Aaaah, a drone was under the tree!

Reaction score
Yes, trips to Best Buy with the little woman in tow had paid off. Being sure to spend extra time looking at the DJI section and not those other drones helped to clench the deal. She even asked a few subtle questions every now and then.

I should first point out for any un married guys reading this, YOU are stupid and just don't know it yet. When you do have a wife SHE will point this out to you at a frequency currently not attainable by modern i7 processors. Every day.

This would explain the falcon pro under the tree. She knew better, and I needed correcting in my thinking.

Point one - DJI products all have a horrible learning curve. It takes reading instructions. You have to do set up work. Not with falcon pro you don't. Invert box, dump contents, good to go.

Point two - DJI has way to much range.. I mean look at the forums with all the sniveling posts about how some one lost there drone and it could not have been there fault. Not with falcon pro you don't. The brain trusts that developed the product nipped that issue in the bud. 150 feet. If you lose it inside that range your just to stupid to live, let alone fly a drone.

Point 3 - DJI has just removed way to much of the pilot skills from the equation. Not with falcon pro you don't. In almost dead air I had to question if this thing even had gyro stabilization or if that was a printing error on the box. Flying skills will NOT get rusty as the good folks at falcon pro made sure that there product has minimal pilot aids. Heck, they even left off dual rates. So you fly white knuckle, or not at all.

Point 4 - DJI once again has missed the boat with pre programed maneuvers that do nothing but aid the rotting of your flight skills. Some palm sized drones have a cool little button you can push to make it do a flip in the air. Not with falcon pro you don't. They give you printed instructions with diagrams on how to manually fly your drone through a flip. The guys at falcon do not mess around. They are hard core.

Point 5 - PRICE , you have to understand that volume sales keep prices down. DJI maybe only sells 2 or 3 a month so the price is alarmingly high. Not with falcon pro you don't. Being the worlds most popular drone you get low prices that only high volume sales can make possible. I can wreck 40 falcon pro's for the price of one P4.

Note: everything in this post is fact. If anyone reading this wishes to claim otherwise I will send them my falcon pro after taking there P4, 3, or even a 2 as a security deposit. Test it for yourself.

Last edited:
Hilarious! Makes ya think too. I ordered this for my bro a couple days ago. Could be March before it gets here. 25 freakin dollars including shipping. I figure if he flies it once and wraps it around a tree it's still money well spent. X5SW-1 Wifi FPV

Last edited:
Reactions: DesertLand
Nice piss take, makes me want to go the shed and resurrect the shelves full of gliders, planes and helicopters that made me weep over the years.....

Well it's evening time. Now we have as dead air as one can hope for. Couple of beeps on the trim buttons ( hey, the brain trust that designed this thing was willing to add ONE pilot comfort into the system. ) and a flight that would normally consist 100% of PIO was now reduced to 55% PIO and 45% stable hover. Mind you, stable hover is defined as a rate of drift you can keep up with.. so long as you can run real fast.

So every time the pilot attempts to control this little craft, even the most subtle of inputs is interpreted by the on board CPU as a demand for fast and furious action. This coupled with what I think is a 256 pixel resolution camera you get the kind of picture data that only the CIA's enhancement software can interpret an image from.

One the plus side though, movie mode is achieved by rapidly pressing the photo button over and over real fast. Makes selecting high speed motion mode real easy. No scrolling through a messy network of menus. Slow motion on the other hand made my finger tip bleed.

Last edited:
Well like most stories there is a beginning, a middle and then the end. This is the end. It's an adult story so there is no happy ending. The hero of this story ( just in case you did not know, the hero turns out to be my wife ) is feeling a bit scorned. Gift giving at Christmas time is a serious thing. My despicable lack of appreciation for what turns out to be the single most expensive item she bought me this year, has landed me in the dog house.

Our hero, the superior being that she is, is not without mercy. * IF * I get her a new car ( her current vehicle is a .. gasp .. 2013 model ) and a new house ( base price 1/4 million ) with a TV studio sized kitchen in it. She might find it in her heart to forgive me this one time. I know, wow, right? I mean how often do you get a chance at forgiveness from the Mrs.'s in one lifetime.

I know you think I got off easy but there is a bit more. Of the few times my wife rides in my 2001 FORD, every single time she finds things about it that she does not like and I need to fix. Mind you I don't get a chance at a new vehicle until I learn to take care of what I have. My wife says there is a metaphor in that but that's way over my head.

A few other minor weeds to pull. She said some thing about a kitchen staff. Not sure what kind of cooking tool that is but I'm sure if I look around on the internet I'll figure it out.

Well, this is a DJI forum and I don't have a DJI drone so I should say goodbye. Looking forward to clearing my name with the Mrs. and I hear tell falcon pro makes a more expensive drone with wifi. I can hardly wait.

we all know divorce isn't the cheapest stuff on the market -never been through that but there is enough documentation to prove it-.

There are instances though where it could turn out to be less expensive solution!

EPILOGUE

Well things are not that dark after all. My wife gets a remote starter for her 2013 car and I get a P 3 standard refurbished model. Important part of the negotiations was the remote start cost more than the P 3. So now that I'm banned from the P 4 forum I'll point out that my 3 part rant did have ONE embellishment. DJI must sell at least 2 or 3 drones a week , not per month.

Reactions: DCJ64
EPILOGUE

Well things are not that dark after all. My wife gets a remote starter for her 2013 car and I get a P 3 standard refurbished model. Important part of the negotiations was the remote start cost more than the P 3. So now that I'm banned from the P 4 forum I'll point out that my 3 part rant did have ONE embellishment. DJI must sell at least 2 or 3 drones a week , not per month.

Well, there is always that day when it's time for a trade in if you know what I mean. Happy New Year!

Don't just leave here, reason is you can still find out information on how to fly your drone even though it isn't a Phantom! Stick in here to learn.

Kurt

Well like most stories there is a beginning, a middle and then the end. This is the end. It's an adult story so there is no happy ending. The hero of this story ( just in case you did not know, the hero turns out to be my wife ) is feeling a bit scorned. Gift giving at Christmas time is a serious thing. My despicable lack of appreciation for what turns out to be the single most expensive item she bought me this year, has landed me in the dog house.

Our hero, the superior being that she is, is not without mercy. * IF * I get her a new car ( her current vehicle is a .. gasp .. 2013 model ) and a new house ( base price 1/4 million ) with a TV studio sized kitchen in it. She might find it in her heart to forgive me this one time. I know, wow, right? I mean how often do you get a chance at forgiveness from the Mrs.'s in one lifetime.

I know you think I got off easy but there is a bit more. Of the few times my wife rides in my 2001 FORD, every single time she finds things about it that she does not like and I need to fix. Mind you I don't get a chance at a new vehicle until I learn to take care of what I have. My wife says there is a metaphor in that but that's way over my head.

A few other minor weeds to pull. She said some thing about a kitchen staff. Not sure what kind of cooking tool that is but I'm sure if I look around on the internet I'll figure it out.

Well, this is a DJI forum and I don't have a DJI drone so I should say goodbye. Looking forward to clearing my name with the Mrs. and I hear tell falcon pro makes a more expensive drone with wifi. I can hardly wait.

Man alive, and I thought my Phantom was high maintenance.
EPILOGUE PART DEUCE ........ This is kinda like that movie Rogue 1. They all die in the end. Sort of like my best laid plans. Well the little woman gets the remote start for her car. Off I go to order my drone. Out of stock. Of course that is not her fault. That's all my fault. Does this mean I can just go ahead and get one of the new ones at regular price? Nope. Was not part of the deal.

John.. you worry me with this post of yours. Are you saying there are post purchase maintenance costs ( you know what I mean.. NOT parts for the drone ) that are going to be incurred?

EPILOGUE PART DEUCE ........ This is kinda like that movie Rogue 1. They all die in the end. Sort of like my best laid plans. Well the little woman gets the remote start for her car. Off I go to order my drone. Out of stock. Of course that is not her fault. That's all my fault. Does this mean I can just go ahead and get one of the new ones at regular price? Nope. Was not part of the deal.

John.. you worry me with this post of yours. Are you saying there are post purchase maintenance costs ( you know what I mean.. NOT parts for the drone ) that are going to be incurred?
Well, there's the mental anguish of firmware and software updates (think nagging), constant decisions, should I, or shouldn't I (like the wife's trick questions)? The answer is usually, NO don't update, then you worry if it's the right thing to ignore the nag. Then there's the constant list of accessories (think Jewelry, not needed but it makes the relationship better) to enhance and protect your investment. Then, one wrong move while flying because you were daydreaming during flight, and wham, you go into depression searching for clues. You learn it takes several hundred dollars (necklesses) to get back flying normal again. Then there you are laying in bed wondering, what did I do wrong? She just flew away! You go off searching for answers, asking your friends what to do (think this forum, mainly msinger, our resident direction finder). Just remember, the weather (mood) can get bad at times, so don't fly during bad weather, hunker down and wait for calm.

Last edited:
LMAO on this thread, I figured I was the only one that dealt with this type of anguish. My wife is an avid reader and collector of select books including the one that sat under the Xmas tree - autographed John Le Carre that I found in some remote part of the world. Now I was after a set of VR goggles from Santa but the cost differential at first between the book and the goggles seemed too great at first until I played the pitiful card of having to do hours of research, countless phone calls and speaking to someone in New York chasing down this particular book. I could see the gratefulness sweep over the wife's face and used that as the opportunity to introduce my 'cheap' goggles to sit in one of the two drone cases that support my 'habit'. I felt guilty at first but figured we both had a win, she gets to cradle the book like a baby and I can go outside and return to my youth.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl