IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

Not true.

I have three devices. One has app 2.5 and other two have 2.4. I can see NFZs on those two devices without connecting to RC/P3. They were connected to RC prior to the 2.5 release.

I have summarized all findings to date on my OP for quick reference.

There is a post on the DJI forum discussion on geo fencing that states the beta was 2.44. Were the two devices on 2.4 at 2.43?

My purpose in asking is to attempt to determine the latest stable release of Go that won't contact their geo fence server when connected to the internet.

Here's what I did to check my area.

First, logged into my DJI account here:
Login | DJI Store

Once logged in, went to the advance unlock page and then checked my area. I found my entire city is in a yellow zone.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Here's what I found in your area:
View attachment 40443

This may not be the only way to check, but it worked for me so it's now my new process.
Wow, Oso,
Looks like a disaster for where I normally fly! I can't believe they have entire blocks of desert and forest, makes no sense! I guess this will be the downfall of my P3P.:oops:
image.png

I'm glad I still have my P2V+!;) DJI can't touch that.

Reactions: bighi
There is a post on the DJI forum discussion on geo fencing that states the beta was 2.44. Were the two devices on 2.4 at 2.43?

My purpose in asking is to attempt to determine the latest stable release of Go that won't contact their geo fence server when connected to the internet.

Same here...

Yes both of my devices are on 2.4.3 and see NFZs.

Wow, Oso,
Looks like a disaster for where I normally fly! I can't believe they have entire blocks of desert and forest, makes no sense! I guess this will be the downfall of my P3P.:oops:
View attachment 40461

Has there been any clarification on whether these large blocks are going to be authorisation zones in reality?
Brendan did tell me by email they would be only green areas in the full release.
It's those huge areas which are typically very rural with no mobile cover which bother me.
They are typically known military aircraft training areas.

Reactions: Fplvert
So I will ask one last time, just to be sure. I currently have 2.5 on my iPhone 6S Plus, and I have not yet connected to my RC or to my P3P. It won't do me any good to go back to 2.4.3? I should be good to go since I do not have any NFZs around me, just Authorization Zones and Warning Zones?

Sorry, I just want to be sure before I connect.

Thank you!

So I will ask one last time, just to be sure. I currently have 2.5 on my iPhone 6S Plus, and I have not yet connected to my RC or to my P3P. It won't do me any good to go back to 2.4.3? I should be good to go since I do not have any NFZs around me, just Authorization Zones and Warning Zones?

Sorry, I just want to be sure before I connect.

Thank you!

No. It will do you no good to go back to 2.4.3.

Not true.

I have three devices. One has app 2.5 and other two have 2.4. I can see NFZs on those two devices without connecting to RC/P3. They were connected to RC prior to the 2.5 release.

I have summarized all findings to date on my OP for quick reference.
Cool thanks for confirming

One more observation:

I had updated DJI app on my mini iPad to 2.5 and had seen NFZs.

Today I swapped my iPad with iPhone which had App 2.4.3 and surprisingly I see those NFZs on iPhone too.

That tells me that NFZs get transmitted to maps when app connects to Internet. RC was off and P3 was also off at this time.

Can someone confirm it? If this is true then it's DJI server that's pushing the NFZs to app and will happen on any version 2.3 or 2.4 or 2.5

Here is what I noticed on my iPhone :

View attachment 40415

Matter is getting confused, not sure what's the truth. Please zoom out your maps on DJI app and see if you are also seeing NFZs in version 2.4

I'm skimming up through the threads trying to catch up some 4-5 pages. I don't know if you posted anymore on this subject since posting this one. But dji has been using amazon's servers to communicate with our A/C for some time now. Not long ago I posted the servers IP addresses and city locations here in the U.S. They use at least 4 different server locations that I can tell. I'm not sure what exact info has been exported from my devices but I have seen a good deal of data being transmitted at different times.

I'm guessing things are setup they way they are due to liabilities. Uploading into your device can be understandable with updates and such. But exporting your info at anytime is complete different situation in itself..

After a long debate with myself as to whether or not to hook my iPhone with the 2.5 update to my P3P, I must say, all went well with my first flight. No warnings, no signals, all was right with the world. I guess living in a very small town does have some perks after all. However, that being said, for some reason, it took a very long time for "Weak Signal" to go away and turn GREEN with safe to fly. I had never seen that before.

After a long debate with myself as to whether or not to hook my iPhone with the 2.5 update to my P3P, I must say, all went well with my first flight. No warnings, no signals, all was right with the world. I guess living in a very small town does have some perks after all. However, that being said, for some reason, it took a very long time for "Weak Signal" to go away and turn GREEN with safe to fly. I had never seen that before.

Besides the warming up of the aircraft and the acquiring of the satellites?

Interesting note about the GPS. It seems like there have been multiple reports of unusual GPS behavior in the last couple of days. Taking longer to get to SAFE TO FLY, dropping in and out of GPS when it was always stable before, less satellites than normal, etc. (Please no K-Index posts!)

15 GPS satellites, but GPS repeatedly drops | DJI Phantom Forum

My P3P is enroute from New Jersey to California to get a stress crack fixed. There is no way they can update the operating system unless they have my iPad Air correct? Sorry for the stupid question but just needed to ask.

Nope, the RC and the aircraft are updated separately (assuming you are above 1.3.2). So yes, they could update the firmware. I had my P3 at the contractor for B&H (Guardis) and specifically asked them NOT to update the firmware. They were happy to oblige and basically intimated that it was a good idea to hold off.

Wow, Oso,
View attachment 40461
Airmap ain't Jeppesen. Leaves a LOT to be desired. Inaccurate as #$%&. Just so you get an idea how utterly bat **** knucking futs Airmap is, have a look at Gibraltar International Airport. One can physically take off anywhere south of it, hell even IN it, and within seconds be dicking around on one of the shortest runways in the world. Zero three day clearances required. 45 minutes away west, on desolate Tarifa beach, you need a three day clearance to fly over that beach and ocean. But at Gibraltar International, I can go and play chicken with the CFM 56 turbines under a Ryanair A320 upon landing. Cool this Airmap eh ? Keeping us all safe . But back at my local model airport, thirty years in the same location with all Austro Control and JAA approvals, I need a three day clearance to fly. Look for yourself at Gibraltar, then look at your map, then uncork a bottle of something and ponder what funny deals went on for DJI to chose Airmap.

20160114_210614.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fplvert and Reed L
My P3P is enroute from New Jersey to California to get a stress crack fixed. There is no way they can update the operating system unless they have my iPad Air correct? Sorry for the stupid question but just needed to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
If by "operating system" you mean the FW on the P3P, then yes DJI normally updates P3's in for repair to the latest FW. They do this by default unless you've asked them to not update. There have been several posts here from people who didn't know this and were complaining that DJI updated their FW when in for repair. Of course with DJI, its hard to expect any particular behavior so anything is possible.

I'm skimming up through the threads trying to catch up some 4-5 pages. I don't know if you posted anymore on this subject since posting this one. But dji has been using amazon's servers to communicate with our A/C for some time now. Not long ago I posted the servers IP addresses and city locations here in the U.S. They use at least 4 different server locations that I can tell. I'm not sure what exact info has been exported from my devices but I have seen a good deal of data being transmitted at different times.

I'm guessing things are setup they way they are due to liabilities. Uploading into your device can be understandable with updates and such. But exporting your info at anytime is complete different situation in itself..
As the thread is becoming very long, I am updating my very first post ( #1) with the summary of findings for every one to have a quick reference. I will keep up updating it if need arises.

Last edited:
Has there been any clarification on whether these large blocks are going to be authorisation zones in reality?
Brendan did tell me by email they would be only green areas in the full release.
It's those huge areas which are typically very rural with no mobile cover which bother me.
They are typically known military aircraft training areas.
I do see many large blocks which are military training areas, however, general aviation aircraft are not as restricted as DJI maps for drones. SMH.
I guess one would have to "unlock" the area prior to leaving cellular service area. How convenient that would be! I just looked at the big island Hawaii, and several places I flew my P2V+ are yellowed out. The biggest problem I had over there was no cellular service with Sprint!

Last night, I checked on my hibernating P3P and her Nvidea tablet. Bird is 1.3.2, tablet is on DJI Pilot 1.2.0. Started the kit up to check my maps...the red no fly circles are bigger now! So, how can that be?

My fear is, we will all get this pushed out from DJI servers whether we update or not. In fact, I think we will all be forced to update just to unlock any place to fly a P3 or Inspire!

Reactions: bighi
Oh how I'm still glad to have my handy Naza v2 and ImmersionRC vtx and my diversity receiver with my pepperbox antenna, no yellow circles to worry about........

Reactions: Fplvert

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing