I want a weather station setup

Right you lot;)

I take it then that you've all got your weather stations & are all up & running then, yeah;)

Hate this time deference thing, I'm at work, you guys are shooting the breeze I'm at home no one about:eek:

Oh well.. Better do this;)
O-unMM

Reactions: dirkclod
Not sure if you are sorted already, but I have this:

Watson W8681-Pro Professional WI-FI weather station with wireless sensors https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IZJ0R0G/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_OpnEvb5ES7002

Cheap enough and very very easy to setup. The station sends the data to the panel wirelessly. Then the panel hooks up to the internet using WiFi. Just give it your weather underground ID and it does this:

This is mine: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IGOLSPIE2

Took about 20 mins to setup. Started publishing data within a few hours in WU and their apps.

The panel is pretty good too for viewing at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sorted out yet here and still looking at what folk's have and looks like you have a nice set up . Hoping TJ's get's here and see how he like's the Davis unit he got . Thanks for sharing that Inch ! :)

Reactions: Clampit
Right you lot;)

I take it then that you've all got your weather stations & are all up & running then, yeah;)

Hate this time deference thing, I'm at work, you guys are shooting the breeze I'm at home no one about:eek:

Oh well.. Better do this;)
O-unMM
Porky ..ya got that gif going so fast I can't hardly read it ! :eek:
Ya the time thing sucks huh !

Welcome to the party Inch!
waving-hat-smiley-emoticon.gif

My Davis will be here tomorrow (man I love Amazon Prime!). I have a small router ordered that I will re-flash and turn it into an internet portal connection for streaming weather info to the web. Saves about half of the cost of buying ready-made equipment. Besides, I like to tinker. :)

One thing to consider is when purchasing is the refresh rate of the data being sent. Some are a few seconds apart while some are 15, 30, etc. seconds which is a lot for some of the data like wind speed & direction.

I have certainly gained a lot of knowledge researching this stuff. Dang it Porky! You made me learn stuff again!

Welcome to the party Inch!
waving-hat-smiley-emoticon.gif

My Davis will be here tomorrow (man I love Amazon Prime!). I have a small router ordered that I will re-flash and turn it into an internet portal connection for streaming weather info to the web. Saves about half of the cost of buying ready-made equipment. Besides, I like to tinker. :)

One thing to consider is when purchasing is the refresh rate of the data being sent. Some are a few seconds apart while some are 15, 30, etc. seconds which is a lot for some of the data like wind speed & direction.

I have certainly gained a lot of knowledge researching this stuff. Dang it Porky! You made me learn stuff again!
Whats the refresh rate on the model you got TJ ?

If you want to do it on a budget the first on that list (ws-2080) looks to be a decent unit and has some sort of web connectivity built into the display (PC dependent). As you can see on the chart is scores pretty high. While not on that list, I also liked the AcuRite models for a budget buy. The one I got is the Vue, the 5th one down the list.

If you want to do it on a budget the first on that list (ws-2080) looks to be a decent unit and has some sort of web connectivity built into the display (PC dependent). As you can see on the chart is scores pretty high. While not on that list, I also liked the AcuRite models for a budget buy. The one I got is the Vue, the 5th one down the list.
Ya I remember what you ordered and waiting ta see what you come up with . I was looking at the
one similar to what Porky's got but that might just be more than I really need for what I have in mind .
You be having yours up by the end of the weekend right ? :D

I will, but not online yet as I am waiting on the data cable and the router. Next week sometime. It won't be like porky's yet as I still have to figure out the web site end of it all. Until then it will be on Wunderground and other web casting sites, just not my own design yet.

I will, but not online yet as I am waiting on the data cable and the router. Next week sometime. It won't be like porky's yet as I still have to figure out the web site end of it all. Until then it will be on Wunderground and other web casting sites, just not my own design yet.
Well when ya do I want to see it !

Hey WY,

Nice to see ya back;)

Right... This is an English man being a bit dimo:confused: what is a CH4 detector?

Thanks Porky :)
It's a methane sniffing doohickey. I'm just wondering how polluted the air is on the ranch.

:)
Not sure if you are sorted already, but I have this:

Watson W8681-Pro Professional WI-FI weather station with wireless sensors https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IZJ0R0G/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_OpnEvb5ES7002

Cheap enough and very very easy to setup. The station sends the data to the panel wirelessly. Then the panel hooks up to the internet using WiFi. Just give it your weather underground ID and it does this:

This is mine: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IGOLSPIE2

Took about 20 mins to setup. Started publishing data within a few hours in WU and their apps.

The panel is pretty good too for viewing at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the party Inch,

This will help you find things here. It's Google Custom Search for just our forum.
Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Enjoy the show... :)

Porky ..ya got that gif going so fast I can't hardly read it ! :eek:
Ya the time thing sucks huh !

Hey dirk,

Yeah done my eyes in toooo;)

Bout time for ya to go to work ain't it bro .

Yeah, bummer......

I ain't got time to read all these posts, I'll have to check them later;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart