Should I buy a P3P instead of a P4?

Reaction score
I've decided that it's time for me to jump into the world of pro-sumer level drones. I was waiting for the P4 to drop, and while its new feature set (sport mode, active track, collision avoidance) interest me, it seems like almost every post in the P4 forum is a horror story regarding range or battery life, or even image and video quality. My question is, should I get the Phantom 3 Professional instead? Prices are falling online, I've seen them for sale for around 900 dollars new with an extra battery. I'm all for having the latest and greatest model, and I've heard fit and finish seems better on the P4 but is it worth the extra 500 or so dollars if I'm going to struggle with the various issues that people are having? Any feedback or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've decided that it's time for me to jump into the world of pro-sumer level drones. I was waiting for the P4 to drop, and while its new feature set (sport mode, active track, collision avoidance) interest me, it seems like almost every post in the P4 forum is a horror story regarding range or battery life, or even image and video quality. My question is, should I get the Phantom 3 Professional instead? Prices are falling online, I've seen them for sale for around 900 dollars new with an extra battery. I'm all for having the latest and greatest model, and I've heard fit and finish seems better on the P4 but is it worth the extra 500 or so dollars if I'm going to struggle with the various issues that people are having? Any feedback or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
A very common question.
This post should answer most of your concerns: Getting the Jitters
The P3 pro price didn't drop until 9-10 months after release so you probably won't find a cheap P4 soon.

Guess what happens if the P4 drops in price? P5 or P4 Adv or P4 Pro will be out so you are never going to win if you wait until the price drops and if you want the latest release.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

looks like Phantom is becoming iPhone phenomenon then ppl what to upgrade every two years.

P3 pro's are one hell of a buy at 900 bucks plus. But man the P4 is built so much better with several features that make it worth it to me! Been super stoked with mine for over a month now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues