Look what came in the mail today

Okay, I opened the box when she left for work lol, I took pictures of any number I found on the Phantom, also grabbed the manual packet and took that to work with me to check out. I'm going attempt to do the registrations today, I hope I got what I need. There was no damage, everything looked great.

I hope my wife never sees this thread lol
Brilliant work, love that sneakiness, well done and mission accomplished!
I know how your feeling right now full of excitement..Happy Xmas..

Oh and seriously while we're doing it look what landed on my doorstep today..
1482530041980.jpg

AKASO Phantom 3 Standard Hardshell Bag Backpack Shoulder Carry Case Hard Shell Box for Dji Phantom 3s Fpv Drone Quadcopter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J3WRSEQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_n0zxyb6MEC8E6

I'm excited even for a case lol.. sorry about the socks drying [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

Brilliant work, love that sneakiness, well done and mission accomplished!
I know how your feeling right now full of excitement..Happy Xmas..

Oh and seriously while we're doing it look what landed on my doorstep today..
View attachment 71461

AKASO Phantom 3 Standard Hardshell Bag Backpack Shoulder Carry Case Hard Shell Box for Dji Phantom 3s Fpv Drone Quadcopter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J3WRSEQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_n0zxyb6MEC8E6

I'm excited even for a case lol.. sorry about the socks drying [emoji23]

Are you sure that is not a R/C Batmobil?

Reactions: gaz1969uk
I tried mine the first time in the living room, and it took off at an angle and the props hit the furniture. It is then that I decided that I must get prop guards. Yes, those are a pain as they make the machine bigger and won't fit in the case. To me however, the guards are a must for two reasons: 1. protect the props from getting damaged or damaging something else. and 2. safety measure as those props could cause serious injury if the drone gets closer to operator or nearby poeple/kids. Think of the prop guards as training wheels for when you first started to ride your bike.

I've had a similar big box setting in the back room since Dec. 16. I know its a P3S. The wifey did not hide her buying history in her Amazon account. He He! I've been reading a lot, and downloading manuals, and checking out Phantom forums. Tomorrow is the big day!

I've had a similar big box setting in the back room since Dec. 16. I know its a P3S. The wifey did not hide her buying history in her Amazon account. He He! I've been reading a lot, and downloading manuals, and checking out Phantom forums. Tomorrow is the big day!
What if she didn't buy it for you?

Enjoy it and don't forget the piccies! Happy xmas

As of now the weather is showing sunny and 44 degrees here in Long Island for Sunday (Christmas), so if all goes well, I should be taking it out for the first time, can't wait. The weather man better be right! I'm just wondering how many other 40 something year old guys are sitting around on Christmas eve, on there computer, researching and watching videos on how to fly lol

All I can say is good for you. I have a (Polar Bear) Nanuk 945 case for my DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus and I think they're the absolute best case in the world for protecting something like a Phantom. They're made in Canada and Dave Cuillard (the owner) of the company will go out of his way to make things perfect for you. Expensive, but the absolute best.

Good luck with your Phantom, and have fun.

Bud

Woke up this morning to a loud bang on my front door, to my surprise it was the FedEx guy with this,

I can't open it yet because it's a Christmas gift from my wife, so basically, I bought myself a Phantom 3 standard for Christmas lol. I am also getting a Syma X8HG from my mother in-law, I figured I'll fly that around first until I get the hang of it, I'm totally new to this. Once I'm comfortable with the toy I'll give the Phantom a go.
I was just planning on getting the Syma to see if I'm even going to enjoy flying, if I did I would eventually upgrade to the Phantom 3. Well, once I saw that they dropped the price to $399, free shipping and no tax, I couldn't wait, I had to have it now. My wife thinks I should've waited, make sure I enjoy flying first before we spent the money on it, lol she doesn't know that I bought a Nanuk 950 case for it, I hope I like it! What do you guys think?​

What if she didn't buy it for you?

Ha! She hasn't mentioned that she was taking up a new hobby. The neighbor kid
As of now the weather is showing sunny and 44 degrees here in Long Island for Sunday (Christmas), so if all goes well, I should be taking it out for the first time, can't wait. The weather man better be right! I'm just wondering how many other 40 something year old guys are sitting around on Christmas eve, on there computer, researching and watching videos on how to fly lol

Not a 40 something, but doing all that you wrote. Weather in my area is too cold for flying for the next few days. Prolly use the simulator in the DJI Go app for a while. Or, I'll fly the nano quad out in the garage.

Woke up this morning to a loud bang on my front door, to my surprise it was the FedEx guy with this,

I can't open it yet because it's a Christmas gift from my wife, so basically, I bought myself a Phantom 3 standard for Christmas lol. I am also getting a Syma X8HG from my mother in-law, I figured I'll fly that around first until I get the hang of it, I'm totally new to this. Once I'm comfortable with the toy I'll give the Phantom a go.
I was just planning on getting the Syma to see if I'm even going to enjoy flying, if I did I would eventually upgrade to the Phantom 3. Well, once I saw that they dropped the price to $399, free shipping and no tax, I couldn't wait, I had to have it now. My wife thinks I should've waited, make sure I enjoy flying first before we spent the money on it, lol she doesn't know that I bought a Nanuk 950 case for it, I hope I like it! What do you guys think?​
Truthfully, the P3 is sooo easy to fly, once you fly it you won't touch the other one. I'd start right away. Very user friendly.

Brolland

Reactions: gaz1969uk

You're going to love it. However, learning to fly first (then no more crashes, trees, roofs, etc) with a less expensive aircraft, will pay back huge dividends in the future! Practice, practice, and review techniques even after you 'know how' to fly. The inet is loaded with excellent simple & more advanced videos. I started flying as an 80 yrs old.

Oh you are definitely gonna enjoy it. My niece gave me her's to fly/learn to fly. I'm so hooked!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart