Look what came in the mail today

Omg! This thing is awesome! Flew it for only about 10 minutes and man was is easy. I think I'm going to love this new hobby, soooo cool! It basically flys itself. I still have to learn all the controls, I was a little clueless, did the basics and still had fun. Can't wait to get it out again, hopefully tomorrow. Thanks guys for all the great advice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I can't stop thinking about it lol, I might have to take it up tonight after I get home from my in-laws house. I think I'm hooked too.

Good to hear you are addicted like the rest of us. Just be sure to do your preflight checks before you launch to be sure all is right. Especially the props for tightness. If you sling a prop the bird comes down hard and fast.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: BigD451
For those 'new' P3S owners. There is really not much to it. Of course you need to make sure everything is ok before your first flight.
However, the one thing I must stress, you MUST start with a GPS mode i.e., the right switch pushed all the way up. Then, start the DJI Go App, press on auto take-off, let it hover at about 1.2 m height. Then, use the joysticks and push it higher, move left/right/...etc. The ATTI mode (switch in the middle) is a bit more complicated to fly the drone.

I tried mine the first time in the living room, and it took off at an angle and the props hit the furniture. It is then that I decided that I must get prop guards....
...or DON'T fly it in a room. I was stupid enough to try this, with prop guards on and it made no difference; the A/C went out of control cos I didn't know what I was doing and it smashed into the TV, with all props grinding away at the screen, wrecking it. Don't fly it indoors.....

Woke up this morning to a loud bang on my front door, to my surprise it was the FedEx guy with this,

I can't open it yet because it's a Christmas gift from my wife, so basically, I bought myself a Phantom 3 standard for Christmas lol. I am also getting a Syma X8HG from my mother in-law, I figured I'll fly that around first until I get the hang of it, I'm totally new to this. Once I'm comfortable with the toy I'll give the Phantom a go.
I was just planning on getting the Syma to see if I'm even going to enjoy flying, if I did I would eventually upgrade to the Phantom 3. Well, once I saw that they dropped the price to $399, free shipping and no tax, I couldn't wait, I had to have it now. My wife thinks I should've waited, make sure I enjoy flying first before we spent the money on it, lol she doesn't know that I bought a Nanuk 950 case for it, I hope I like it! What do you guys think?​
I have to wait till the 29th for mine to come in. It will be my first one also. Can't wait!

I have to wait till the 29th for mine to come in. It will be my first one also. Can't wait!
I ordered one from DJI two weeks ago.....then I saw a post where some one went to Target and was able to buy one....Being the very impatient man that I am I went to Target and bought it and canceled the other ordered. Very happy I did!!!

I haven't got the nerve or experience to try a night flight yet. Let us know how it goes.

So I got home around 11pm and took her up for a few minutes. It was my first night flight and only my second flight with it, it was just as easy and fun as day flying. It looks like a UFO at night, so cool. Man I love this thing!

Reactions: Dadah and DCJ64
They had one at Walmart but they wanted $100 more for it so my wife ordered it and with the extra money she got me an extra battery . got to love her! she also got me a two hour lesson with someone.

They had one at Walmart but they wanted $100 more for it so my wife ordered it and with the extra money she got me an extra battery . got to love her! she also got me a two hour lesson with someone.

Awesome! That's a good wife lol, let us know what you think after you get it and take it for a flight.

I'll probably just keep the Syma for something to beat on, have fun with. It was only $113, can't even buy an extra battery for the Phantom with that lol, might as well keep it and have fun with it.

Yes you can. They are selling for about $100.00 Now. Official DJI Batteries. Not one of the cheaper knockoffs that won't let you update your firmware.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Excellent advice! Sounds good to me, I'll go with that.
That's Definitely the Responsible way to Go. GPS can give you a faulse since of security. It's Always best to Actually learn how to fly before Upgrading to Larger more dangerous UAV'S. GPS, And sensors, Excedra can Fail. Knowing how to Actually Pilot your UAV can Save you ALOT of Grief, and Possibly Worse. Especially with the standard model without the Litebridge connection. Your Range is very limited Especially if you are in a congested AREA as far as Wi-Fi is Concerned. Also Trees, and Buildings can block your Signal. **(Watch TOM TECH TALK For the PHANTOM 3 Standard, and Most IMPORTANTLY His TUTORIAL on the GO APP SETTINGS)**. It can make Or break your Phantom 3 Experience By Knowing the Top 10 Mistakes People Make. Good Luck and HAPPY FLYING!!!!!!!:)

Reactions: BigD451 and Xdjcast
Okay, I opened the box when she left for work lol, I took pictures of any number I found on the Phantom, also grabbed the manual packet and took that to work with me to check out. I'm going attempt to do the registrations today, I hope I got what I need. There was no damage, everything looked great.

I hope my wife never sees this thread lol
Order a Gimbal, and camera Protector for storage First. The one that comes with it made out of hazy clear plastic REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!! Seriously EVERYONE will Agree I Feel Sure. Then purchase a Good Gimble Protector that bolts onto the Gimbal arm. Make sure to read the reviews for (space BETWEEN The Protector, and the Gimbal). It should Not be a large space, but almost touch. Then the DJI Carbon fiber Props with White tips or whatever you Prefer. They can help with BIRD STRIKES!!!:)

Yes you can. They are selling for about $100.00 Now. Official DJI Batteries. Not one of the cheaper knockoffs that won't let you update your firmware.

Sadly over the water the dji batteries never seem to go on offer, current cheapest price is the equivalent of $141....£116 in other words

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart