Latest Firmware 1.10.90, any good ????

During test flight the video glitches wear still there. Then, mid-flight the app disconnected (went black and white) but the remote was still connected. Then after restarting the app the glitches are gone. Video stream is still stuttery, but that flight I had no more glitches. Wil try again soon.

This is due to DJI GO App conjunction with your device. free device (mobile or tablet ) storage as much as possible and make use of DJI GO 3.0.1

Updated GO app, drone, remote controller and batteries' firmware all to latest version last week, only just had time to fly it one battery earlier today, it flew fine :)

Getting ready to do this update on an advanced just doing a little research as to how many problems has been had with it. Just updated to current app last night. It's been 6 months since I've flown or even messed with the phantom so I don't stay in the "loop" as I should or as often.

1.9fw works perfectly fine for me. No reaso to update anymore. I really doubt that this new update will add my p3a an obstacle avoidance capabilities)))

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes I agree to an extent and waited a little, read some experiences. Decided to go ahead and take the plunge. I don't agree with being 4 to 5 updates behind because there is updates for a reason and if something did happen and you have old firmware.....just be another excuse for DJI to ignore any complaints because the aircraft wasn't on current firmware.
One question I have since I get busy and don't fly for 6 months...you forget some things.
Some firmware updates don't require the RC update correct?
Believe my transmitter is on 1.6.0. Is this current?
Have updated the RC the last few times through the go app and I'm not seeing any prompts. Where do I find current RC firmware info?

Actually just remembered. Amazing what you forget from not messing with it for awhile.
Updated to the 1.8 RC version.

Reactions: t2adze
Ouch... :eek:

Go App: 3.1.1
Version: 1.10.90
Remote version: 1.8.0

Just upgraded firmware and experienced the messed up camera feed described in this thread: Professional - Problem with new Phantom 3 new firmware 1.10.90
WTF??

Read thru here, and re-installed the Go app. And the video feed definitely seemed better!
Could still see some glitches, but I went out for a test flight...

Yep. still some video-glitches, but maybe not more then whats usable?.. -It is completely dark out now, so I thought I might give the camera some slack couse of that...

THEN! When i accelerated upwards, the bird just kept full throttle, did not respond to any input from the controller, and just flew away!!!!!!!
****! Hit the return home button, but still no response!! Just heard it disappear at full throttle!!!!!.... :eek:
Just a few seconds, and I had lost the signal behind trees an buildings...
****! ****! ****! :(:(:(

Went inside to grab my car keys. Thinking I could at least search at the area where the signal went away...

-Then the controller started beeping!...
I went outside again, and there I could hear the bird coming home!!! :D
Holy moly! -The return to home DID work after all!! YES!!

--

The Flight Log shows a bunch of "Satellite positioning off. Fly with Caution"
The .DAT files is such a pain getting out that I haven't looked at them..

After a while the video feed went back to totally useless again!!!...
Here's a video of the mess:

Seems like this update made my Phantom go from amazing to useless!!!... :(
Someone said its possible to downgrade to v1.8. -Do you know where to find that one?

Any help is deeply appreciated!

/Orre

Someone said its possible to downgrade to v1.8. -Do you know where to find that one?
Unfortunately, DJI has stated that there are no rollbacks once you've gone to 1.10. Several here have confirmed this to be true. That's via normal means of course, but unofficial methods for downgrading have been emerging recently. Hopefully DJI will go back to allowing rollbacks with the next FW update if there is one.

If you want to try yourself anyway, 1.8 is still displayed on the DJI web site, or you can download 1.8 or other legacy versions directly from DJI at this link.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Thanks for the link Oso! (Don't know how I missed that...) :p

Tried by holding "RC-link-button" while power up. It's been standing with its annoying beeping for a while now. -and is doing some different light signals now and then, so I just let it stand for a while... See whats happening... :rolleyes:

/Orre

Did the firmware update, updated batteries and updated remote controller. I haven't updated any of these in probably 6 months. I figured, hell, I'll give it a go and if it improves anything, great. If it breaks it, well I have been wanting a mavic pro, lol.

Anyway, so far, not terrible. I had one issue today.. I was flying my batteries down for storage for a couple weeks as I had just charged them to full before Christmas in anticipation of any flying for the holiday (which I didn't). 3 batteries, all 85%+ charged.

Flight one, solid. No issues.
Flight two, I got out about 800ft and, although my indicators showed max reception on controller and video feed, my video feed stopped working. I just got a single frame sort of.. stuttering. I thought it might be the drone, so I brought it back. Luckily I wasn't far out. Feed never came back. Landed, turned the drone off and back on, still the same frame. Turn the controller off, then on.. still the same frame. I had to force close the application, DJI GO, then reopen for it to reset. So I can only assume it's the app.
Flight three, solid again, Zero issues.

I did uninstall the DJI GO app and reinstall it as soon as I went inside to review logs. I was recording video when the fail happened, and the video on the micro sd card had no issues. So I assume the firmware was good. I will report back if it happens again. I'm hoping this was a one time thing and that the reinstall of the app fixed it.

My info:
P3P - all current on updates
Nvidia K1 Shield w/ current DJI GO

Reactions: drr324
Didn't have any luck with downgrading the bird...
(All this DJI firmware stuff just seem so extremely retrograde!!) :mad:

I was thinking:
I did do the update at the RC first, and the quad afterwards...
And I cannot swear the RC was off when installing from SD to quad.. o_O
Is it possible this has messed things up?
Could it then at least be possible to reset/downgrade the RC??...

I found re-installing the Go-app didn't do nothing for me anyway. Now live video-feed is totally messed up after being connected just a minute or so!. :(
@Krazzor Good on you that you weren't out of sight!...

Also experienced fallout of the connection between quad and rc after just standing next to each other for a while...
(I sure don't dare to fly at this point! -just testing at my office...)

And now imagine you didnt upgrade and people here tell you its better to upgrade. At least you had stable working Phantom.

I am staying with whatever i am at. 1.9. 1.8. 3.0.0.
No more updates for me. Ever.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Didn't remember the RC downgrade procedure...
-In Go-app home screen - Hold the menu-button at top right.
This gave me the option to downgrade to 1.6 or 1.5.80.

I did the 1.5.80, and it seems the live video feed problem went away!! (At least it didn't came back for the five minutes i waited)

As the "Ready-button" in top of screen showed the read "Upgrade necessary" again, I try and upgraded to v1.8 again..
Been just a few minutes now, and it seems like picture is starting to brake up again....

We'll. Hopefully I just need to downgrade the RC again to make it work then!
I'll investigate further to morrow.

/Orre

Didn't remember the RC downgrade procedure...
-In Go-app home screen - Hold the menu-button at top right.
This gave me the option to downgrade to 1.6 or 1.5.80.

I did the 1.5.80, and it seems the live video feed problem went away!! (At least it didn't came back for the five minutes i waited)

As the "Ready-button" in top of screen showed the read "Upgrade necessary" again, I try and upgraded to v1.8 again..
Been just a few minutes now, and it seems like picture is starting to brake up again....

We'll. Hopefully I just need to downgrade the RC again to make it work then!
I'll investigate further to morrow.

/Orre
FYI that RC 1.6 was released with AC 1.8 when the encryption was changed. Since you are locked at 1.10 on your AC, you will need a minimum of 1.6 on your RC to have matching encryption.

YES! :D

"Downgraded" RC to v.1.6 and went out and flew two full batteries.
All seem to work just fine now so thank you ..... well... thanks anyone but DJI!!! :triumph:

Have tried all tricks I have found, and tried quad firmware 1.4, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 without luck...
Why the häll DJI is fooling their customers in this matter i surely cant understand... Bandits!... :angry:

Just holding thumbs that I never have to encounter another flyaway ever again!!

Thanks for the forum guys!!:sunglasses:

/Orre

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT