Initial Titan Conquer range extender review :-\

How horrible. Where do you live? Besides the camera, that is the biggest benefit of the P4P!!!
London uk , a lot of uk people can't get that band, when I start up the drone it shows no channel rating for 5.8 , only for 2.4 but with the titan 2.4 goes much further than my battery will last

Flew my P4P with the conquer for the first time last night. Got 2.5 miles away in wooded area and had full signal from my controller but the video feed went to no bars. Had it on 2.7k 30fps. Would I get further video feed if I had set it at 1080 24fps? Does this make a difference? Using 2.4ghz auto setting as I got much further with this set up than the 5.8 auto.

big cat the conquer doesnt support 5.8 ghz it only works on 2.4 ghz which is why you got better results. Works ok on the whip antennas on 5.8 ghz. I would test it on open ground and remember that it is a directional antenna , so if you have trees between you and the drone, you may not be pointing the antenna directly at the drone.

Spike, that's for the info. Guess that's why my first flight on 5.8 left me wondering about the conquer. Feel much better now and even on 2.4 ghz the video feed signal dropped much more than the controller signal. Is this due to the 2.7k setting or maybe I just was not pointed in the correct direction?

More likely the direction, i record in 4k 60fps and its never dropped out for me even at 5 km on 2.4ghz

On a P4P in the US, it is pointless. On 5.8 auto even in high interference environments you can easily get over 20,000 feet stock.
Completely agree! That is my experience as well! The only place it might make sense is under CE rather than FCC, as the power outputs are flipped under CE with 2.4 being more power than 5.8. One other area where boosted 2.4 might be better than Auto 5.8 would be for tree penetration. In all other cases, with clear LOS, 4+ miles under FCC in Auto 5.8 is a given, in heavily urban areas at 100 feet AGL. :cool:

What about whips with windsurfers has anyone tried that?
I use Windsurfers. I'm concluding your question concerns which gives the better range, or how they compare in terms of range. If this is correct, then I have the same question.

I find it a PIA putting on Windsurfers. If I tilt my RC they slide off and fall on the ground. ERGO I use a rubber band to keep them from falling off. The idea of having a long range extender in the Conqueror that can be quickly swapped out for whips would be very cool if the whips provided the same performance of typical Windsurfers. If the whips are equivalent, it might be enough to push me into the customer column.

Well, I was finally able meet up with another P4P owner today since its been nothing but rain, high winds, darkness, and traveling since I posted this. However we were out today for about 45 minutes flying and my conclusion is unfortunately my P4P with the Titan Conqueror panel didn't get anywhere near his distance. He even restricted his to 2.4Ghz in Auto mode so we would operate on the same frequency.

After approximately 2412 feet at 289 foot altitude the transmission signal started to cut out and at around 2500 ft it was completely gone and it returned home in recovery mode. Sent it up 3 different times in 3 different directions and every time it was similar results. About 2400-2500 feet and the signal would cut out. I kept the controller and panel pointed almost directly at the drone the entire time as I was flying primarily in a straight line it was pretty simple to do.

Just to make sure it wasn't a problem with the drone we switched remotes. I flew his drone using the titan panel remote, again max distance around 2500 from where we were standing. I think the max we got with the titan panel all day was ~2700 feet away.

He flew my drone, using his remote and off it went faaar faar out there. When he used the 5.8ghz frequency on either drone, it was almost embarrassing to be standing there with a $300 "range extender" while stock out performed it.

I dont think its an issue with the controller mod as it was super simple and straight forward and all the connections are tight and everything is neatly tucked away inside. I'm going to contact Titan today and see if they have any tips or recommendations.

TrustyCowDog - You must have a problem with your p4, I have a P4 with the Titan Conquer and the first flight with it was 10,000 with no loss of signal at all. I just chickened out because I was not used to that at all.

So, you can fly into any controlled or restricted air space any time you want to?

Is that what you are saying?

Or do you get to save your 5 bucks?
Not exactly! However, you no longer have to have any number on your aircraft, and we are now free of the FAA, as long as we follow model aircraft guidelines under a set of community standards. For now...

TrustyCowDog - You must have a problem with your p4, I have a P4 with the Titan Conquer and the first flight with it was 10,000 with no loss of signal at all. I just chickened out because I was not used to that at all.

Nope, tested two different P4P's and used remotes from each. Soon as i figure out how to get the log/info exported from that site that syncs with DJI I;ll post it to show.

DroneLogbook

I use Windsurfers. I'm concluding your question concerns which gives the better range, or how they compare in terms of range. If this is correct, then I have the same question.

I find it a PIA putting on Windsurfers. If I tilt my RC they slide off and fall on the ground. ERGO I use a rubber band to keep them from falling off. The idea of having a long range extender in the Conqueror that can be quickly swapped out for whips would be very cool if the whips provided the same performance of typical Windsurfers. If the whips are equivalent, it might be enough to push me into the customer column.
The windsurfer I use on my P4P slips over the tops of the antenna tips and keeps them parallel, which makes it impossible for it to slip off unless I turn the RC upside down. I keep the antennas perpendicular to the controller and point them and the windsurfer at the aircraft. Works great to get 4+ miles fully stock in Auto 5.8Ghz in heavily urban areas.:cool:

Agreed,

I agree with #2 post here I'd say something may be wrong with something wrong I'm a city dweller and I can get at least 10,000 ft even without the windsurfer attached to it .
There was someone around here a few weeks ago praising how "cool looking" the Titan was and how " bad***" the light were but showed no proof of any type of improvements in range . Send it back A.S.A.P.
I bought one of these and it works , Check the amount of reviews .
Amazon.com: SKYREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna Signal Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4/4 Pro/Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced/4k/ Inspire 1 Controller Transmitter Signal Extender (2 Pcs): Electronics
I have a pair of skyreat and can easily obtain 15k without a push and my battery being the limit.
I bought them when they was £15 but the popularity and success has doubled their price.
I have a P4.

Nope, tested two different P4P's and used remotes from each. Soon as i figure out how to get the log/info exported from that site that syncs with DJI I;ll post it to show.

DroneLogbook
I have a conquer and its requires a modification to the controller to accept the new antennas connection. Exactly how did you swap controllers with your friend to test the conquer range extender? unless he has a conquer range extender as well you could not have connected you conquer to his remote. I have full five bar signals on RC and Video at 5 kilometres , when my battery is down to 50 % on the craft.

I have a pair of skyreat and can easily obtain 15k without a push and my battery being the limit.
I bought them when they was £15 but the popularity and success has doubled their price.
I have a P4.
Thats good to hear ,but I'm only guessing I get less is because I'm in a very densely populated area or......

Whose eyes are good enough to stay within FAA operating LOS rules when nearly 4 miles away?

I will fly as far away as I want. If you don't like it, too bad. If these weren't designed for long distance flying, they wouldn't have a 4.3 mile range. And people here wouldn't be discussing range extenders.

Now go to your Cub Scout meeting before it's too late.

Reactions: Rsm425 and SkyNinja

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing