Litchi question

I just got my p4, do I want this software?
What does it do for me?
Thanks ... Ed
Ed,

I am new here, just had my Phantom 4 for a little over month. I use DroneDeploy for my autonomous missions DroneDeploy Mobile App for Mapping with DJI Drones. App is free and you can fly as many missions as you want. If you want to post process them into orthomosaics you can as well but only a limited number each month unless you pay $$$ for professional services. DroneDeploy creates a Google Earth type of imagery and pointclouds. Here are some samples that I have run...

Phantom 4 - Using DroneDeploy

Ortho.jpg

3D Pointcloud - Using DroneDeploy
3dPointcloud3.jpg

[QUOTE = "ussvertigo, post: 877.059, membro: 6997"] Vamos unidade Litchi e eu apenas inclinar a esperança câmera- esta é a forma de postar um link Certifique-se de altitudes seus WPs
[MÍDIA = youtube] CDE-Ukca1D0 [/ MÍDIA] Farol e Aircraft Carrier [/ QUOTE]
Good job. Congratulations.

[QUOTE = "ussvertigo, post: 877,059, Membro: 6997"] Vamos Unidade Litchi e eu APENAS inclinar um Esperança CAMERA ESTA E uma Forma de POSTAR UM ligação Certifique-se de SEUs altitudes WPs
[MÍDIA = youtube] CDE-Ukca1D0 [/ MÍDIA] Farol e Aircraft Carrier [/ QUOTE]
Muito bom vídeo. Parabéns.
How's it going buddy? Because my missions are usually long I fly them @ 30 mph to cover the distance. I generally have the missions end by returning to the first point. Usually I am adding points along the return route to bring the altitude back down to the starting altitude. I generally end my missions by landing manually, though there is an option to automatically land available.
Thank you very much, friend. I am learning with your orientation and I am so gratefull. Sorry by my english. I am from Brasil.

Now I just need a dozen pilots & birds said:
"Fellowship of the Phantom"[/I] sequence ever recorded! :)

In the Trenton area and MORE than happy to assist. I'm a newer pilot of a p4 but am quickly learning way WAY faster than I thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Bird
Just played the video of my Lighthouse/Carrier from this thread and was wondering why the quality is so bad??

It allows you to do amazing flights like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

...and this:

Show off...
On a real note I love your video's Dirty. Yours looks so good my brother took his drone to Federal Hll too. I plan on coming to Baltimore for the fall to try, and catch the season change with my brother. I will keep watching your videos for inspiration.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Maybe it's your monitor. It looks good to me, it had some fantastic shots. Can you be more specific?
Well it plays fine on my desktop from the Phantom Pilots Forum as does Dirty Bird's, showing the selection of quality options, but what tripped me up was I had tried the playback from my iPad Air 2, there it showed no options for quality selection and just began to play what looked like "360p". I can go to YouTube directly on the iPad and plays OK, albeit no greater than "750p". So now I know.

It allows you to do amazing flights like this:

...and this:

could you provide info about those great flashing lights? They appear to be an excellent safety feature. Great videos! Thanks.

Thanks! :) Funny I was flying a few weeks ago & as I flew over Federal Hill I spotted another Phantom. I wonder if it was your brother? Curious if he noticed the three Phantoms that flew by? When you're in town give me a holler. Between the lot of us & a couple other locals we could do something epic! :cool:

Show off...
On a real note I love your video's Dirty. Yours looks so good my brother took his drone to Federal Hll too. I plan on coming to Baltimore for the fall to try, and catch the season change with my brother. I will keep watching your videos for inspiration.

Last edited:
Thank you! :) Those are the Phantom's stock lights. They are flashing rapid yellow because the bird is running a Litchi mission & it's out of contact with the RC. It does make tracking it pretty easy & I bet it was quite a show from the ground! At one point early in the flight as the Phantom reaches the first tall building the lights pulse red a few times. That is an NFZ Proximity Alert for the two stadiums off to the left of frame & just out of view.

could you provide info about those great flashing lights? They appear to be an excellent safety feature. Great videos! Thanks.

So stadiums are off limits even when unoccupied? Wow! That's borderline communism. :D

All joking aside, that really is a big thing. What if I wanted to do some stadium shots when empty? Sounds like I couldn't! Especially the major stadiums. :(

What would happen to the mission if you tried to fly into those zones? Stop and stand still? Attempt the next waypoint not blocked? Do you know? Just curious.

Last edited:
what tripped me up was I had tried the playback from my iPad Air 2, there it showed no options for quality selection and just began to play what looked like "360p".

When playing YouTube videos on an Air2, there are three dots in the upper right corner. Click the dots and a "Quality" gear icon will appear. Click the gear to see your resolution choices.

Thanks! :) Funny I was flying a few weeks ago & as I flew over Federal Hill I spotted another Phantom. I wonder if it was your brother? Curious if he noticed the three Phantoms that flew by? When you're in town give me a holler. Between the lot of us & a couple other locals we could do something epic! :cool:

Sounds like a plan. Maybe a complication. My brother just suffered a flyaway. He has a Phantom 3 Standard. He may have it fixed by then. By the by he works for Phillips so your videos are like advertising for them.

My brother has some gimbal problems after his incident, is it possible for you to show him some guidance on repairs. I am going to get him to join this group, is it ok if I mention you to him?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Let Litchi drive and I just tilt the camera- hope this is how to post a link Make sure of altitudes at your WPs
Lighthouse and Aircraft Carrier

Great work ! I think I need some lessons from you:)

Reactions: SCGENE
Mr Bird Sir,

My brother was wondering if you could recommend a repair shop for his Phantom 3 Standard? I guess he had more damage than I thought.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31