ItElite Dual Band Antenna for Phantom 4 Pro Coming Soon!

Then, hopefully, I have some credibility, when I say that the P4P, when set up properly, using Auto 5.8Ghz, does not need any range extender, unless you first add a battery mod, as the 4+ mile stock range already exceeds the battery capacity. The P4 absolutely needs a DBS-02 with boosters on 2.4Ghz. Flown over the exact same route, the P4P in Auto 5.8Ghz, with a $15 windsurfer, performs perfectly in its stock configuration. 4 miles away last night. :cool:
View attachment 80436

I get questions every day regarding the P4P antenna and currently over 300 people signed up to be notified when it's available. I'll admit, 5.8ghz works great for me too and I don't need the upgraded antenna, but other people do. It just all depends on what type of interference you're flying in. I've heard from plenty of people who say 2.4ghz works better for them and that both suck from others.

Spoken like a true salesman!! LOL :)

Ha! I really don't mean to sound like that. I really depend on the products to sell themselves. I'm just here to answer questions lol. If people don't need the antennas, that's great! I'd rather have a stock system that performs to my expectations too.

So for this product do I have to open up my P4P to and mod the antenna cables? Sorry if this is cover elsewhere but feeling lazy....

No worries! Yeah, you still have to swap out the internal cables, but it's completely reversible if you're not happy with the results. And we also have a 14 day return policy if you want to return it.

I get questions every day regarding the P4P antenna and currently over 300 people signed up to be notified when it's available. I'll admit, 5.8ghz works great for me too and I don't need the upgraded antenna, but other people do. It just all depends on what type of interference you're flying in. I've heard from plenty of people who say 2.4ghz works better for them and that both suck from others.
I strongly suspect this is a training issue. Not everyone is a veteran with our experience. ;) I never considered using Auto 5.8 GHz, and was getting terrible range using 2.4 GHz with the 32 Channel Hack set on manual on Channels 30-33, which are what I have used successfully out to 6 miles with my P4 with the boosted DBS-02 antenna over the last year in the same area. My stock P4P results on 2.4Ghz were consistent with my terrible stock P4 results, so I gave up, and waited for a new P4P range extender. Then, some random new guy on the forum claimed he was getting over 4 miles stock on the P4P. I challenged his "outrageous" claims, and eventually got him to share his settings to see if I could replicate his range using those same settings. Low and behold, he was right, and made a believer out of me. I initially thought it might be a fluke on a few aircraft. However, the same setup works on all six different P4P aircraft I have owned! First try Auto 5.8Ghz with a $15 windsurfer. If that doesn't work, then consider a range booster, but a range booster will likely only replicate the Auto 5.8Ghz range on the 2.4Ghz band, and supposedly the 32 Channel hack has been disabled on newer firmware, but still works on mine. All my results are based upon clear LOS. If you can't get good Auto 5.8Ghz results, with a windsurfer, with the P4P, you likely have LOS issues that even a range extender won't help with. Get up higher, and out from behind any LOS obstructions for the best range. YMMV. :cool:

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
So the tough to get secret sauce out of the guy was auto 5.8 with a windsurfer? Wow, groundbreaking.

Also, I saw a picture of a guy with windsurfers on his P4P with the antennas facing more forward, such as is recommended by DJI. With the windsurfers on, it looked like they'd be throwing the signal literally downward to the ground. What is the best P4P position? For my P3 and windsurfers, I keep the antennas straight up in a V split for best results.

Last edited:
So the tough to get secret sauce out of the guy was auto 5.8 with a windsurfer? Wow, groundbreaking.

Also, I saw a picture of a guy with windsurfers on his P4P with the antennas facing more forward, such as is recommended by DJI. With the windsurfers on, it looked like they be throwing the signal literally downward to the ground. What is the best position> For my P3 and windsurfers, I keep the antennas straight up in a V split for best results.
Well, it wasn't groundbreaking, but it was completely counterintuitive, as 5.8Ghz is traditionally designed for high bandwidth over short distances, and not designed for long range, which all previous 2.4Ghz antenna mod systems had been designed for.

Antennas should always be parallel to eachother, which a one piece windsurfer insures, and with the flat side pointed directly at the aircraft. At long range, that means perpendicular to the ground, or slightly up, but never down, unless the aircraft is flying below you from a hilltop.

Well not down but you know- the more forward facing position that DJI recommends for the P4P. So you keep the same position as we do with the P3 and windsurfers? I always keep a V spilt with mine. Not super wide but some separation.

Well not down but you know- the more forward facing position that DJI recommends for the P4P. So you keep the same position as we do with the P3 and windsurfers? I always keep a V spilt with mine. Not super wide but some separation.
Yes, identical to the P3P and P4, and always parallel to each other to minimize cross interference. Depends upon how level you hold the controller. If you position the antennas at 45° down from vertical, you need to tip the controller up 45° to get them vertical. If you use a windsurfer, the antenna are vertical, and you then need to hold the controller level or slightly up. The plane formed by the flat sides of the antennas should always be parallel to the aircraft antennas in the vertical sides of the legs on the aircraft. At close range, the antennas are so omnidirectional that it really doesn't matter unless flying directly overhead, in which case you may need to point the controller straight up, or even upside down, if you have the antennas at 45° down from vertical.

Hey Jake (or others that may know) is this new panel going to be 14db similar to the maxxrange?
Also does it have (2)2.4 & (1) 5.8 similar to the small itelite panel for p2v+ & p3S?
I have interest in this new antenna for use on those two models.
Any early production pics or price predictions yet?

Hey Jake (or others that may know) is this new panel going to be 14db similar to the maxxrange?
Also does it have (2)2.4 & (1) 5.8 similar to the small itelite panel for p2v+ & p3S?
I have interest in this new antenna for use on those two models

The first one will be the size of the DBS02 and it will be dual band. Not like the P2V+ though where the bands have separate antennas. Each antenna will work on 2.4 and 5.8. The plan is to get a MaxxRange size antenna for the P4P as well.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yes, identical to the P3P and P4, and always parallel to each other to minimize cross interference. Depends upon how level you hold the controller. If you position the antennas at 45° down from vertical, you need to tip the controller up 45° to get them vertical. If you use a windsurfer, the antenna are vertical, and you then need to hold the controller level or slightly up. The plane formed by the flat sides of the antennas should always be parallel to the aircraft antennas in the vertical sides of the legs on the aircraft. At close range, the antennas are so omnidirectional that it really doesn't matter unless flying directly overhead, in which case you may need to point the controller straight up, or even upside down, if you have the antennas at 45° down from vertical.
Understood. Thank you. :)

The first one will be the size of the DBS02 and it will be dual band. Not like the P2V+ though where the bands have separate antennas. Each antenna will work on 2.4 and 5.8. The plan is to get a MaxxRange size antenna for the P4P as well.

O.k so only two ports. No wonder it taking a lot of revisions and testing, dualband.

I know there are quite a few on the market, but would you share which windsurfer you own/recommend for the P4P+?

Thanks

It really doesn't matter they all work the same, brand name won't make a difference with the windsurfers just get the cheapest one as long as it has the reflective foil inside and focus the transmission signal to the phantom then it will work the same as any other windsurfer

Reactions: Liveddica
81XNAtTyp-L._SL1478_.jpg
Panel+antenna.jpg
omni+antenna.jpg
If you don't want to invest in amplifiers, HwaYaoTek has an excellent solution for both omni and directional antennas. They don't require a special mount. The panel antenna is 12dBi and the omni is 7dBi. HWT is a company that designs microwave cables, connectors and antennas. Being DJI enthusiasts, they design their antennas specifically for the DJI Pro series. Both antennas are dual band 2.4/5.8GHz. Each antenna is tested for dBi on an Agilent microwave network analyzer and the report is printed out and furnished with the kit so you know what you're antenna is capable of, under ideal conditions. There are videos on youtube showing the antennas in use. You can find the directional and omni kits on Amazon for $69.95 and $39.95, respectively. Search for HwaYaoTek. The kit includes everything you need to install. The mounts make it simple to change between the omni and the directional. I have used both but have nothing to compare them against except the stock DJI omnis. I live in a heavily wooded area and the signal penetration is excellent with the directional antenna. They are very well made. They also have a new directional antenna kit for the Mavic Pro that is available. Check out the company: hwayaotekusa.com

Last edited:
Completely agree! The P4P on Auto 5.8Ghz in heavily congested urban areas, at 100' AGL, already easily delivers well over 4 miles of control range, without a hiccup, and not just on the spec sheet! I've been getting that range on 6 different P4P's since mid December, in well over 100 flights. Why add to the complexity of an already perfect system? :confused:
May I ask what you consider to be " heavily congested urban areas" ?
Completely agree! The P4P on Auto 5.8Ghz in heavily congested urban areas, at 100' AGL, already easily delivers well over 4 miles of control range, without a hiccup, and not just on the spec sheet! I've been getting that range on 6 different P4P's since mid December, in well over 100 flights. Why add to the complexity of an already perfect system? :confused:
I'm not doubting the range your getting but when you say " heavily congested urban areas " can you give some more details ? I'm in the city and I usually get a little better then two miles and things start to get a little buggy after that , (video feed is usually the first to start breaking up)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart