Phantom 4 Pro v 1.0 For Non RTK Mapping

Reaction score
Hi,

Through various sources of information, I have learned that the Phantom 4 Pro v 2.0 is awesome for photogrammetry, inspections, and the like. I have access to a free v 1.0, will there be any issues with that drone? Are there any projects that can't be done with the 1.0?

All the software clients Pix4d, Drone Deploy, etc., have no issues that I can see.

I appreciate your opinions and help.

Last edited:
I own both drones (the V1 is now my backup) and the primary difference between the two versions is the transmission technology - Lightbridge for the V1 and OcuSync 2.0 for the V2. In addition, I believe the V2 can automatically switch between 2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz to obtain the best signal strength, something which you can do manually with the V1 anyway.

If you're using a V1 at the limits of its signal transmission ability, then you really notice the improvement in signal strength in the V2. For me (a recreational pilot), the advantage is not so much in long-distance as it is in penetration - through and around objects. So, it depends how you fly. Flying within vlos, you won't notice any difference. And obviously, if your flight is automated with waypoints, signal strength won't matter either.

Last edited:
Through various sources of information, I have learned that the Phantom 4 Pro v 2.0 is awesome for photogrammetry, inspections, and the like. I have access to a free v 1.0, will there be any issues with that drone? Are there any projects that can't be done with the 1.0?
Either version is excellent as a mapping drone.
The differences between versions are only minor and weren't significant enough for most users to update.

I have designed and made various P4 mounting systems over the past 6 years. Most are available on our site. If interested our ads are in the Mavic forum.

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 63
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 68
OP,
If you are in the US, V1 will not be supported with a Remote ID firmware update. You will need to purchase and install a Remote ID module.,
The date is 9/16/2023.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl