I'm sorry to say, but,

Honestly after a few cycles of the battery, I get a little more than the P3P.

If you're running around in Sport Mode it's going to kill the battery faster. In GPS mode it definitely lasts longer than my P3 did.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

makes sense to me.

I did see one post about low battery,
but he was full out sport mode the whole time.

Please don't be sorry for purchasing a P4 and really don't feel you need to defend your decision. I am more than happy to allow others to either prove or disprove any claims of improvement by the manufacturer.
This helps others to make an informed decision rather than an emotional one about getting the UAV. So, thank you.

Funny, I think he's already been kicked out, he said he setup a new account. He just keeps coming back.
How did your tests go?? you said you were going to do more tests this afternoon?

By all what I have read I think I'll give the P4 a miss. If the warranty comes through and it is a replacement I'll keep the replacement P3P.

So today it was pretty breezy 80.6 MPH ;)

Attachments

• 1458701256080.jpg
    1458701256080.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 276
How did your tests go?? you said you were going to do more tests this afternoon?

By all what I have read I think I'll give the P4 a miss. If the warranty comes through and it is a replacement I'll keep the replacement P3P.
I went to a familiar flight area in the hills free from Wi-Fi interference with clear los flying, a place I've flow more than a dozen times, one of my favorite places within 15min drive, here in Orange County, CA. With windsurfer installed I got to 5800' when I started getting video drops, black screen on the iPad. The strange thing is I had 5 bars the whole time. I noticed when the aircraft is facing away from me is the worst reception. Turning 90 degrees left or right was better reception. With the camera facing me was good too. Normally my P3P will make this flight with no dropped video, ever. Later this week I'll repeat this flight with my P3P at this spot and push it to the limit, which I have not done at this particular site before. I bet I'll get 10,000 out of it, as I have done elsewhere.

Another strange thing I noticed is my battery gauge was at 20% beeping at me when the cell voltage was at 3.64V. The 20% was RED, when my P3 will be at 35% at 3.60V and the font color has just turned yellow. So it appears DJI has built in a greater margin of safety to prevent battery protection, over protecting IMHO. That may be why we're so disappointed in battery performance. If you guys use msinger's flight log reader and compare your voltages and percentages between P3P and P4, I think you will see what I'm talking about.

With my Yuneec Q500 it was time to start coming back at 3.56V per cell, and I believe battery damage doesn't occur until you're under 3.00V with LiPo batteries in general (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Some comparisons of P3 and P4 at the same 38%, using msingers log reader:

P3P
upload_2016-3-22_23-44-10.png

P4 today
upload_2016-3-22_23-45-40.png

Last edited:
I've got another P4 today and I reached 24 mins flight time (70% P mode and 30% Sport Mode). Started 95%battery and landed 10% battery. It will be improved step by step by having more battery cycles. I can say that I am happy with the battery performance so far.

My issue is altitude dropping especially when I fly low. Anyone else has noticed that??

I've got another P4 today and I reached 24 mins flight time (70% P mode and 30% Sport Mode). Started 95%battery and landed 10% battery. It will be improved step by step by having more battery cycles. I can say that I am happy with the battery performance so far.

My issue is altitude dropping especially when I fly low. Anyone else has noticed that??

Mine does that too. Annoying.

Here's my longest (distance) flight so far. I'm pretty happy with the battery life, still don't understand why everyone's complaining.

9cd4e45ea6169ec01f34acc313e36498.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: G-K
So some P4 owners get good battery performance while others don't? I guess the only way to settle the battery argument is to buy one and test myself.

So some P4 owners get good battery performance while others don't? I guess the only way to settle the battery argument is to buy one myself.
I've used 2 batteries from Apple Store and very happy with their performance so far. Plus they are getting better...

Tell me some thing about the controller. How long will it stay charged up?

I use LIPO batteries in my planes. Biggest is 6s 5500 MAH and I found the more used the better flying time. Pity I didn't writ down the times but will now just to see if the more you charge them the better they will get to the max and stay charged up to that each time charged.

Tell me some thing about the controller. How long will it stay charged up?

I use LIPO batteries in my planes. Biggest is 6s 5500 MAH and I found the more used the better flying time. Pity I didn't writ down the times but will now just to see if the more you charge them the better they will get to the max and stay charged up to that each time charged.

The controller is good for 30-40 flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl