Look what came in the mail today

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to a loud bang on my front door, to my surprise it was the FedEx guy with this,

I can't open it yet because it's a Christmas gift from my wife, so basically, I bought myself a Phantom 3 standard for Christmas lol. I am also getting a Syma X8HG from my mother in-law, I figured I'll fly that around first until I get the hang of it, I'm totally new to this. Once I'm comfortable with the toy I'll give the Phantom a go.
I was just planning on getting the Syma to see if I'm even going to enjoy flying, if I did I would eventually upgrade to the Phantom 3. Well, once I saw that they dropped the price to $399, free shipping and no tax, I couldn't wait, I had to have it now. My wife thinks I should've waited, make sure I enjoy flying first before we spent the money on it, lol she doesn't know that I bought a Nanuk 950 case for it, I hope I like it! What do you guys think?​

Woke up this morning to a loud bang on my front door, to my surprise it was the FedEx guy with this,

I can't open it yet because it's a Christmas gift from my wife, so basically, I bought myself a Phantom 3 standard for Christmas lol. I am also getting a Syma X8HG from my mother in-law, I figured I'll fly that around first until I get the hang of it, I'm totally new to this. Once I'm comfortable with the toy I'll give the Phantom a go.
I was just planning on getting the Syma to see if I'm even going to enjoy flying, if I did I would eventually upgrade to the Phantom 3. Well, once I saw that they dropped the price to $399, free shipping and no tax, I couldn't wait, I had to have it now. My wife thinks I should've waited, make sure I enjoy flying first before we spent the money on it, lol she doesn't know that I bought a Nanuk 950 case for it, I hope I like it! What do you guys think?​

Awesome!!

You are going to have a very eventful holiday weekend....keep the batteries charging!

What if you open it and it's a Weber?

conan-rofl.gif~c200

ohhhh that's cold blooded

Reactions: Jack1926
Have to agree --- the Phantom far better and easier to fly than any 'toy' multi-rotor.
The Syma - can't really see any use for it other than sell it or keep for kids to use ....

Nigel

Reactions: Jack1926
Have to agree --- the Phantom far better and easier to fly than any 'toy' multi-rotor.
The Syma - can't really see any use for it other than sell it or keep for kids to use ....

Nigel

I'll probably just keep the Syma for something to beat on, have fun with. It was only $113, can't even buy an extra battery for the Phantom with that lol, might as well keep it and have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would keep the Syma to learn how to fly without gps in case you get into some trouble and have to manually fly the Phantom. True the Phantom is easier to fly but that sometimes can be misleading..

Reactions: HellKraft
Welcome BigD451. I think if were me I'd do all the preflight stuff the next few days, so you will be ready to fly Christmas morning. Things like charging batteries, installing props, registering the bird with DJI and the FAA registration task. That along with downloading the DJI Go app on your device.

Also, download the manual and read it. Then read it again. There is a bit of a learning curve on these things, and you must know this information before you fly.

Santa won't mind if you open the box and get started. Just don't fly until Christmas Day.

Good luck-- Fly Safe [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: HellKraft

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31