ItElite Dual Band Antenna for Phantom 4 Pro Coming Soon!

View attachment 81349 View attachment 81350 View attachment 81351 If you don't want to invest in amplifiers, HwaYaoTek has an excellent solution for both omni and directional antennas. They don't require a special mount. The panel antenna is 12dBi and the omni is 7dBi. HWT is a company that designs microwave cables, connectors and antennas. Being DJI enthusiasts, they design their antennas specifically for the DJI Pro series. Both antennas are dual band 2.4/5.8GHz. Each antenna is tested for dBi on an Agilent microwave network analyzer and the report is printed out and furnished with the kit so you know what you're antenna is capable of, under ideal conditions. There are videos on youtube showing the antennas in use. You can fins the directional and omni kits on Amazon for $69.95 and $39.95, respectively. Search for HwaYaoTek. The kit includes everything you need to install. The mounts make it simple to change between the omni and the directional. I have used both but have nothing to compare them against except the stock DJI omnis. I live in a heavily wooded area and the signal penetration is excellent with the directional antenna. They are very well made. They also have a new directional antenna kit for the Mavic Pro that is available. Check out the company: hwayaotekusa.com
How hard are these to put together?

Will this antenna be out before the Phantom 5 comes along?

I would sure hope so!!!! Haha! ItElite shipped us the fourth prototype last week. We should have it by the end of the week.

How would it compare to this

Phantom 4 PRO/PRO+ (Plus) Dual Helical Antenna Modification Remote Upg

In my experience antenna mods only do seriously better with some fire on the wire with boosters. Other than that, the antenna mods alone are hit and miss for doing much better than the stock antennas and at that point why bother. But I really hate the hoopla of boosters and batteries and the whole rig being more complex. Compromise, but it sure can be worth it.

How hard are these to put together?

There are several videos showing the process of opening up a Phantom controller and exposing the components that need to be removed/replaced and then reassemble the unit. The most important things you have to be very patient with: read all the directions first and make sure you have all the tools needed. The only tool that will not be supplied with the kit is a pair of pliers to remove the DJI antennas. You have to squeeze the inside tabs of the antennas and then pull the antenna away from the controller. It will feel like they are not going to come out but they will. The instructions tell you to remove the right dial/button actuator. I would include disconnecting the circuit board connection for the actuator first. The flat ribbon cables are VERY fragile and will break if stretched. Take your time on each step and especially cutting or removing the silicone that keeps the cables in place. If you slip with your knife, you'll cut a cable. If you have a pair of hemostats or forceps (alligator forceps are best - available on Amazon for $12), you can take small "bites" of the silicone and remove it without worrying about coming too close to the cables. If you get frustrated, walk away and resume the process later. Keep separate containers for each set of screws you remove, so you know where they go. You can look on Youtube for a video of ARGtek antenna mods and start stop with each step (not the same antennas but the process is nearly the same. The kits include a link to a set of step-by-step instructions and pictures of the process. There are really no electronic skills required but if you do not have good manual dexterity with small components, don't try to install the kit. Find someone who knows how and will do it for you. You can contact the seller, on Amazon, and ship the product and your controller to them and they will install it for you, for a $35 fee plus USPS Priority shipping and insurance (via PayPal). Insure your controller and kit for replacement cost, in case they get damaged during shipment. A Phantom 4 Pro controller is $319 from DJI.

There are several videos showing the process of opening up a Phantom controller and exposing the components that need to be removed/replaced and then reassemble the unit. The most important things you have to be very patient with: read all the directions first and make sure you have all the tools needed. The only tool that will not be supplied with the kit is a pair of pliers to remove the DJI antennas. You have to squeeze the inside tabs of the antennas and then pull the antenna away from the controller. It will feel like they are not going to come out but they will. The instructions tell you to remove the right dial/button actuator. I would include disconnecting the circuit board connection for the actuator first. The flat ribbon cables are VERY fragile and will break if stretched. Take your time on each step and especially cutting or removing the silicone that keeps the cables in place. If you slip with your knife, you'll cut a cable. If you have a pair of hemostats or forceps (alligator forceps are best - available on Amazon for $12), you can take small "bites" of the silicone and remove it without worrying about coming too close to the cables. If you get frustrated, walk away and resume the process later. Keep separate containers for each set of screws you remove, so you know where they go. You can look on Youtube for a video of ARGtek antenna mods and start stop with each step (not the same antennas but the process is nearly the same. The kits include a link to a set of step-by-step instructions and pictures of the process. There are really no electronic skills required but if you do not have good manual dexterity with small components, don't try to install the kit. Find someone who knows how and will do it for you. You can contact the seller, on Amazon, and ship the product and your controller to them and they will install it for you, for a $35 fee plus USPS Priority shipping and insurance (via PayPal). Insure your controller and kit for replacement cost, in case they get damaged during shipment. A Phantom 4 Pro controller is $319 from DJI.
All the videos show the inside controller mod but not how to hook antenna. I assume it pushes on to one end of the connectors? Not sure why there were two pair of connectors, one long one short.

Here is exactly how it would compare to that:

www.drone-world-scams.com

I'd run away from those lying clowns at drone-world if I were you.

In my experience antenna mods only do seriously better with some fire on the wire with boosters. Other than that, the antenna mods alone are hit and miss for doing much better than the stock antennas and at that point why bother. But I really hate the hoopla of boosters and batteries and the whole rig being more complex. Compromise, but it sure can be worth it.

Reactions: John Locke
Then, hopefully, I have some credibility, when I say that the P4P, when set up properly, using Auto 5.8Ghz, does not need any range extender, unless you first add a battery mod, as the 4+ mile stock range already exceeds the battery capacity. The P4 absolutely needs a DBS-02 with boosters on 2.4Ghz. Flown over the exact same route, the P4P in Auto 5.8Ghz, with a $15 windsurfer, performs perfectly in its stock configuration. 4 miles away last night. :cool:
View attachment 80436

I'd like to know the configuration or settings for these results. I've yet to be able to get over 1 mile of range in 5.8ghz auto with mine in urban areas and only about 2 miles in the deserts of Arizona with absolutely nothing higher than an ankle shrub in the way.

Dunno what I'm doing wrong when I see all these 4+ mile long posts it leaves me scratching my head

I'd like to know the configuration or settings for these results. I've yet to be able to get over 1 mile of range in 5.8ghz auto with mine in urban areas and only about 2 miles in the deserts of Arizona with absolutely nothing higher than an ankle shrub in the way.

Dunno what I'm doing wrong when I see all these 4+ mile long posts it leaves me scratching my head
What's with the -13 feet height?

Holy crap! Thanks a bunch for the heads up! I got all my P3 stuff from maxxuav.com and I'll keep an eye on them in the future.

All the videos show the inside controller mod but not how to hook antenna. I assume it pushes on to one end of the connectors? Not sure why there were two pair of connectors, one long one short.

When you have your controller apart, you'll see that the short coaxial cable goes to the antenna port on the right and the long one to the left. Replace the one on the right with the same route as the original. For the left, the route is not as important as ensuring there is enough length to snap into its connector on the circuit board and does not interfere with putting the top of the case of the controller back. The new antenna connectors are miniature RF connectors (they're called SMA connectors) just like a cable TV connector. They have female threads and the antenna has male threads. Simply screw the female connectors onto the male connectors to attach the antenna. The mount has been designed to be more than adequate support for the weight of the antenna. If you have a set of the HwaYaoTek Omni antennas, each of them fasten to the same connectors. HwaYaoTek designs and manufactures the microwave cable and connectors. Just like the antennas, each cable is tested on a microwave analyzer before being part of a one of their antenna kits.

Reactions: bkushner

The antennas depicted as dual helical are actually a hemi-speherical helical design with circular polarization (like the DJI omni antennas). It confounds me how they could ever be conceived to mount facing the the drone. These types of antennas are often used in the Remote Control (RC) world as vertically mounted antennas, since the propagation is circular. If you see the dome-shaped antennas on FPV goggles, they are all mounted vertically. Using the antennas in a dipole design, as depicted, increases the range of the propagation but also narrows the beam width. You would need to turn your controller so the antennas are perpendicular to the drone, for them to be effective or the drone would need to be directly overhead. Hemispherical designed antennas are what most handheld two-way radios use because the hemispherical design decrease the length of the antenna to achieve 1/4 wavelength of the frequency they are designed to receive and transmit. The diameter of the coil and the distance between coil segments are critical to determine the frequency band.

I don't trust any antenna manufacturer (DJI does not manufacture their antennas) who doesn't show me the propagation pattern of the signal and the measured dBi of the antenna design.

Last edited:
I tried to squeeze the two ends if the antenna ends together but that didn't work.
took an xato knife and cut the ends off them and slid them out.

If you mean the Phantom 4 Pro, yes. They were designed for the 4 Pro/3 Pro/3 Advanced, with dual band 2.4/5.8GHz bands. Both the Omni and the Directional are dipole antennas, just like the DJI antennas.

Do you have a question or comment about antenna design or performance
Just wondering why you wouldn't start your own thread then as opposed to advertise your product in a competitor's thread. Seems poor form to me.

Do you have a useful comment, suggestion, or question about antennas for the Phantom 4 Pro? I think MaxxUAV's antennas and amplified setups are very good units. Itelite is an excellent antenna designer/manufacturer and Sunhans is the premier designer of two-way amplifiers for drones.

dont forget the Titan Conquer, amplified 14 dbi directional and omni directional antenna mod. Mine works great, 5km full signal RC and Video. I guess its horses for courses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart