Initial Titan Conquer range extender review :-\

Reaction score
So after seeing people post about getting 10k-15k+ on their factory P4P and I was only ever able to manage about 8k on the best day in a desert. I figured I'd try a range extender. Did some research, came across a few threads from uhhh some "non-compensated people" so I figured i'd try out the Titan Conquer Range Extender and see what could happen. I do a lot of live streaming when I fly and people always want to see how far away I can get so what the heck right?

So I order the product, and it gets here pretty quick. As a matter of fact, I don't think you could ask for much better shipping service. 5/5

It rained for 4 days straight and I didn't have time to fly or install the controller modification 0/5 to mother nature.

I finally got time today 5/8/2017 to install the controller modifications and watching their YouTube install video it went pretty much how the video showed. Though rerouting the wires was tricky due to the increased girth/stiffness of the wires it was still doable. End result was professional looking and it worked. 5/5

Mounted the quick disconnect panel following instructions. Super simple, and that magnet is actually pretty impressive. 5/5

But after the magnet is done impressing, there really wasn't much to be impressed about from there on out. I took it out to the local airfield that is set aside for RC planes and drones where I consistently was able to get 4-5k range before loosing signal and got....yep 4-5k before loosing signal.

I then went to my neighborhood where I usually only get 3500 or so feet away and I managed to get a whopping 4k feet away this time. :rolleyes: I know a lot of factors go in to your distances and blah blah, but so far I haven't seen any discernible increases to my range. I don't want to base my entire review from these two flights so I've set aside some more flight time for later this week to get out there in my usual flying spots and see what happens. As it stands right now I dont think I could/would recommend this product to anyone.

Not trying to defend the Titan range extender (it may or may not be effective, I dunno), but if range performance was poor prior to the upgrade then there could be something wrong with your P4P, in which case any mods would probably be compromised as well.

Not trying to defend the Titan range extender (it may or may not be effective, I dunno), but if range performance was poor prior to the upgrade then there could be something wrong with your P4P, in which case any mods would probably be compromised as well.
Agreed,
So after seeing people post about getting 10k-15k+ on their factory P4P and I was only ever able to manage about 8k on the best day in a desert. I figured I'd try a range extender. Did some research, came across a few threads from uhhh some "non-compensated people" so I figured i'd try out the Titan Conquer Range Extender and see what could happen. I do a lot of live streaming when I fly and people always want to see how far away I can get so what the heck right?

So I order the product, and it gets here pretty quick. As a matter of fact, I don't think you could ask for much better shipping service. 5/5

It rained for 4 days straight and I didn't have time to fly or install the controller modification 0/5 to mother nature.

I finally got time today 5/8/2017 to install the controller modifications and watching their YouTube install video it went pretty much how the video showed. Though rerouting the wires was tricky due to the increased girth/stiffness of the wires it was still doable. End result was professional looking and it worked. 5/5

Mounted the quick disconnect panel following instructions. Super simple, and that magnet is actually pretty impressive. 5/5

But after the magnet is done impressing, there really wasn't much to be impressed about from there on out. I took it out to the local airfield that is set aside for RC planes and drones where I consistently was able to get 4-5k range before loosing signal and got....yep 4-5k before loosing signal.

I then went to my neighborhood where I usually only get 3500 or so feet away and I managed to get a whopping 4k feet away this time. :rolleyes: I know a lot of factors go in to your distances and blah blah, but so far I haven't seen any discernible increases to my range. I don't want to base my entire review from these two flights so I've set aside some more flight time for later this week to get out there in my usual flying spots and see what happens. As it stands right now I dont think I could/would recommend this product to anyone.
I agree with #2 post here I'd say something may be wrong with something wrong I'm a city dweller and I can get at least 10,000 ft even without the windsurfer attached to it .
There was someone around here a few weeks ago praising how "cool looking" the Titan was and how " bad***" the light were but showed no proof of any type of improvements in range . Send it back A.S.A.P.
I bought one of these and it works , Check the amount of reviews .
Amazon.com: SKYREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna Signal Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4/4 Pro/Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced/4k/ Inspire 1 Controller Transmitter Signal Extender (2 Pcs): Electronics

Reactions: FlashBuddy
Hmm, any ideas what maybe causing the poor range? Would it be a controller issue or bird issue? Everything in the controller looked good but I have. O way of testing it really.

Sounds like I'll be returning to stock tomorrow if the new flights don't show any kind of improvement and trying to find a local toncompare range with.

If you're not getting a range increase or a signal penetration increase you are doing something wrong. If you check out the reviews on FB or anywhere really, everyone sees significant improvements. I messed up my controller mod (I own the Conquer and Command Case) and the guys there were awesome in helping me fix the issues. No other company out there has anywhere near the customer service skills! That aside, I get ten miles round trip constantly and the battery is what holds me back. In congested areas I get about 12k feet when stock I was getting 3,800. I think you should look into your controller or maybe even your quad having an issue. Any boosted system should push through better than stock but there's are simply best in class compared to all the first generation mods that are out there. I'd give them a call though after you test a little more if you're still having issues. Apparently, I was even pointing the antenna incorrectly at first. Anyway, just my two cents. I couldn't be happier and I hope you get it worked out.

I'm going to investigate with another p4p. I found a guy local that has one and this weekend we are gonna take them up for a spin together.

I'm wondering though, is it possible to sync another controller with the drone? I'm gonna test his controller on my drone and see if that increases the range

I'm going to investigate with another p4p. I found a guy local that has one and this weekend we are gonna take them up for a spin together.

I'm wondering though, is it possible to sync another controller with the drone? I'm gonna test his controller on my drone and see if that increases the range

As long as it's another P4P you can pair it up. I picked up a set of their whip antennas too for just flying around short distances. Your don't always want to be flying with the big antenna or the case and the whips snap right on to their mod. Even those performed better than stock.

How about the whips performing better than windsurfers?

The Titan is a directional antenna so you have to make sure it is pointed towards the drone, it has a 34 degree field of transmission, my Titan burns through the heavy wifi in London UK as though it wasnt there, and still has full signal at 5 km, which is as far as I want to fly it and not get into trouble for flying beyond VLOS. The unit is heavy and its easy to let the until attached to the rc point slightly towards the ground. a neck strap on the controller is a good way to go to keep the antenna pointed at the drone. The wips are multi directional and not so dependent on you pointing directly at the drone.

I'm running their Ground Station and their Quick Connect Whip Antennas (not at the same time of course) and love them. I've not been able to get out and test the MAX distance due to weather but I do know it passed the original antenna distance cut out and still had FULL signal. I'm running a P3P though.

TitanDronesInc does have great customer service.

I'm running their Ground Station and their Quick Connect Whip Antennas (not at the same time of course) and love them. I've not been able to get out and test the MAX distance due to weather but I do know it passed the original antenna distance cut out and still had FULL signal. I'm running a P3P though.

TitanDronesInc does have great customer service.

On a P4P in the US, it is pointless. On 5.8 auto even in high interference environments you can easily get over 20,000 feet stock.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub