Purchase a phantom 4 RTK?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am considering purchasing a Phantom 4 RTK. I am curious if I would be wasting my money if I do purchase. What would be the disadvantage a purchasing a discontinued drone? Would the done be able to operate for years? Would it eventually not be able to fly? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
WT

Hello everyone,
I am considering purchasing a Phantom 4 RTK. I am curious if I would be wasting my money if I do purchase. What would be the disadvantage a purchasing a discontinued drone? Would the done be able to operate for years? Would it eventually not be able to fly? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
WT
I have a phantom 4 v2 and there is a shortage of parts when something goes wrong. The cost of a phantom RTK is fairly high for a drone, if it has a problem and you can't replace a part.

Reactions: wrtlor
I have a phantom 4 v2 and there is a shortage of parts when something goes wrong. The cost of a phantom RTK is fairly high for a drone, if it has a problem and you can't replace a part
I have a phantom 4 v2 and there is a shortage of parts when something goes wrong. The cost of a phantom RTK is fairly high for a drone, if it has a problem and you can't replace a part.
Hi,

I understand your query and I personally do not suggest the DJI Phantom 4 Pro RTK, for many reasons.

I have been very pleased with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 and the Teokit equipment: Teokit - easy way to integrate GNSS to DJI Phantom 4

that allowed me to do many survey works with the precision that I could never achieved without it.

I am at present upgrading my equipment and I decided to sell my DJI Phantom Pro V2 with Teokit PPK GNSS GPS GLONASS already successful installed and full functional, to who might be interested, and at a discounted price for the PhantomPilots's friends!

Please watch the eBay listing and name an offer.

Regards, Frank
Drone Pilot & Operator

Hi,

I understand your query and I personally do not suggest the DJI Phantom 4 Pro RTK, for many reasons.

I have been very pleased with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 and the Teokit equipment: Teokit - easy way to integrate GNSS to DJI Phantom 4

that allowed me to do many survey works with the precision that I could never achieved without it.

I am at present upgrading my equipment and I decided to sell my DJI Phantom Pro V2 with Teokit PPK GNSS GPS GLONASS already successful installed and full functional, to who might be interested, and at a discounted price for the PhantomPilots's friends!

Please watch the eBay listing and name an offer.

Regards, Frank
Drone Pilot & Operator

I learned DJI stopped supporting the P4P V1 last July. I believe they still support the P4 V2 since they recently updated the firmware to be RID compliant. They still support the P4 RTK I operate (also recently updated to be RID compliant), but who knows for how long.

I hear great things from colleagues who map with the Mavic 3 Enterprise with the RTK module commenting that the P4 RTK is comparatively long in the tooth. But I regularly fly it reliably.

Get a Mavic 3 Enterprise.
It is currently fully supported and is incrementally better than the Phantom 4 RTK in almost every way.
They both will give about the same precision/accuracy, but the Mavic has a better camera with a larger CMOS sensor, and can take images faster due to being able to write the images faster.

The Phantom 4 RTK does win a few points. It is larger and easier to see VLOS and if allowed in your country can support a mapping drone swarm option.

The Mavic also adds a great zoom ability and fully integrates into Flight Hub 2 for advanced operations, easy live streaming and autonomous flights.

With all that said I own a Phantom 4 RTK and it is great. I don't upgrade because the Mavic is incrementally better, not a game changer, at least for my use case (mapping).

I wasn’t aware of this. Certainly some components may require some searching.
I contacted a local repair shop that's DJi certified. I had just purchased a phantom 4 V2. It was randomly yawing slightly. When I called he told me that he didn't have any parts to fix that issue. After researching I did a compass, IMU and controller calibration that fixed the issue at DJI's suggestion. They told me they would do what they could to help. I was thankful I didn't have to hunt for a part and have it replaced. Just some food for thought. DJI is going to be making less and less parts as new drones come out. I bought one for $350 figuring it would be worth the risk but would have felt stupid if it couldn't be fixed. Just some food for thought. I am using this to learn on until I can afford a Mavic 3 E, so I understand your concern. Just passing along my experience.

A V2 for 350.00 ???
Yeah, got it on Ebay with a solid case and six batteries. I've been hunting for weeks. Most of the batteries have to be replaced. It's been commercially used. but it works fine currently. The shipping was another 125 from Florida to NY

Reactions: jaja6009
Yeah, got it on Ebay with a solid case and six batteries. I've been hunting for weeks. Most of the batteries have to be replaced. It's been commercially used. but it works fine currently. The shipping was another 125 from Florida to NY
Thats a really good deal!
The camera on this drone is still very relevant.
A lot of middlemen drone service providers (Zeitview, cell tower inspections) want the images from a P4 Pro/Adv still to this day.

Congrats on a steal.

Reactions: BetterBizTech
Thats a really good deal!
The camera on this drone is still very relevant.
A lot of middlemen drone service providers (Zeitview, cell tower inspections) want the images from a P4 Pro/Adv still to this day.

Congrats on a steal.
Unfortunately it's lots more work than the newer models. Fiinding automated flights to be quite challenging.

Hello everyone,
WT
I just upgraded my Phantom 4 Pro v2 with this
TOPODRONE DJI Phantom 4 PPK Upgrade Kit
Great budget alternative to buying the whole separate RTK drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl