Litchi now on iOS

No camera settings at launch, note that it is much easier to change them in DJI Go on iOS, as it's much easier to switch apps.
cool thanks...as a newish user of iOS, could you help me understand how to switch apps with ease? id feel more comfortable knowing i can go back and forth without fumbling...

cool thanks...as a newish user of iOS, could you help me understand how to switch apps with ease? id feel more comfortable knowing i can go back and forth without fumbling...

Click on the home button to exit the app, open GO app, do what you have to, click on the home button again and re-open Litchi. Simples.

Reactions: Tricky

Hi Kaehn,

I have both android Samsung Galaxy S6 and iPad Air that I use alternately with P3P. Am interested in getting Lichi. Would I need to purchase 2 copies or will 1 suffice? I obviously can not use both device simultaneously, so only one device will be used at any given time.

You can quick - switch between open apps by pressing the home button twice (kinda fast like a double click on a mouse).

Reactions: Tricky
Any chance that was C1? There is a problem on iOS with C1 where it starts DJI Go when clicked. DJI told us that will be fixed in a future sdk version. In the last build we removed the C1 setting. C2 should be unaffected.

No camera settings at launch, note that it is much easier to change them in DJI Go on iOS, as it's much easier to switch apps.
it actually happened when I used C2. I had set that one to toggle between map and fpv. what i was thinking is when i started I opened djo go app and calibrated then closed it and used litchi. when it crashed and i opened the dji go app it opened right up. even though I had closed the dji go app before using litchi I did not completely close it and I was wondering if it did try to open the feature on the dji go app and crashed litchi? I did have an issue with it asking for permission to use the dji go app when using litchi and clicking C1 or C2. that was when I 1st started testing and didnt have it in the air yet. I have tried to duplicate the problem but it hasnt happened since. the part that worried me most was I wasnt using waypoints that time and when it disconnected it just hovered. I did not see a setting for RTH other than using waypoints

yes I am why you ask?
The wonders of the Internet! I was going to get one back in the Summer and joined the Minivet group. Used to watch yours and others trials and errors with that machine with interest - put me off buying one for life!

The wonders of the Internet! I was going to get one back in the Summer and joined the Minivet group. Used to watch yours and others trials and errors with that machine with interest - put me off buying one for life!

the best move I ever made was returning my minivet back before i crashed that POS.... I pve a phantom 3 advanced and it is $400 more than the WSM but 1000% better in every way. for me to buy that again it would have to be for under $200. and I could use it not caring if I crashed it. it had gotten so bad that landing was an adventure. the phantom lands perfectly and when hovering it is so still it looks like you are staring at a photo instead of a video :)

Reactions: Wacker2611
I have both android Samsung Galaxy S6 and iPad Air that I use alternately with P3P. Am interested in getting Lichi. Would I need to purchase 2 copies or will 1 suffice? I obviously can not use both device simultaneously, so only one device will be used at any given time.
The 2 licenses are different, you would need to purchase the iOS version as well if you want to use it. There is no easy way for us to discount the app either for Android users wanting to switch. Keep in mind the initial release will not contain all features you have in the Android version.

the part that worried me most was I wasnt using waypoints that time and when it disconnected it just hovered. I did not see a setting for RTH other than using waypoints
The RC has a RTH button! In general Litchi on iOS assumes you will use the RC hardware buttons and does not duplicate them on-screen.

The 2 licenses are different, you would need to purchase the iOS version as well if you want to use it. There is no easy way for us to discount the app either for Android users wanting to switch. Keep in mind the initial release will not contain all features you have in the Android version.

The RC has a RTH button! In general Litchi on iOS assumes you will use the RC hardware buttons and does not duplicate them on-screen.

the thing is I wasnt sure if it totally disconnected from the RC. I assume it didnt long enough because I was able to use the dji go app. at the time it got me nervous. I should have tried to see if while the litchi app dropped if i had control of the phantom. I assume i did

so i buy it and now i buy to buy again to get more features? is that correct? I was willing to do the $8.99 but that in itself doesnt get you much. to get mission planner it is $17.99 and $3.99 a month... never mentions any of this before buying the FPV camera

Well I can see your point, I didn't get any price break either, just remember I think it's the best out there right now, well second best maybe if you want to wait around for Litchi to come to iOS, also beware that when it does come to ios, it will also have bugs to be worked out, just like any other software has, the good thing is at least they are working them out now with FPV camera, as much as I hate this old saying, it's true here, "If ya want to play, ya have to Pay" !

Oh man, that's a tough one. I like to have it on my iOS (iPad Air), but my iPad air does not have a GPS build in. Hmmm.....

Waiting for the iOS version of Litchi? We are too, but you can start planning your missions today with the new Mission Hub tool we just launched!
Edit, discover, share missions from all around the world, then download and execute them with Litchi and your DJI Phantom 2/Phantom3/Inspire1.
This place is yours to make!
Mission Hub - Litchi (optimized for desktops)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka