Problem with new Phantom 3 new firmware 1.10.90

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 Professional has been working perfectly for more than one year, but after upgrading to firmware 1.10.90 the camera did not work properly, it is showing garbage on my display. Lines jumping all over the place and changing colors. I have tried everything, different devices, locations and bunch or other things.
I contacted DJI several times, but without success. One of the guys told me to downgrade the firmware to the previews one, which I tried several times, but the aircraft did not recognize the downgrade. It kept telling me that I had the latest firmware.
Does anybody know how to downgrade the firmware? or has any idea how to fix this problem?
thank you for any help,
Felix Garcia

Don't know how to fix your problem, but there have been numerous post here that you can't downgrade after installing 1.10!

Thank you,

Later today I found out that DJI has a problem with 1.10.90 and they are trying to fix it. You are right, I also found out that once you upgrade to the 1.10.90 is not possible to go back. They told me that I must wait until the problem is fixed.

Thank you again for the info.

Felix Garcia

I'm having the same problem with the new firmware. Display on my phone (any device I tried) is acting up with nothing by gibberish. I contacted DJI and they gave me a laundry list of things to try without any success. However, the video feed is good through the HDMI output to my Fat Shark goggles. I called DJI asking for a way to revert back to the previous firmware without any luck, Guess I just have to use the drone only with my Goggles til they release the next firmware update in the next 3 to 4 months.

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

When I contacted them the first two or three times, they tried to distract me with a bunch of none sense. Finally, they admitted they had a problem and that I must wait for the fixing. I think they want to keep this problem secret to protect the Phantom 3 Christmas sales.

I ran into the crazy camera behavior on 1.10 as well. Autopilot on the iPad worked fine. Others report that Litchi is OK. So this appears to be the combination of the DJI Go app and the firmware.

I upgraded to 1.10 last night and then panicked when I read this post. This morning I fired everything up in the house and the video is fine. Using DJI Go on Android 6.0.1.

I have been using Litchi for a long time, but now I still have the same problem using the 1.10.90.
I have tried this new firmware with 3 different Android units, and still the problem persist. I started using my Drone more than a year ago, and never had any problems.

Litchi and even DJI Go sometimes look that they are going to work, but if you wait long enough they both fail.
Long enough meaning 5 or 10 minutes.

Took my P3P out for a flight today using my Fat Shark goggles since the phone is only displaying gibberish. I used the Litche app and the connection to the app failed. However, I still had control of the drone (Thank God cause It was 4000 ft away). This never happened with the old firmware. On the second flight I used DJI GO. This time the app started acting up at about 500 ft away. Guess I'm not going to use my drone anymore til this gets addressed. However, I did cancel a drone order from DJI because of this.

i replaced gimbal and camera on my p3 pro after a little incident. easy install of the unit, upgraded to 1.10.90, no prob. went up for a 6 minute test flight today, 51 degrees 12 kts. wind and about every 1.5 minutes my camera points down then back to normal. did this 4 times during flight. landed fine, when i took the copter inside to view the video on my ipad2 monitor i touched the small round side of the camera and it was really hot. could'nt keep your finger on it hot...i would think up at 300 feet in those temps and wind it would have no problem staying cool. anyone come across this before? thanks....

I'm staying on firmware 1.9 but I noticed changing colors and garbage in my live view after I upgraded my controller. I down graded it and it's back to normal. I'm staying put on this firmware for controller and old dji app... cause I just gotta have my google maps

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry to bring up again but has anyone seen an update. I upgraded last night to 1.10.90 and now I can't live stream to my phone. The phantom still takes photos/videos but i'm flying blind as my screen is just black :-(

Hi.

Downgrading the Radio Controller software seem to work for me!
Just flew two full batteries without any glitch! :)

- In the Go-App home-screen (when pics of DJI aircrafts is showing)
- Hold the menu-button at top right until you get the downgrade options. (If no options try restart RC and App.)
- Apparently you should use v. 1.6

Ps. Maybe it's a good idea to re-install the Go-app too...

Good Luck! :sunglasses:
/Orre

Reactions: FDCChief
Hello to all guys, I'm new to the forum. I read in the discussion that I too like you have the same problem of interference to the video after updating the firmware to the latest version. I contacted the technicians of DJI but after the evidence they have told me to do the result is not changed. I follow the discussion in case there are updates about, while I keep doing tests .... hoping to fix the problem.

@Marchetto So my solution obviously didn't work for you.. Sorry to hear that.
I am curious about what DJI told you to do!? -Please tell!

/Orre

This is the answer you have given me DJI :

Dear Marco,

Thank you for your email.

We recommend that you reset your camera settings back to the default settings.

• Launch DJI GO app > Camera View > Menu > Settings > Reset camera settings.

We also would like to know if these are photos saved on the SD card?

Please advise us at your most convenient time.

Best Regards,
Apple M.
DJI NL TECHNICAL SUPPORT

After trying what they have advised me nothing has changed, I contacted them and their response was this:

Dear Marco,

Thank you for your email.

We recommend that you do the following:

• please try flying in different locations, preferably one that does not have environmental interference.
  • please try using another device, preferably one of the recommended devices.
  • please sync your flight records, once successfully synced , please uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO app.

Please let us know should you need further assistance.

Best Regards,
Apple M.
DJI NL TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Ok. So they didn't acknowledge the faulty update at all... :(

The advises they have given though, is of course some baby-steps in troubleshooting for a novice.
But if you told them the problem appeared after the upgrade, it is some bloody arrogant answers!!

A LOT of people have had problems with DJI stupid update policy over the years! -Maybe every single buyer at some point?... And this last one isn't even revocable!!???
How the h_ll is this business idea possible?? :rage:

@Marchetto Can you confirm downgrade RC firmware didn't work for you?

Ps.) When I asked for help at the DJI chat, the "supporter" just went away when he understood what my questions was about!?... :confused:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20