lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

Nothing else

Attachments

• lighttbrige3.jpg
    lighttbrige3.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 393
Hello
For the dji lightbridge ground system
Wèell I received my USB converter uart I followed the procedure as stated in the tutorial. But once finished the procedure I always find myself with only the version of the first file (main controller) visible in the lightbridge aplication no decoder and transmitter. I attach the files to you: prompt dos where we see that all went well. By contrast under the lightbridge terminal we see that the initialization of the lightbridge ground system is incomplete. Did I miss an operation? Did you miss the English tutorial when you went to Linux? I used the lightbrige terminal provided in the package to downloaded or should it use another app, or should it use a particular command? Please can you advise me? cordially Eric.R
Please Connect the pc to the internal serial port, power on the lb and post here the complete boot prints.
Your flashing log is a little bit strange because It seems that the process is repeated many times.

Do you want I Connect the pc to the internal serial port with the lightbridge terminal and power on the lb and post here the complete boot print?

Do you want I Connect the pc to the internal serial port with the lightbridge terminal and power on the lb and post here the complete boot print?
No, you don't have to use lightbridge terminal app, because "lightbridge terminal" app should be used only when you connect via USB cable to the upgrade port.
Please use another app like "Tera term" or equivalent one

Ok I will do that this afternoon with tera term through the usb convertisser serial line (FT232RL )....

Reactions: gaucho
ÿDM36x initialization passed!
UBL Product Vesion : DJI-GSP-UBL-1.0-rc10(2014-08-15)
Dji UBL Version: 1.51(Aug 15 2014 - 17:05:12)
Booting Catalog Boot Loader
BootMode = NAND
Starting NAND Copy...
Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x00000019.
Uboot Checksum:0x4BFF60A7
Actua Checksum:0x4BFF60A7

It's really strange, it seems there is no print after that lines. I expect instead a long list where it is shown the entire Linux boot process with any encountered error. Can you show the photo of your setup with soldering and cabling?

Looks bsle and 3.3v two cables with plug to connect to short cut or disconnect. And tx to tx ,rx to rx ,ground so..

Attachments

• 20170307_202811.jpg
    20170307_202811.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 489
  • 20170307_202818.jpg
    20170307_202818.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 466
  • 20170307_202840.jpg
    20170307_202840.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 437
  • 20170304_145531.jpg
    20170304_145531.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 509
your FT232RL have a jumper to work with 5V or 3,3V serials. Move the jumper on 3,3V, make a photo, use Tera term and post here the log

If now the log becomes big, repeat the procedure and post here the result

nothing more on 3.3v

DM36x initialization passed!
UBL Product Vesion : DJI-GSP-UBL-1.0-rc10(2014-08-15)
Dji UBL Version: 1.51(Aug 15 2014 - 17:05:12)
Booting Catalog Boot Loader
BootMode = NAND
Starting NAND Copy...
Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x00000019.
Uboot Checksum:0x4BFF60A7
Actua Checksum:0x4BFF60A7

Attachments

• teraterm_3.3v.jpg
    teraterm_3.3v.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 324
And when I connect lightbridge via usb upgrade to the "lightbridge terminal.....

Attachments

• lightbridge terminal.jpg
    lightbridge terminal.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 368
It's strange. Please, now that you moved the jumper on 3,3V repeat the flashing procedure, because it is possible that some byte was written in a wrong way due to wrong voltage level on the serial. Please post a picture of the position of the jumper now

I have not waited for you to ask me I have already done it and it has absolutely nothing changed to flash on
3.3 v

Attachments

• 20170308_173655.jpg
    20170308_173655.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 487
Try the following:
connect the upgrade USB port
open the terminal app and click the button To enable the serial port
type some Linux commands like ls or pwd

do you get any message from the board? Can you post here the log?

If you don't have access to Linux it means that for some reason your device is not booting for some reason, I suspect hardware fault.
If it is a software problem I don't know how to help you. Let me know

In 2 units that I repaired I obtain the following checksum:
Uboot Checksum:0x7E25B44B
Actua Checksum:0x7E25B44B

..and the valid magic number is the same.

If I was at your side I would try again to flash because if the checksum is different it means that the data is different...

Another doubt: try to run the executable as administrator or, better, if you have a pc with windows xp try with xp because the exe used to flash is quite old

Don't forget to hit Ctrl+C and relaunch the command if it don't complete the write process, as detailed in the procedure

Consider that when I don't see full log from friends I never trust they did it as I suggested :-D

Last edited:
Ok I'll test it all.

But just a question. Do you think that a thread with a bit unstable connection can generate this kind of problem? Although in the end a successful transfer message could have missing bytes transfers and not see it? Should I solder all the connections for better efficiency? Or that will not change anything?

Ok I'll test it all.

But just a question. Do you think that a thread with a bit unstable connection can generate this kind of problem? Although in the end a successful transfer message could have missing bytes transfers and not see it? Should I solder all the connections for better efficiency? Or that will not change anything?
The flash tool should have a checksum to verify written data, so it should avoid such problems but I can not be sure.
Wires must be welded on the LB side. On the other side I see you are using connector. If you don't move it during flash process it should be fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl