Litchi question

Mr Bird Sir,

My brother was wondering if you could recommend a repair shop for his Phantom 3 Standard? I guess he had more damage than I thought.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Not sure where DB got off to, but for repairs to your Phantom, try 'uavrepairshop.com'. The guy goes by 'hunch' here on the forum, and is a great guy. He does my work on my P3S. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: BigAl07
does using and app like lichi by pass dji height restrictions?
Not anymore as it's embedded in the Firmware now. It was "by passable" in earlier versions but now now.

ok thanks. i use my p4 to move sheep on steep hill sides- instead of walking up or down. if i take off from the top i can descend 180m, but if i take off from the bottom i cant climb high enough, even tho i am only 5- 20 metres from the ground- i am 120 mteres above my take off point and the p4 wont climb any further.

It allows you to do amazing flights like this:

...and this:

These are great, but there was some noticeable jerky jerkiness in the Yaw. For example in the spiral around the building section the yaw yanks off to the side a number of times.

Is this a limitation of Litchi, or can this be softened up on a shorter (and slower) mission? Or can it be resolved by softening up the gimbal settings?

These are great, but there was some noticeable jerky jerkiness in the Yaw. For example in the spiral around the building section the yaw yanks off to the side a number of times.

Is this a limitation of Litchi, or can this be softened up on a shorter (and slower) mission? Or can it be resolved by softening up the gimbal settings?
Ive had some success slowing the mission speed to give the drone more time to yaw/gimbal tilt and speeding up the footage in post but hopefully this is a future litchi feature.

Reactions: erikgraham
Speed plays a roll, also expirament with the default curve size and curve size at each WP, seems bigger helps unless you have a sharp turn to make at a WP. Then it's a matter of editing.

Reactions: erikgraham
I would be afraid of trying auto anything that close to objects, but I may try soon plotting the wp's as I fly the course I need, it's the alt I worry about. I usually edit out abrupt movements but the video quality was not good in the important low water shots, so I made a quick set of clips to send to people at the river that day. I have a switch for slow yaw and forgot to use it, these things draw a crowd which is entertaining in a way but also a distraction. Will try this again maybe with wp's once I get camera settings right. I love the low water stuff, but have put 3 in water due to my error, just can't resist it.

I purchased and installed Litchi and created my first waypoint mission today. Worked flawlessly except during one curve, I ended up with part of the landing gear ending up in my shot. I'm guessing by creating bigger turning radii and with lower speeds that will be less of an issue?

If my mission goes beyond the range of my controller (or I lose control due to RF interference, I know that the drone will continue the mission. However what if the drone loses GPS once it's out there? Will it hover in place indefinitely while it tries to regain GPS signal? How long will it wait before it gives up? If it regains signal will it continue along the mission? Will it panic and just land wherever it happens to be?

I purchased and installed Litchi and created my first waypoint mission today. Worked flawlessly except during one curve, I ended up with part of the landing gear ending up in my shot. I'm guessing by creating bigger turning radii and with lower speeds that will be less of an issue?

If my mission goes beyond the range of my controller (or I lose control due to RF interference, I know that the drone will continue the mission. However what if the drone loses GPS once it's out there? Will it hover in place indefinitely while it tries to regain GPS signal? How long will it wait before it gives up? If it regains signal will it continue along the mission? Will it panic and just land wherever it happens to be?
You can set parameters for when the mission ends eg - land, hover, RTH or back to waypoint 1. I think deafult is Litchi RTH on any sort of issue. In terms of losing GPS i think it would be unlikely that you would suddenly lose all GPS when you are in the air on a mission. Maybe if you flew under a bridge or something.

So I tried a Litchi mission today that went outside of RC range. she came back exactly as expected and was only outside of range for about 4-5 minutes but **** does that 5 minutes feels like an eternity. Very stressful! haha I imagine as I get more experienced that stress will go away.

but if i take off from the bottom i cant climb high enough, even tho i am only 5- 20 metres from the ground- i am 120 mteres above my take off point and the p4 wont climb
You can change the max flight height limit in the GO app to a maximum of 500M if you want go higher than 120M. It's up to you to adhere to the 400' AGL guideline, as you follow the mountain elevation.

Reactions: farmernz
ok thanks. i use my p4 to move sheep on steep hill sides- instead of walking up or down. if i take off from the top i can descend 180m, but if i take off from the bottom i cant climb high enough, even tho i am only 5- 20 metres from the ground- i am 120 mteres above my take off point and the p4 wont climb any further.

I am new (days really) so I don't know the in's and out's of DJI GO app, but I think I have come across reference to a method of 'exceeding' the 400 ft. limit in the U.S. and getting DJI GO app to allow. Not sure if that helps in NZ. (Or if it is even possible.) But, You, IMHO deserve such an exemption! I doubt if you are a danger to anyone but yourself with your drone! LOL

Reactions: farmernz
Speed plays a roll, also expirament with the default curve size and curve size at each WP, seems bigger helps unless you have a sharp turn to make at a WP. Then it's a matter of editing.
I've been experimenting with Litchi and I've got it pretty nice and smooth. I'm happy.

Personally, I find the Cable Cam on 3DRs Solo to be a great and convenient feature. Now with Litchi, I've got a very good Cable Cam method working, that's almost as easy and convenient as the Solo's version, but has some added benefits/features. I still need to tweak some of the settings to get it up to the Solo level, especially at higher speeds, but it's **** good and I'm confident I can tweak it until it's as good or better. Plus you get all the other benefits of Litchi.

If your interested in Cable Cam, in the Litchi manual online, there is a "cookbook recipe" for creating Cable Cams. It's at the end of the waypoint section. The main thing it has you do is assign button C1 to create a waypoint at current location. So with this it's almost as easy to setup as a Solo. Switch to waypoint mode, fly somewhere yaw and tilt your gimbal to frame the first shot, click C1, move to next waypoint, frame your shot, hit C1, and keep going. When your done, just hit play. While its playing you can use the right stick to speed up the P4 on the cable, or slow down and even reverse to run the cable the other way. When you let go of the stick, the P4 reverts back to the default mission cruising speed.

And the great thing is that when you are done, you've actually got a waypoint mission that you can go back into and edit. So you get the power and convenience of Cable Cam, and you also get a fully *editable* mission.

I am new (days really) so I don't know the in's and out's of DJI GO app, but I think I have come across reference to a method of 'exceeding' the 400 ft. limit in the U.S. and getting DJI GO app to allow. Not sure if that helps in NZ. (Or if it is even possible.) But, You, IMHO deserve such an exemption! I doubt if you are a danger to anyone but yourself with your drone! LOL

The 400ft limit is (AGL)ABOVE GROUND LEVEL. The GO app allows up to 500m/1640ft. It is perfectly legal to fly over a 1600ft mountain ridge or follow the terrain up to that height.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Those lights flash when it loses connection with the controller. I just flew a mission and thought I had the points set with all the recon I did... but GPS was off slightly... 15ft maybe... but still got a lot closer to my buddies house then I wanted to for the first mission behind a big foothill.

Those lights flash when it loses connection with the controller. I just flew a mission and thought I had the points set with all the recon I did... but GPS was off slightly... 15ft maybe... but still got a lot closer to my buddies house then I wanted to for the first mission behind a big foothill.
Thank you very much for this information!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl