dji mini 2 se versus camera of phantom 4 pro for close up fotos 2-3 m

Reaction score
Hello I am a topographer and untill now I use phantom 4 pro with I am generally satisfied.
No I have a project for photogrammetry purposes that I have a narrow space astreet 2-3m that I need a small drone to capture the facade of a building. I was thinking to buy a mini 2 se or a mini 3 pro. with 360 propellers guard cage.

I know that mini 2 se has 12 mp camera and mini 3 pro 48 mp. Worth the mini 3 as the shooting distance is too close?

I wll appreciate any helps from the experts!

Hello I am a topographer and untill now I use phantom 4 pro with I am generally satisfied.
No I have a project for photogrammetry purposes that I have a narrow space astreet 2-3m that I need a small drone to capture the facade of a building. I was thinking to buy a mini 2 se or a mini 3 pro. with 360 propellers guard cage.

I know that mini 2 se has 12 mp camera and mini 3 pro 48 mp. Worth the mini 3 as the shooting distance is too close?
The MIni 2 and Mini 3 pro have very different sensors.
Don't be fooled by the number of megapixels.
The sensor size is what matters.
Mini 2 .. 1/2.3" 7.66 x 6.17 = 47.3 sq mm
Mini 3 pro ..1/1.3" 12 x 9.6 = 115.2 sq mm
Mavic 4 pro .. 15.86 x 13.2 = 209.4 sq mm

It would be very helpful is someone upload some fotos from Mavic 3 mini and 2 from 2-3 meters.

It's hard to picture what your project involves. If this street really is 2 metres wide, you'll need to position your drone as close to the middle as possible. You'll then be taking images of a subject that's around one metre from your drone's camera - the minimum focus distance. At that range you'll need to move through a relatively large area to capture the entire facade, where at any point, the slightest misstep, or even a gust of wind, could send you into a wall.

What advantage would you expect to accrue from using a smaller drone? If it is the availability of prop guards, I believe you can also get these for the P4. Is there any way of capturing the images you need without a drone?

Yeah the steer is norrow and I want to capture the facade of the buildings that are tall so the only solution is mini drone. So the question is specific mini 3 or 2 as the distance of capturing object is small. If a gust send me to the wall I will protected by 360 cage! Phantom 4 would be great but does not fits in a 360 cage for safety reasons!

If the lens has a wider angle you'll get more distorted picture at the borders which is caracteristic for smaller drones or smaller sensors. Thus I think the Phantom can get more accurate image. But it has to be tested.

I would love to help you with the pictures. Sorry. but the P4P has Prop guards that work real well when you hit something Amazon.com . I have used these before and they were life savers the times that I used them for. And I used them for inspections of towers, and even though I can fly a drone well I felt safer flying with these on. I also have a Mini 2 and I would try to stay away from it. It no where compares to the P4P in quality. I also have a Air2S as well and I bought that for different flying situations. But I love my Phantom. I have seen plenty of photos from a Mini 3 pro and they are great and all, most of the Mini 3 is gimmicks in my opinion. If you want a great overall camera on a drone the new Air 3 isn't too bad. The reviews I have seen the pictures look pretty stunning.

I'm a kind of fan of Phantom 4P in an aspect of picture quality, but since I've got DJI mini 3, I was very surprised in a good manner.
Pictures are really of a high quality. Very often I can't distinguish between photos made by the Phantom and the Mini 3.
But you need to take a sample picrures in the specific circumstances that meets your needs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl