Its Official.......the P4 has made me insane

Well I've been on another thread comparing my p3a with phantom 4 raw video, the video I've witnessed is below standard, still can't explain why, but I'm very concerned for p4 owners, hope they haven't been ripped off, but then again, it's a Chinese designed and made product, how do we know the true quality that comes out of the factory?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have a Phantom 4. The video quality is horrific, actually I can't really type what I want to without the swear filter kicking in. I have tried all the excuses, dog, - sat, - contrast, -sharpening, shutter this, shutter that.

Lets all really step up and man up with the fact that these Phantom 4 are not as advertised. I see too many people concerned about the quality to the point that I am thinking DJI engineers are wonder "how the f#%k are we gunna get out of this mess"

There are no magic settings to change or what to.......the firmware is either screwed up or the manufacturer has stuffed up the video section of these drones.

I am warning all people I work with to not purchase these drones.

If you are thinking of buying one, take hint of the concerns of other users and keep your cash in your pocket.

You have been cautioned.
Though 4K is only 60mbs I think it looks ok.. I certainly do not think it looks horrific. What are you comparing it to.. An Arri Alexa?!!! lol You've posted no video to substantiate your claims. You're just scaremongering.

Maybe the only thing that is official is the fact that you're a lunatic?!

Reactions: David Tolsky
LOL, no I am not scaremongering. If it was just me pulling these posts out of thin air you could say that. Do you research and you will see it also has appeared in the Inspire 1 section too. I believe its a shoddy firmware update( similar to a microsoft update) but much worse. The problem is that the support people don't have a level of concern like brands such as apple or microsoft and so hoping for a firmware fix is like waiting for Darth Vader to return from the dead.

Reactions: peterepeat69
Reactions: Phantom4man
Updates updates updates, never do them for that reason, they fxxxxxck up everything.

Dirty Bird, you comment is perfectly true and acceptable. But........................ the quality that these things are giving is far below the price category. Compared to the Phantom 3, there is a huge difference in image quality in the two cameras. The p4 having the lesser image quality.

Thanks for the comment though. :)
The quality YOURS is giving, I get your pissed, but lumping perfectly good phantoms in with the lemon, it's obviously messed up, isn't fair. I have a brand spamming new 9 series 65" curved 4K UHD tv, and it looks pretty impressive coming off a small tiny camera, it's not 4K BlueRay, but my family who doesn't have 4K TVs, were blown away by the pictures we took on a BBQ night the wife and I had.
I feel for you, what you can't exchange it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Will put something together tomorrow. This bloody thing has drained too much work time.

LOL, no I am not scaremongering. If it was just me pulling these posts out of thin air you could say that. Do you research and you will see it also has appeared in the Inspire 1 section too. I believe its a shoddy firmware update( similar to a microsoft update) but much worse. The problem is that the support people don't have a level of concern like brands such as apple or microsoft and so hoping for a firmware fix is like waiting for Darth Vader to return from the dead.
I understand that but there appears to be a majority that do not share the same concerns. I do not believe this is firmware because we would all have the same problem. I feel the Image quality of my P4 is perfectly acceptable for what it is.. I probably more than most is more concerned with image quality as I work in postproduction in the film industry, so always critical of Cameras I buy. However I'll admit there are other concerns regarding the aircraft such as gimbal squeaks and body cracks which have been reported by a fairly large number of users.

To me it looks bad ***. Dlog how ever might have a glitch
What are the settings on this? What it graded or edited, or just straight from P4?

Your level of detail and sharpness/clarity is far superior to my P4's.... there's definitely some jello-ish flicker issues, but **** I wish mine looked like that. Best evidence so far I got a less-than-optimal copy.

Btw, I use FCPX, and there's a flicker-free plugin that works great on phantom footage that has any sort of shakey/flashiness.

To me it looks bad ***. Dlog how ever might have a glitch
I watched more, you also have the same problem as I think all P4's, which is the noise that's introduced when tilting. Look at the shadows especially when tilting up/down, things start to dance around and come alive in a horrible way. P3's never did this.

Dirty Bird, thanks for the reply. I am not a connoisseur, I am just not happy with the level of detail being captured by these drones. No, I don't need it for cinematic blockbuster, but I have had friends ask "why do the trees look weird" If i wanted a "home movie" grade camera for stuffing around at home and youtube i would of wen t the way of a parrot drone.
Are you shooting at 24 fps?

I watched more, you also have the same problem as I think all P4's, which is the noise that's introduced when tilting. Look at the shadows especially when tilting up/down, things start to dance around and come alive in a horrible way. P3's never did this.
Sorry this is not.my video found it on YouTube

you seem like you like the p4 as much as I like the smart phones

Will put something together tomorrow. This bloody thing has drained too much work time.

No need to put something together nor produce multiple clips with music, just upload a 20 second sample, ANYTHING. Otherwise you're a suspected troll. Put up or shut up. Then we can diagnose the problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj