Is this the week that it will be shipped?

Yes, I lost video feed too so I just reversed the throttle. It seems like I could still fly it but lost the feed. This also when I took it straight up as far as it would go and it lost video and controls. The iPhone screen said return to home. With my original Phantom I could send it up as far as it would go and still control it. It's obviously set in the assist software but I was a bit disappointed in the range of the Vision.
I'm going to take it out tomorrow and get everything charged up overnight. Remember, I'm a newbie to this hobby so others that are more experienced may have tweaks we can all learn from.
Another thing is my video was very bouncy and that could be due to the wind. I ran it in GPS mode. My original Phantom has the Zenmuse and it's very stable. I haven't taken it out in a super windy day though. We had a steady 11 mph wind with gusts up to 30 mph today. I thought the video looked really clear and great pictures but it sure wasn't smooth. Again, this was my first and only flight. Tomorrow could be a different story.

Can't wait to hear others chime in.

Did you set your controller to be in FCC mode? By default, it's set to CE mode which gives you 300m which isn't 600ft but perhaps that could be it?

Got mine yesterday, test flight last night and very happy :)

As already mentioned the camera emits a very odd high pitched noise - very annoying when grabbing footage post filming, hope someone finds a cure!!

But it really is a very simple package to get flying and filming/photographing :)

That would be pretty bad if it doesn't go the 300m that was stated! Does it have the double antennas on the phantom like the new version 1.1.1? Keep us posted on the flights (maybe start a new thread). I really hope people find ways to extend the video and control range on these.

drone4me said:
Did you set your controller to be in FCC mode? By default, it's set to CE mode which gives you 300m which isn't 600ft but perhaps that could be it?
I will check it out tomorrow.

Firestat said:
Good information, guys, especially the manual.

Here it is, Friday night in Ohio. Still no notification from Dronefly that my Phantom has been shipped.

UPDATE!!!! Just got notice it has been shipped. Life is good. :D :D :D :D :D

me too - Got my ship notification from DF last night - says it will be here Tuesday - just in time for my convention Thursday. Will be awesome to have it at our booth and possibly flying above our booth if we can get "clearance".

BTW I am in Medina, OH. What part of Ohio are you in?

VB, I am in Columbus. Mine is scheduled to get here Monday.
I would like to hear if one can take the stock camera off and put a gimbal and a GoPro on. Nobody has address that yet, I don't think.

So far not too impressed with the vision unless you don't want to fly it too far. I have an iPhone 5s too. I took it out today and I kept losing connection to the phone. It seemed like it will lose it anywhere between 300 and 600'. The controller would lose connection after 600'. I could send my first Phantom over twice the altitude of the Vision.

I can't wait to start hearing other results and any tweaks. My video reception on the phone was very choppy too and not smooth like the YouTube videos. There wasn't any wind so it seemed more stable for recording video. I haven't looked at the footage yet though. I was basically checking distance and altitude today.

I love this setup but there has to be something I'm doing wrong. I also love the battery life.

BrewserB,

Have you tried to hook up the VIson to the assist software yet to see if there are default limits in there? I can't believe that the control range is only 600'. This is bumming me out, I had high hopes for the vision.

Brewster, I read in the instructions that you need to move the screw in the back to FCC (clockwise, I believe) as it is default in CE. From other posts, I understand it will increase the range.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1