I'm sorry to say, but,

If you bought a DVR that claimed it could record 30 hours of video but in reality it only recorded 20 hours would you be upset?

If you purchased a car that claimed 28 mpg but it really got only 14-18 would you feel mislead?

Just because you might not use a feature or venture out as far as others doesn't mean the P4 isn't providing disappointing & well below advertised performance to those of us who do.. While the P4 offers several novel new features, it is falling well short of its P3 predecessor for which it is supposed to be an upgrade. . Many people purchased the P4 based on listed specifications like range & battery stamina, myself included.

I get all the drone magazines out there and have all the P4 reviews. Average flight times reviewers are getting is 23 minutes with 18% battery life left. Take that for what it's worth.

Just curious, why Drone World with all of the pricing controversy there?
I don't know about the pricing controversy, but they have been great with me. Answered my questions and replaced a broken neck strap so fast that I did not know who the package was from.

Same guys are saying they got plenty more range on the P3 in the same area. I am one of those guys.
It depends on the area.

I always state that I'm not one that cares about range as long as it stays in the small areas I'm usually using but when I'm flying over the valleys, I'll fly far just out of curiosity and I get much more range over the valley then I do with my P3P by a long shot but at the same time have less range in populated areas like neighborhoods.

I like my P4 more then my P3p, period. Yes I already had the better DBS mod, yes I have the new bigger one, and yes I've spent about $250 just in cabling and roof mount antennas to fly further, I still think my P4 is faster, sleeker with better features, then my dumb P3p, and distance is exactly the same. (I did have the latest model 323a bird) but I am using the 300b remote and not the 300c, or the GL300A remote for that matter.
I'll note the early model P3Ps do seem to be the furthest flyers. But I stand in my backyard surrounded by 90' trees and homes and I went over 2 miles just the other night using the handheld setup not the Hawking's that are going on the roof.
So tell me then why the P3p guys always seem to try and justify their purchase, I don't care or make a stink, I think it's more a thing for the P3 guys, the P4 guys don't care.

I have a p3a and my next door neighbor has a p4. It is super fast in sport mode, cooler design, better gimble, and some added features I wish I had, but hands down mine flys a lot further stock/stock...both same firmware, same settings, and going same direction and height, starting from my driveway. I went 5,800ft and he could only manage 3,400ish...we did the run several times and about the same every time. So in our own test side by side with everything the same my p3a kicked it's *** in distance...I still love the p4 and would trade him in a heartbeat for all the other reasons I listed in the beginning but it made me feel a little better almost doubling his distance and seeing the look on his face[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Totally loving mine. Range, video quality, stability, battery life, everything. The only downside is, I have run out of locations to film within a couple of hours radius. Why aren't DJI giving us more places to film?!!

When I look at my first 2mp videos from a $50, manic flying bug thing and compare it to the P4's quality output, I realise just how far we've come.

This from a couple of days ago, with reduced quality and a pilot that doesn't know his *** from his elbow when it comes to cinematography

.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fortunately the range can be increased on the p4, but the p3 design, and speed cannot be modified. I flew mine out over 4 miles (21,500ft) the last time I was testing to see how far I could go.(battery limited distance)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl