I'm sorry to say, but,

Reaction score
This Phantom 4? It is amazing! All these people talking crap about the P3 series is so much better are out of their minds IMO!

The active track and TapFly is amazing. Functional and fun as heck.

The sport mode is awesome too..... Zipping at breakneck speeds all around the sky is so much flipping fun!

The collision avoidance is just a cool feature if you were actually trying to film something and can't gauge the height of something. Honestly I keep mine in sport mode for the most part!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Range decrease ?

Guys are going a mile plus stock that's pretty good...

Reactions: H20man
The point is they advertise MORE battery life than the P3 and it gets LESS battery life than the P3. And yes, the P3 got it's advertised battery life and sometimes much more.
There are many reasons why people would want to fly a decent distance away and again, it goes LESS far away than the P3P. In these respects, the newer more expensive drone is a DOWNGRADE and that isn't really acceptable. And it is bordering on fraudulent to advertise such blatantly inflated specs that aren't real.

Has a production drone ever gone the distance on the battery that they advertise? Nope. I really loose time being at a mile high above sea level. Distance....why do peeps want to fly soo far away!

I think it's give and take. New features (some may not care) for not as much range. The battery time thing is kinda like the EPA. Who gets on there car what the window sticker says. It's ideal conditions,high tire pressure,perfect temperature etc etc. It's the way America works folks. It's for some and not for others. Just fly what you got and stop complaining about what it's not and enjoy what it is. Lol

I'm not saying everyone should get 28 mins. I am saying that it should get better battery life than the P3. Same goes for range.

Reactions: DougS
Sounds great but what about the battery life time that has been inflated by DJI?

Honestly after a few cycles of the battery, I get a little more than the P3P.

If you're running around in Sport Mode it's going to kill the battery faster. In GPS mode it definitely lasts longer than my P3 did.

I'm not saying everyone should get 28 mins. I am saying that it should get better battery life than the P3. Same goes for range.

I got a little longer than my P3P honestly. I would say at best the distance and the battery are about the same.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl