lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

sfh_DM36x.exe -nandflash -v -p "COM8" ?????????????????.img u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img

I'm looking for somebody which has been running P2V +

ubl1.img not working!!
dm6467_297_ubl.img not working!!
u-boot.img not working!!

20x flash not work
did u tried my ubl?

sfh_DM36x.exe -nandflash -v -p "COM8" ?????????????????.img u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img

I'm looking for somebody which has been running P2V +

ubl1.img not working!!
dm6467_297_ubl.img not working!!
u-boot.img not working!!

20x flash not work

your problem in a IMG file , you recovered ubl image , but you reflashed IMG file on nand , it is not good because now you need IMG file specially for you module.
ill try to help you but i need much more time for this

your problem in a IMG file , you recovered ubl image , but you reflashed IMG file on nand , it is not good because now you need IMG file specially for you module.
ill try to help you but i need much more time for this
@Phantom_p3 Andrew is telling you that you need a uboot for your device

Last edited:
@Phantom_p3 May be I can help you.
While you are booting press esc on the keyboard many times then, when you are on the prompt type the following command and post here the result:
md.b 0x81080000 0xffff

The printed bytes should correspond to the beginning of the uboot file annexed to my first post.

If this is true here it is the second question: do you have also a working unit?

While you are booting press esc on the keyboard many times then, when you are on the prompt type the following command and post here the result:
md.b 0x81080000 0xffff

The printed bytes should correspond to the beginning of the uboot file annexed to my first post.

If this is true here it is the second question: do you have also a working unit?

I have. and we are in the same area.
Yesterday I got it back from DJI. I performed some tests:
8x on and off the remote, RE700, P2 and check the live feed from the camera with older apk: 1.0.54 - worked
updated the apk to the latest 1.0.61 and do exactly the same - worked

never got the "update Range Extender" message from the vision app.

next:
try it out with 2 another RE700.
Unit is still under warranty.

I have. and we are in the same area.
Yesterday I got it back from DJI. I performed some tests:
8x on and off the remote, RE700, P2 and check the live feed from the camera with older apk: 1.0.54 - worked
updated the apk to the latest 1.0.61 and do exactly the same - worked

never got the "update Range Extender" message from the vision app.

next:
try it out with 2 another RE700.
Unit is still under warranty.
Did you welded the internal serial port?

tested the freshly serviced P2 V+ V3 with 3 different RE700s and 1.0.54 and 1.0.61 software.
after successful binding and reopening of the DJI vision app i got image.
never got the "upgrade range extender message" - if i got this i take a video on that.
all the testing was recorded in HD.

update:

I tested with the 1.0.60 version as well - no upgrade RE message showed up.
One of the RE700 showed black screen but after 2 rebindings and app restart it was working.

now i charge everything up and start the deep testing. all the 3 RE will be tested for hours of live streaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: xeonx
Hello again Gaucho. It seems every time I try to flash the nand I only get this far:

Target: DM36x initialization passed!
Target: UBL Product Vesion : DJI-ABP-SUPER-UBL-1.0-rc0(2014-08-25)
Target: Dji UBL Version: 1.51(Aug 26 2014 - 16:00:24)
Target: Booting Catalog Boot Loader
Target: BootMode = NAND
Target: Starting NAND Copy...
Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x00000019.
Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001B.
Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001D.
Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001F.
Target: No valid boot image found!
Target: NAND Boot failed.
Target: Aborting...

Any ideas on what might be happening? Looking at the u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img I see that the product version is different. Your modified version has
U-Boot Product Vesion : DJI-GSP-Uboot-%d.%d-rc%d(2014-07-23)

Could that have something to do with it? I'm trying to flash the air unit of the Lightbridge.

Thank you for any ideas.

Last edited:
md.b 0x81080000 0xffff

write command:

Attachments

• flash5.jpg
    flash5.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 504
  • flash6.jpg
    flash6.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 496
Hello again Gaucho. It seems every time I try to flash the nand I only get this far:

Target: DM36x initialization passed!
Target: UBL Product Vesion : DJI-ABP-SUPER-UBL-1.0-rc0(2014-08-25)
Target: Dji UBL Version: 1.51(Aug 26 2014 - 16:00:24)
Target: Booting Catalog Boot Loader
Target: BootMode = NAND
Target: Starting NAND Copy...
Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x00000019.
Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001B.
Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001D.
Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001F.
Target: No valid boot image found!
Target: NAND Boot failed.
Target: Aborting...

Any ideas on what might be happening? Looking at the u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img I see that the product version is different. Your modified version has
U-Boot Product Vesion : DJI-GSP-Uboot-%d.%d-rc%d(2014-07-23)

Could that have something to do with it? I'm trying to flash the air unit of the Lightbridge.

Thank you for any ideas.
You didn't flashed my ubl. Look at the name of my ubl inside my ubl file, you should find different name. Try to flash it again and post here the log while flashing.

write command:
write command:
Very good, Phantom_p3, you did the correct command and i checked that you flashed the file and the file is stored exactly where i supposed.
You did just one mistake: you saved a screenshot while we need the complete log next time. To save the complete log in text format you need a software like teraterm or hyperterminal (on these tools there is a dedicated function to automatically save the printed text to text file).
But this note was just for the future.

Do you have a working unit? if yes, open it and weld the internal serial line. then hit the following command in order to dump the uboot file to ascii:
md.b 0x81080000 0x48000
Note: the md.b command should be available only if you hit ESC while the unit is booting.
Take the saved text log file, compress it to zip format and upload it somewhere in order to allow me to download it.
Then I will convert the file to binary format and I will send it back to you in order to allow you to flash the broken LB.

Consider that the following may occour:
1) the unit may power off automatically while it is printing the data. Before to do it it will inform you with a beep sequence. At that moment you should connect the joystick and move the lever in order to avoid the automatic power off.

2)some of the printed characters may be wrong due to bad data transmission on the serial line.
In order to avoid such problems it is better if you repeat the process 3 times by saving 3 files, in order to allow me to compare the 3 obtained files and eventually correct some wrong bytes.

Last edited:
You didn't flashed my ubl. Look at the name of my ubl inside my ubl file, you should find different name. Try to flash it again and post here the log while flashing.

After trying several times I realized the log I'm seeing is from the air system itself. I found that out by viewing a terminal readout after launching the terminal window and powering up the air system. Running the flash command line I get the same log readout. So I'm at a loss. I've swapped the TX and RX to see if that helped but no luck. So it sounds like I don't have a bootable u-boot on the air system itself.

Could that be a dead air system?

I can still turn on the remote receiver and start the phantom motors, but nothing else. So it sounds like it's not completely dead. But not sure how to proceed?

Very good, Phantom_p3, you did the correct command and i checked that you flashed the file and the file is stored exactly where i supposed.
You did just one mistake: you saved a screenshot while we need the complete log next time. To save the complete log in text format you need a software like teraterm or hyperterminal (on these tools there is a dedicated function to automatically save the printed text to text file).

Do you have a working unit? if yes, open it and weld the internal serial line. then hit the following command in order to dump the uboot file to ascii:
md.b 0x81080000 0x48000
Note: the md.b command should be available only if you hit ESC while the unit is booting.
Take the saved text log file, compress it to zip format and upload it somewhere in order to allow me to download it.
Then I will convert the file to binary format and I will send it back to you in order to allow you to flash the broken LB.

1) the unit may power off automatically while it is printing the data. Before to do it it will inform you with a beep sequence. At that moment you should connect the joystick and move the lever in order to avoid the automatic power off.

2)some of the printed characters may be wrong due to bad data transmission on the serial line.
In order to avoid such problems it is better if you repeat the process 3 times by saving 3 files, in order to allow me to compare the 3 obtained files and eventually correct some wrong bytes.

Ok, thank you Renbo tomorrow I'll do it three times, and pockets here, I have a vision board +

md.b 0x81080000 0x48000
Then I will convert the file to binary format and I will send it back to you in order to allow you to flash the broken LB.http://www.phantompilots.com/ads/redirect?bannerId=183&url=https://www.unmannedsystemssource.com/ads-b-phantom-drones-uavs/?ref=phantompilot_banner&skipZone=0

md.b 0x81080000 0x48000

redy

Attachments

• Ascii_vision+.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
After trying several times I realized the log I'm seeing is from the air system itself. I found that out by viewing a terminal readout after launching the terminal window and powering up the air system. Running the flash command line I get the same log readout. So I'm at a loss. I've swapped the TX and RX to see if that helped but no luck. So it sounds like I don't have a bootable u-boot on the air system itself.

Could that be a dead air system?

I can still turn on the remote receiver and start the phantom motors, but nothing else. So it sounds like it's not completely dead. But not sure how to proceed?
Can you show the entire log of the flashing phase?

I save what is not working, but here is the command to do it md.b 0x81080000 0x48000

Attachments

• flash3.jpg
    flash3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 380

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers