Installed these today for mine and my sons p3s's

Just out of curiosity, have you heard of the Conquer range extender? Also what made you decide to choose this one? Sorry if I come across as rude.

That's what I'm using the conquer and I think it's the best, although I've never tried a different one, the conquer was the first and last range extender I purchased and love every bit off it

d8fa7102afa3dfaea17673137d239820.jpg

Yeah heard of but they don't do one for the p3s [emoji35]

Are you seriously suggesting you were flying at 3200ft in Bristol? Even with one of the UK busiest airports on your doorstep? Boggles the mind it really does.

Are you seriously suggesting you were flying at 3200ft in Bristol? Even with one of the UK busiest airports on your doorstep? Boggles the mind it really does.

your kididng right?

Hes talking about distance not altutude, its 0.6 of a mile and you have no clue how close or far away he was from the airport!

Reactions: 805hd
2b77a9691d7843e2093acf419cc9e14d.jpg
293cceb1e85b026bd3e2a14478327b1a.jpg

We got over 3000ft from my back yard and I have a lot of high rise building around where I live.

Interesting... But not much room for my tablet?? Where is your device in that picture??
What is that thing called? Link???
Thanks

Couple days ago I flew my P3s 6900 feet with stock antenna.
Flight was over water so obviously there were NO obstructions. Altitude was 400' which I think also helped.
Nice footage!

2b77a9691d7843e2093acf419cc9e14d.jpg
293cceb1e85b026bd3e2a14478327b1a.jpg

We got over 3000ft from my back yard and I have a lot of high rise building around where I live.

How did you satisfy the FAA rules to maintain a Line of Sight to your drone? Hobbyist or Commercial ... in the first case, the Line of Sight is a guideline; in the second a rule. Providing a stronger signal should only be used to overcome noisy air space.

How did you satisfy the FAA rules to maintain a Line of Sight to your drone? Hobbyist or Commercial ... in the first case, the Line of Sight is a guideline; in the second a rule. Providing a stronger signal should only be used to overcome noisy air space.

Looks like the drone police are out this weekend.

Reactions: umneycreep
"We got over 3000ft from my back yard and I have a lot of high rise building around where I live."

@bristolboy76

Do you know if this mod fits the Phantom 4? Any chance you can post the name of that specific mod and a link if you have it to hand.

Thanks in advance.

Hope you have tons of fun with it :)

That's cool, today in a very built up area I was at 3200ft and I still had the green light to go further but got a little nervous so I RTH lol
Which country do you live in that gives you the green light to go that far? I have to wonder how many of those countries there are.

My DBS mod only gets me about 1500 ft before I start to lose video. I have full control well past that, but can't get video past about 1500. It is way better than what came on it though.
Any thoughts?

My DBS mod only gets me about 1500 ft before I start to lose video. I have full control well past that, but can't get video past about 1500. It is way better than what came on it though.
Any thoughts?

What kind of altitude you running? I need to be 300'-400'+ to maintain video with my DBS. And that is in an unobstructed area free from wifi interference, trees or buildings.

I set my max flight distance at 1000 feet as that is the best I can get stock without losing video feed. I've used the ITElite DBS antenna and the P3A dipoles and no matter what I use, nothing works better than stock configuration.
Heck I could not even connect to the drone 5 feet from it at times with the ITElite DBS antenna. Very disappointed to say the least.
The only mod I did see work better was replacing the stock 5.8Ghz telemetry antenna on the transmitter with a four leaf clover. I get 4-5 bars consistently, even at 1000 feet. I am still working on a solution to increase the range of the 2.4 Ghz system for better video signal range but to no avail so far.
The DBS antenna kinda fell apart on me too.
Looks like a manufacturing defect and the plastic cover separated from the rest of the metal backplane of the antenna. The inside is bunk for 2.4 Ghz. I don't know why more people have problems as they combined the two 2.4 ghz antennas to only one element and then didn't shield it from the 5.8Ghz antenna which I am sure is causing what I observe as poor performance. Having two different radio antennas in near proximity leads to AGC pumping/desense in the receive side of the radio.
When time permits I would like to mount the two original ceramics from the transmitter on either side inside of the DBS antenna backplane and affix the 5.8 Ghz quad element squarely in the middle with two grounded shield partitions between all three sections to reduce/eliminate the possibility of receiver AGC pumping/desense. Maybe this will yield better results. I have some other directional 2.4 Ghz antennas left over from another project that are reasonably small 10 dbi gain "dishes" I could try to implement if all else fails.
I really don't want to go overboard and implement my dual 19 dbi gain panels. That would be waaaaay too heavy but I guarantee I could view the video stream from the next county!

I'm lucky if I can get 100 feet vertical altitude distance before disconnect and RTH. That's the main reason I reverted back to stock as at least I can fly with stock. I am still exploring some other options to boost the range of the operator control unit.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing