Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Can you advise as to the portability of both the Maxx Range and Terminator . I see you guys are using tables or tripods ,. Im planning on holding it in my hand . Will that be a problem for either one ?
The terminator is light enough to carry and use in your hands although I'd recommend at least a lanyard. The terminator weighs almost twice as much as the maxx, and for its size the maxx doesn't weigh anything

In a sense you can, I bet somebody would buy your panel on the classifieds for 50 bucks and you can buy the panel only version of the maxx for 79

I got mine today.... You all need to remember... This maxx range DBS panel is HUGE! Bigger than the normal panel is an understatement! It's four times the size!

I'm keeping my small one for travel. The MAXXDBS is too big to fit in my case! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are we sure we want to call this new ITELITE a DBS? DBSMods is just the username of a guy that sold the original ITELITE which is made in Poland. DBSMods does not sell the Maxx, apparently has no plan to sell the Maxx, and apparently has no connection to the Maxx.

Are we sure we want to call this new ITELITE a DBS? DBSMods is just the username of a guy that sold the original ITELITE which is made in Poland. DBSMods does not sell the Maxx, apparently has no plan to sell the Maxx, and apparently has no connection to the Maxx.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463139945.097996.jpg

I think it would be safe to call them both

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Does the Termminator install the same way as the Maxx Range ? If i get the maxxuav clean install kit can I install either one the same way? Does the Terminator clip on and off as easy as tge Maxx Range ? Can i use the Maxxuav booster kit with the terminator just like the Maxxrange?

Does the Termminator install the same way as the Maxx Range ? If i get the maxxuav clean install kit can I install either one the same way? Does the Terminator clip on and off as easy as tge Maxx Range ? Can i use the Maxxuav booster kit with the terminator just like the Maxxrange?
Yes, all of that stuff is interchangeable. The terminator has the same stainless steel quick clip that we love about the DBS and the maxx, only difference being that the quick clip on the terminator is riveted on so you can't remove it with two little wing nuts like you're used to seeing on the DBS panels
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463148110.180356.jpg

So bottom line the only drawback to the Terminator is the extra pound of weight more than
the Maxx ,otherwise its just as portable. It obviously wont fit into my case so ill have to transport it separately ,either by unclipping it or just transporting the entire RC outdside the case .

Yes, all of that stuff is interchangeable. The terminator has the same stainless steel quick clip that we love about the DBS and the maxx, only difference being that the quick clip on the terminator is riveted on so you can't remove it with two little wing nuts like you're used to seeing on the DBS panels
View attachment 53552
Updated mount on the Terminator, it is now removable.
2016-05-13-09-45-27.939.jpg

2016-05-13-09-45-39.820.jpg

What's up man just looking at your testing pretty comprehensive stuff. I don't have a terminator yet maybe buy one next week. Looks like it's a little stronger of an antenna huh?

I thought with that 19+ mile flight with the terminator boosted and some of those penetration tests unboosted, that the boosted terminator was bulletproof! I just flew a flight path over houses and buildings and right through a major downtown area, and even on the way out it wasn't going as solid as I would've liked to seen although it was manageable. On the way back I dropped signal so many times, which reduced my speed to 20 miles an hour several times, that I had to fall short of home point on what would've been a slamdunk flight! I've flown the same flight path before with boosted V2 and had less problems! I'm not ready to blame it on the terminator yet or the environment, I'm wondering if I don't have a bad cable. The log is broken to five logs this is the first onehttp://healthydrones.com/main?share=mEYVVn

Last edited:
The reason I'm wondering if it's a cable is that I flew the terminator boosted last night on the P3S in a good flight path, in clear weather and had quite a few signal issues for the Wi-Fi. Especially considering that I've ran this terminator on that aircraft unboosted and had better signal. When I hook these cables that came up with the terminator up to the P3S remote unboosted it's kind of a stretch and even though it visually doesn't look kinked I know I was putting a lot of stress on it. So I'm going to have to test it with a different cable and see if that might be my problem!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463155655.771202.jpg

Will checking the resistance with the possible bad cable and a different good one work?..ive done that with plug wires to check for a bad wire...didnt know if the same type of test will work on these

Waiting for your test with a new cable . I was about to order the Terminator instead of the Maxx becuse of your previous tests , even though it weighs more . Are the cables supplied with the Terminator different or smaller than the cables supplied with the Maxx ?

Waiting for your test with a new cable . I was about to order the Terminator instead of the Maxx becuse of your previous tests , even though it weighs more . Are the cables supplied with the Terminator different or smaller than the cables supplied with the Maxx ?
Sk, you shouldn't delay your order just because of that test, this terminators already proved itself on many flights in many different environments/variables and has proven to be one of the best antennas I've ever tested out of so very many! The cables that come with the terminator are actually high-quality cables very similar to the RG 58's (which is my preferred choice of cable )in fact might even be. The ends on the terminators cables are different than that on the max. So I may have to order some new cables. But that's just a theory based on some previous amazing flights with that panel and then the last two on two different aircraft weren't so great. So naturally the first thing to do is start checking equipment. You'll be amazed with either one of these two panels you buy,and all my side-by-side comparison up till now has had me flying the terminator panel more

Will checking the resistance with the possible bad cable and a different good one work?..ive done that with plug wires to check for a bad wire...didnt know if the same type of test will work on these
I don't know what the best way to test those would be I know immersion makes a little RF frequency tester for like 100 bucks but I don't own one, I suppose you could use that to test good cables and then check it on what you think is the bad cables
Maybe Tom Parker can chime in and let us know what he thinks or some of the other guys that have experience with that

I've only got 5 more in stock and the next shipment will be delayed as the UK store will be closed next week. So get em while I got em guys.

Reactions: dirtybum

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West