Latest Firmware 1.10.90, any good ????

I am having problems with this update. At the moment I do not recommend it. I'm just asking for help now to solve that. The rc stopped working and in the status bar says "Signal lost" ..

Sent from my GT-I9192 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am having problems with this update. At the moment I do not recommend it. I'm just asking for help now to solve that. The rc stopped working and in the status bar says "Signal lost" ..

Give us more details like when did you notice signal lost etc. Reason could be something different. Give a snapshot of all the versions you see on DJI Go app.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What the story with the latest firmware guys any good.

I'm seeing substantial improvements on the intermittent compass errors. Need more tests to confirm it. Keep fingers crossed.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Oso
I upgraded this morning, went for a quick flight with no problems. Although, I just bought this drone yesterday, so I have no solid baseline. Signal cut out at ~4500 ft away on P3P.

Please keep a watch and let us know if you see compass error, GPS loss, switching to ATTI mode even with good GPS count.......

Please report back if you get any one of the issue listed above and you don't find a reason for it.

Glad I read PPF before doing any updates, mine works fine and the new FW just adds a couple of non needed features

I updated my brand new phantom3 pro 2 days ago wit 1.10.9 and got the problem no connection from dji app to RC . Anybody got a hint?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just updated to 1.10.90 firmware and had an uneventful flight. About a 15 minute litchi mission. I did have one spurious compass error during flight with the previous firmware - so hope they have fixed this. Notes indicate:
1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports.
2. Optimized HDR+RAW format photos.
3. Improved motor performance to prevent occasional overheating resulting from a motor stall.
4. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Reactions: sinxa
I know its been mentioned in a few of the other "FW 1.10" threads, but it concerns me that DJI has stated we can't downgrade from 1.10 once its installed. That's via normal means of course, but unofficial methods for downgrading have been emerging recently.

Based on DJI's demonstrated past behavior with regards to FW, it worries me a bit when I think about what may be included in 1.10 but not mentioned in the release notes. If something unexpected happens, we may not be able to go back to 1.9.

On the other hand, it also makes me wonder if there is something they know about 1.9 that they are not sharing. They've demonstrated similar questionable behavior in the past when they left 1.5 on their main download page even when it was widely known that 1.5 was causing crashes and 1.6 had already been released to fix it.

So far indications are that 1.10 is stable, but for me the jury is still out. As always, just my humble opinion.

12/12/16 EDIT: The jury for me is now leaning towards suggesting to not update yet. In the last week since I made this original post, I have seen too many ESC errors reported here and also on the DJI forum immediately following an update to 1.10. I'd like to better understand the root cause of these issues before giving my personal green light to FW 1.10. Of course, my opinion doesn't really mean too much. Everyone needs to choose for themselves. Cheers!

Last edited:
Give us more details like when did you notice signal lost etc. Reason could be something different. Give a snapshot of all the versions you see on DJI Go app.

1480890884086.png
1480890954488.png
1480891088978.png

Also just upgraded to the latest fw last night but haven't been able to fly much yet.

I have also read that this v 1.10 firmware requires the controller and app to be updated to the latest versions as well. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know its been mentioned in a few of the other "FW 1.10" threads, but it concerns me that DJI has stated we can't downgrade from 1.10 once its installed.

Based on DJI's demonstrated past behavior with regards to FW, it worries me a bit when I think about what may be included in 1.10 but not mentioned in the release notes. If something unexpected happens, we may not be able to go back to 1.9.

On the other hand, it also makes me wonder if there is something they know about 1.9 that they are not sharing. They've demonstrated similar questionable behavior in the past when they left 1.5 on their main download page even when it was widely known that 1.5 was causing crashes and 1.6 had already been released to fix it.

So far indications are that 1.10 is stable, but for me the jury is still out. As always, just my humble opinion.

I believe DJI has revised the various drivers now and thus reverting back to earlier version is not allowed. It's a major change.

It seems braking torques also have been limited in normal modes, this would definitely reduce stressing on mechanical mounting parts.

There are many unknowns as we know DJI believes in keeping their mouths shut [emoji850] .

Upgraded this afternoon , took maybe 15 minutes , all looks well but won't be able to test till Monday , P3P!

Do you know RC version? Is your dji Go app is connected to RC thru a good cable?

Thank you very much for your answer! The version of my RC is the GL300B. The cable is the original DJI. I tried another and it was worse. I have camera and gimbal response but I can't take off the aircraft.

I mean what's the FW version on your RC?

You need to go step by step.

Start RC then AC and then DJI Go app.

Check if the LED on RC is solid green. If not then you got to link RC to AC first.

If LED is green, what's the status on your DJI Go ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31