Its Official.......the P4 has made me insane

Reaction score
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have a Phantom 4. The video quality is horrific, actually I can't really type what I want to without the swear filter kicking in. I have tried all the excuses, dlog, - sat, - contrast, -sharpening, shutter this, shutter that.

Lets all really step up and man up with the fact that these Phantom 4 are not as advertised. I see too many people concerned about the quality to the point that I am thinking DJI engineers are wondering "how the f#%k are we gunna get out of this mess"

There are no magic settings to change or what to.......the firmware is either screwed up or the manufacturer has stuffed up the video section of these drones.

I am warning all people I work with to not purchase these drones.

If you are thinking of buying one, take hint of the concerns of other users and keep your cash in your pocket.

You have been cautioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: peterepeat69
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have a Phantom 4. The video quality is horrific, actually I can't really type what I want to without the swear filter kicking in. I have tried all the excuses, dog, - sat, - contrast, -sharpening, shutter this, shutter that.

Lets all really step up and man up with the fact that these Phantom 4 are not as advertised. I see too many people concerned about the quality to the point that I am thinking DJI engineers are wonder "how the f#%k are we gunna get out of this mess"

There are no magic settings to change or what to.......the firmware is either screwed up or the manufacturer has stuffed up the video section of these drones.

I am warning all people I work with to not purchase these drones.

If you are thinking of buying one, take hint of the concerns of other users and keep your cash in your pocket.

You have been cautioned.
Can you post a sample? Horrific how?

If youre the only one with horrific video wouldn't the problem be specific to your Phantom? Is anyone else experiencing horrible video quality?

trees, grasses, bushes all from up high looks like pastel chalk art....very disgusting. Buildings seem to look ok, but anything organic is just plain rot.

these drones imo should only be worth $800, seriously cheap chinese crap along with super poor tech support.......hang on.....what tech support. i nearly had to use microsoft translator to try and convey my question.

Can you tell I am upset?

these drones imo should only be worth $800, seriously cheap chinese crap along with super poor tech support.......hang on.....what tech support. i nearly had to use microsoft translator to try and convey my question.

Can you tell I am upset?
Advertised as similar spec to P3P with improved optics. Foliage and grass can look off (60mbs is on the low side for 4K video) but not disgusting.

You may have got a bad unit.

No use being upset. Do something about it. If it's new get a replacement.

Reactions: David Tolsky
I bought a Phantom to have fun flying & grabbing video. I find the video quality perfectly acceptable for my purposes. I didn't purchase it to film "Lord of the Drones" or the next big cinema flick. You could have spend $800 had you selected a Phantom 3 Advanced or caught a deal on a Phantom 3 Pro. If you expect cinema-quality then plan on purchasing an Inspire Pro with an X5. You won't achieve your desired result with a $1400 pro-sumer device. When you find the professional level device that meets your standards please stop back & let us know what you paid.

Can you tell I am upset?

Dirty Bird, you comment is perfectly true and acceptable. But........................ the quality that these things are giving is far below the price category. Compared to the Phantom 3, there is a huge difference in image quality in the two cameras. The p4 having the lesser image quality.

Thanks for the comment though. :)

Being as my video is intended for YouTube I am used to compression when recording large bland areas like water, trees, grass, etc.. Also the moire effects when recording buildings, roofs, etc.. with straight repetitive lines. As with my audio tastes, I don't consider myself a video connoisseur looking for absolute perfection. Perhaps you have a faulty unit or you are expecting more than the P4 is capable of delivering? In another post you mentioned the P3 had better image quality so perhaps the best solution is to return the P4 & pick up a P3?

Dirty Bird, you comment is perfectly true and acceptable. But........................ the quality that these things are giving is far below the price category. Compared to the Phantom 3, there is a huge difference in image quality in the two cameras. The p4 having the lesser image quality.

Thanks for the comment though. :)

Dirty Bird, thanks for the reply. I am not a connoisseur, I am just not happy with the level of detail being captured by these drones. No, I don't need it for cinematic blockbuster, but I have had friends ask "why do the trees look weird" If i wanted a "home movie" grade camera for stuffing around at home and youtube i would of wen t the way of a parrot drone.

Do a search and find yourself a P2V FPV image and check that FPV quality.

You'll feel a lot better.

lol, the range is exciting,....lol...you got me on that. The bloody drone flies like a top bit of gear, the video just let me down.

Oh I hate these threads, they scare me considering I just got my P4 delivered and haven't powered it up yet (just waiting for my Sheild K1 to show up today)......so many bad reviews and lemons. On the other hand I don't think that everyone who has a good one post a positive thread either. Keeping my fingers crossed

yannicksjh, I sincerely hope you are one of the lucky ones......but I don't have to be obi wan kenobi with the force to know you are gunna be in the same **** heap as the rest of us. sorry, no point putting sugar on top. Just wish i found this forum before i wasted the cash.

A lot has to do with the settings you accept when you launch. I have helped people with their photos even when they are undersaturated. The post production photo you have could be easily improved with Photoshop. Feel free to send it to be, and a simple clarification buffer will make it a lot clearer. I tell you what, I will screen capture your photo, not even the true photo being sent, and see what I can do. Then, I will re-post them here for you to take a look at. I only shoot in RAW because you can improve it in post processing, where a jpeg is already at certain limits. I will try to get this done for you in a little while. Our family moved from Louisiana to North Carolina, and we are getting out household goods delivered today.

Let me be very clear on this.

The photo capture of the drone works a treat, i can't find any flaws in it. I completely love it.

The video capture is a whole kettle of fish in disaster. Thats the problem. As i mentioned, i have tried every conceivable approach, even importing the footage in FCPX, Adobe Prem CC, and also Davinci Resolve....all were unable to bring the lost pixels back from sensor heaven.

Just fly, capture your own moments, form your own opinion, & enjoy yourself. Personally I can live with this...

Oh I hate these threads, they scare me considering I just got my P4 delivered and haven't powered it up yet (just waiting for my Sheild K1 to show up today)......so many bad reviews and lemons. On the other hand I don't think that everyone who has a good one post a positive thread either. Keeping my fingers crossed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl