Is this the week that it will be shipped?

miskatonic said:
Do us all a favor. Wear a Gopro on a head mount for the to weeks of flying this thing around. :D

LOL :lol:

Mind you I know what Firestat is on about... I am expecting my Xaircraft x650 Pro this week and I am foaming at the mouth for it to be here !!!

Have fun when it arrives

J

Looks like the weather will not be good when it arrives. Give me time to play with the camera and the program.
I'll probably look at it and touch it like the monkeies did in "2001" and then I'll open the box :shock:

Firestat said:
Looks like the weather will not be good when it arrives. Give me time to play with the camera and the program.
I'll probably look at it and touch it like the monkeies did in "2001" and then I'll open the box :shock:

:lol: to Firestat's comment... Does anybody know if Dronefly's shipping PV's to their customers today?

just got off the phone with DroneFly and they are likely going out tomorrow. I pre-ordered from Precision Camera cuz I am a California resident and it saves nearly $100 in taxes.

http://www.precision-camera.com/dji-pha ... order-now/

They are right down the street from DJI Austin, TX and I have had great service so far dealing with Katie.
I'm so excited to start flying soon!!!

flydogs said:
just got off the phone with DroneFly and they are likely going out tomorrow. I pre-ordered from Precision Camera cuz I am a California resident and it saves nearly $100 in taxes.

They are right down the street from DJI Austin, TX and I have had great service so far dealing with Katie.

Thanks flydogs for the info... I too am excited to start flying the PV!! Can't wait.

flydogs said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I would have gone w/ dronefly but $100 savings in taxes isn't pocket change.

Hate for my first post here to be a downer BUT ......... I also spoke with a contact at Dronefly just a few minutes ago and was told the first shipment of new Visions was shipped out of China on the 28th. (yesterday there in China)

If they were shipped airfreight it will likely be 2-3 days before Dronefly has anything in stock to ship ... then it's a matter of days again before the buyer will get delivery.

I already paid for mine and if I get it before the first of next week I'll be surprised.

Not totally new to multi rotors but have little knowledge about these little things. I do have a Blade 350 QX and am looking forward to getting the Vision in the air. Still not convinced about stability for video but the idea of good still shots are interesting and will be my first shot at first person point of view. Should be fun but will likely be next week at the earliest for deliveries to begin arriving.

Good web site, looking forward to learning and sharing information here.

flydogs said:

I called Precision Camera about the balance of my pre-order. They expect shipments this week and will probably ship by the 1st.

Khakis1999 said:
I am also
Preordered with dronefly. It's good to know my vision is in a container in its way here. This is my first phantom. Any advice on how to deal with the audience it creates and they 20 questions you get from everyone ? I already picture them looking up in wonder, like a ****** staring at a Ferris wheel. :idea:

Or the two Questions you will be asking yourself at some point ...... "why is it doing THAT?" "Well, ... what's it doing now"

I would go fly a new machine away from everybody so you can concentrate on what you're doing. No risk in slicing a bystander up or any witnesses to first crash. On the other hand In GPS mode they are all easy to fly. Had my 8 year old grandson checked out in about 3 minutes and by the time the flight was over he landed manually in the two foot circle I placed on the ground.

Sidewinder said:
Khakis1999 said:
I am also
Preordered with dronefly. It's good to know my vision is in a container in its way here. This is my first phantom. Any advice on how to deal with the audience it creates and they 20 questions you get from everyone ? I already picture them looking up in wonder, like a ****** staring at a Ferris wheel. :idea:

Or the two Questions you will be asking yourself at some point ...... "why is it doing THAT?" "Well, ... what's it doing now"

I would go fly a new machine away from everybody so you can concentrate on what you're doing. No risk in slicing a bystander up or any witnesses to first crash. On the other hand In GPS mode they are all easy to fly. Had my 8 year old grandson checked out in about 3 minutes and by the time the flight was over he landed manually in the two foot circle I placed on the ground.

Fly with spotters if your around somewhere that could draw a crowd, I flew at a car show on the weekend, I had mostly kids trying to get my attention, my own rules while flying, I will not speak to anybody barring my spotter(s) and I let them deal with any questions etc that come thru. I might have looked like an ******* totally ignoring the kid that was literally tugging on my pants almost yelling "give me attention" (literally, his words) but I didn't cause any damage to any cars or people, that's my main priority once the motors are armed.

I seen a shirt I think somebody had made up, it was black with white writing, answering the 5 main questions on lookers would ask:
1. It a dji phantom
2. Its expensive
3. No, you can't have a shot
4. 500m+ range
5. Search YouTube

After last weekend, I'd almost consider getting one, would have saved my spotters some grief lol

Driffill said:
Sidewinder said:
Khakis1999 said:
I am also

Fly with spotters if your around somewhere that could draw a crowd, I flew at a car show on the weekend, I had mostly kids trying to get my attention, my own rules while flying, I will not speak to anybody barring my spotter(s) and I let them deal with any questions etc that come thru. I might have looked like an ******* totally ignoring the kid that was literally tugging on my pants almost yelling "give me attention" (literally, his words) but I didn't cause any damage to any cars or people, that's my main priority once the motors are armed.

I seen a shirt I think somebody had made up, it was black with white writing, answering the 5 main questions on lookers would ask:
1. It a dji phantom
2. Its expensive
3. No, you can't have a shot
4. 500m+ range
5. Search YouTube

After last weekend, I'd almost consider getting one, would have saved my spotters some grief lol

I forgot about "what's the range on that thing?"

I'm new to the forum but has anyone discussed how to get a few extra spare batteries? I haven't seen any online.

Looks like if you ordered from Precision you will have the Vision next week. Just got this email:

Hello, Anticipators of the Phantom Vision!

We have received word that we should be receiving our first shipment on Friday, November 1st. If we receive the units early enough in the day, we will ship on Friday. Regardless, all units should be shipped by Monday at the latest.

If you are local, we should have the units available for pick up toward the end of Friday or by Saturday morning at the latest.

I know that everyone is very anxious to get their Phantom Vision but please be patient and wait for us to contact you. We appreciate your cooperation with this as it will allow us to get the units out to you in the fastest and smoothest manner.

We will be talking to you soon!

Best Regards,

Katie Harbert
Online Sales
Precision Camera & Video

Yeah, Katie at Precision Camera has been awesome. I am glad I pre-ordered from them. She has kept me in the look the whole time. Can't wait to fly it next week! Its def like an early XMAS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl