Is this the week that it will be shipped?

FLASH!!

Just got off the phone to Dronefly, and they are tracking the PV,s which are in their area in California.

It is still early there, so he said that if they get them in early enough today, they will go out today.

For anyone that still wants to order one, BHphoto has them in stock right now ready to ship.

Mine shipped from Precision overnight. Will have it tomorrow. Too bad they didn't have any extra batteries. Looks like I'll have 20 min. of fun :lol:

Talked to Dronefly today. Their shipment got held up in customs. It will be released to them tomorrow, so most dronefly customers will receive their Visions on Monday. Very nice customer service, BTW. Really enjoyed talking to the sales rep.

Precision Camera gave me a shout this afternoon and I was able to pick up the Vision after work! :D
Unfortunately, all of the trick-or-treaters wouldn't let me check out my treat. At least it gave me a chance to review the how-to's.

Woo hoo!

Hello,

Im considering ordering my PV today but unsure incase of any beta-tester issues. I have not seen any obvious issues from a quick scout through the net and here.. Does anyone know (mainly those who adopted test versions) know if there is anything a newbie to the Phantom should be aware of before purchase?

thanks in advance.

[UPDATE] - Not ordering due to FV's Camera fixed frame rate of 30fps. Batteries I'm sure will be out when this issue is remedied.

Mine arrived about an hour ago. Super easy to setup. Charged everything and had to see how it looks through the iPhone. It looks great. It took me a while to figure out how to turn the Phantom on. Why do they have to make it so tricky? Anyway, it's a bit windy today but I will have to give it a go in a wide open area.

Lucky Dog Brewser! I wish I had chosen next day air! It does get here Monday though. Will use with iPad and with iPhone and and a sun shade. I'll post video.

flydogs said:
Lucky Dog Brewser! I wish I had chosen next day air! It does get here Monday though. Will use with iPad and with iPhone and and a sun shade. I'll post video.

I just got back from flying it. It is pretty windy. It seems like my range is only about 600FT and then it would lose connection. I tried to see how high it would go but the same results. I lost connection and it went into fail safe mode. I wonder if the wind had to do with the wi-fi connection? I'm going to try it again tomorrow because it's supposed to be pretty nice here in Colorado.
One thing I noticed is the camera makes a high pitch buzz sound. It's kind of annoying when transferring data back to the phone.

IMO, they should always do it like that. Even trickier. Because of the safety reasons.

Btw, what kind of micro-SD card was in the box?

BrewserB said:
(...)Why do they have to make it so tricky? (...)

Good information, guys, especially the manual.

Here it is, Friday night in Ohio. Still no notification from Dronefly that my Phantom has been shipped.

UPDATE!!!! Just got notice it has been shipped. Life is good. :D :D :D :D :D

BrewserB,

So it only gets 600' range?? It says 300m range, so that should be 984'. Is there a setting in the NAZA that turns on the fail safe mode when you get to 600'? Did you loose video feed? I would think you would be able extend the range in the NAZA assist software. I am guessing by default DJI put a very conservative default range in there for fail safe.

I did see on DJI website that it said when you go outside the 300m range it will return to home, but once again there has to be a way within NAZA assist that you can change this. Can someone confirm this?

Someone that get this and is experienced with a Phantom and the NAZA assist should go in and extend the range fence fail safe to like 1000' and see if you still have control and video feed and please report back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl