Litchi now on iOS

read earlier in this forum...it was offerred for a short while for IOS for people to test. it is not available to the general public and not in the app store at the moment. I just wanted to post what happened to me while testing it thats all

read earlier in this forum...it was offerred for a short while for IOS for people to test. it is not available to the general public and not in the app store at the moment. I just wanted to post what happened to me while testing it thats all

Erm, isn't that called Beta testing? :):):)

Ok not quite yet! But we have been hard at work and are looking for a limited amount of testers to give us feedback. The waypoint mode is fully implemented using Google maps and is ready for testing for P3P, P3A and Inspire1 on both iPads and iPhones running iOS 8 or 9.

Feature highlights:

- Ability to pre-plan your waypoint missions

- Draw missions with the pen tool

- Supports multiple Points of Interest

- Customizable quadratic bezier curves for smoother videos

- 6 different waypoint actions for straight lines missions

- Automatic gimbal control settings (Focus POI and Interpolate)

- Take manual control of the aircraft during the mission to play/replay the mission on the fly including gimbal movements

- Virtually unlimited distance waypoint missions, the aircraft will continue on a mission even if signal is lost

- Use the Panorama preset to easily shoot a horizontal panorama at waypoints

- Custom RC keys functions allowing you to create missions as you fly them

- Load/Save and Email your missions

- Voice feedback for important warnings

- Record your iOS device screen at the tap of a button (IOS 9 only)

Visit our help page for more information on the waypoint mode: Help - Litchi

Beta is currently full, you can still signup to be added to the waiting list. We will notify you when more slots become available.
If you are interested in testing the app and giving us feedback, follow this link Beta - Litchi
let me know when its ready

Geez, you can never satisfy everyone, want to fly to the top of mountain.
Next, there will people asking for DJI to increase the height so they can fly their bird to the moon :rolleyes:
I agree, there is no way of satisfying everyone. This bird is an amazing piece of technology and allowing for such altitude restrictions to be removed would likely result in an FAA crackdown that would affect most of us. With the number of these expected to be sold this holiday season, there's likely to be many accidents and injuries caused by those "thrill seekers" in need of a further adrenalin rush. I love my P3P and don't see any need to expand upon it for the simple sake of going further or higher. Perhaps a longer life battery is on my wish list, that's about it.

I am a beta tester for the ios version of the app and it worked great with the exception of one problem... I had set one of the custom buttons to switch the fpv and the map and while about 100 feet away the moment I hit that button the app disconnected. at the time I wasnt using waypoints but just flying around. I was recording the the fpv. at the time I was switching over I was just hovering so after it disconnected I ran towards my phantom but it never reconnected. I closed it and launched dji go app and it quickly connected. the one thing I didnt try for some reason was to 1st see if the RC lost connection but I dont think it did and the 2nd thing is I should have relaunched the beta app to see if it would reconnect. it did seem like the moment I clicked on the custom button on the back is when it disconnected. I had thought if it disconnected it would RTH but I only saw that setting when setting up waypoints so maybe hover is normal when it disconnects
Any chance that was C1? There is a problem on iOS with C1 where it starts DJI Go when clicked. DJI told us that will be fixed in a future sdk version. In the last build we removed the C1 setting. C2 should be unaffected.

How will one adjust camera settings midflight? Looking forward to this app, just curious about camera settings. Thx
No camera settings at launch, note that it is much easier to change them in DJI Go on iOS, as it's much easier to switch apps.

Any chance that was C1? There is a problem on iOS with C1 where it starts DJI Go when clicked. DJI told us that will be fixed in a future sdk version. In the last build we removed the C1 setting. C2 should be unaffected.

No camera settings at launch, note that it is much easier to change them in DJI Go on iOS, as it's much easier to switch apps.
Sorry i've never used Litchi before. So you use dji go app to adjust the camera then close it and run Litchi right? Or you need to run both at the sane time?
I read somewhere said that there should be only the control app running to avoid crashing..etc.

Sorry i've never used Litchi before. So you use dji go app to adjust the camera then close it and run Litchi right? Or you need to run both at the sane time?
I read somewhere said that there should be only the control app running to avoid crashing..etc.
Preferable to close Litchi, open DJI Go, change settings, close it and open Litchi again.

Reactions: SkyKisser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav