting but there is a few materials you could use

The maxxrange plate/reflector is metal

Reactions: seb evans
So the original itelite uses vertical polarity? And maxrange looks like cross polarity..am i wrong?

So the original itelite uses vertical polarity? And maxrange looks like cross polarity..am i wrong?
As far as I've learnt so far both vertical, but what makes you think that, am I missing something?
Cross polarity usually used to stop interference so wouldn't be to good unless we changed birdside aswell or am I wrong?

Another pic that shows a slight angle -
4dfdbbc4ea8488e482c5060f74292051.jpg

That could be improved, maybe bit of foam.
As long as their is abit of play in it or you would have to resit the sma joint

Just the Terminator has been tuned apparently.

from what I read in a post a few years ago from dbs was that what worked best for the 2.4 side was 45 degree diagonal cross/X-polarity. Thats why the angle in the spacing

As far as I've learnt so far both vertical, but what makes you think that, am I missing something?
Cross polarity usually used to stop interference so wouldn't be to good unless we changed birdside aswell or am I wrong?
No i was wrong

If you Google patch, micro-strip, or planar antennas you can learn a lot about various configurations.

Most of the speculation here is not supported by the science.

Ok i know all the terminator and maxx range owners have tested in a variety of areas..how do you think they will do here..this is my backyard....about 2miles of this..then a 400ft clearing for a road then 10 more miles of this..very dense

Attachments

• 1463592827968.jpg
    1463592827968.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 1463592845177.jpg
    1463592845177.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 1463592862951.jpg
    1463592862951.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 295
Another pic that shows a slight angle -
4dfdbbc4ea8488e482c5060f74292051.jpg

Just the Terminator has been tuned apparently.
I should've took a picture of it to share, but like I said on my max range when I first opened it up to different corners had popped up from the sticky tape and that wasn't done by removing the back plate that was just riding around like that already. And was probably popped up on that last 9 mile flight. So while I think it's important to have the space and correct I don't think it's necessary to go in and hot glue them down because they can have a little bit of play apparently

You will be surprised how well the Maxx cuts through trees. I have a similar view and I sat in a chair and flew almost a mile out the other night. I did fly towards an open area though similar to the one in your 2nd and 3rd pic. It's the houses that kill me. Once it's below the neighbors roofline, out a mile, I lose signal pretty quick. With stock antennas I was lucky to get 1500 ft with all the trees. I'm going to an open area tonight to test the Maxx. I'm a little excited to say the least :)

Reactions: dirtybum
You will be surprised how well the Maxx cuts through trees. I have a similar view and I sat in a chair and flew almost a mile out the other night. I did fly towards an open area though similar to the one in your 2nd and 3rd pic. It's the houses that kill me. Once it's below the neighbors roofline, out a mile, I lose signal pretty quick. With stock antennas I was lucky to get 1500 ft with all the trees. I'm going to an open area tonight to test the Maxx. I'm a little excited to say the least :)

Nice! I have no houses behind me for a couple miles so that will probably a lot also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72